Forum

Posts by colin (colin)

colin
colin

I know PVM is still considered a supported product, howerver is there an End of Life date for it as it's been pretty well removed from the website? We have an additional team looking for a password vault solution, howerver I don't want to go through the process of setting it up for them if we're going to have to move to DPS or some other solution in the next 12 months.

7 mths End of Life Date?
colin
colin

Thanks, I just received it.

10 mths Custom Installers
colin
colin

Thanks. It wasn't terribly clear that I could modify those existing parameters to create new ones. I've modified the clustering Failover Partner with this value and set it to true. At best I can say it didn't break anything at the moment. We also discovered it may be an issue with our software defined perimeter. I'm running down with that vendor. My utility server inside the perimeter appears to be working well now.

10 mths Multi-subnet SQL Always on Group
colin
colin

I created a custom installer request for PVM 9.6.0.0 about an hour and a half ago. Usually these take 30 minutes at most.

10 mths Custom Installers
colin
colin

Our RDM SQL Database was recently moved to a Multi-Subnet SQL Always on Group. We're seeing random timeouts when connecting to the database listener. Our DBA team has said that we need to add multisubnetfailover=true to our connection information, howerver I don't see a way to do this. My guess is this is something that needs to be added to the Advanced Settings under the SQL Connection, but I thought I would check to make sure I'm not missing it before opening a feature request.

10 mths Multi-subnet SQL Always on Group
colin
colin

I figured it out. They're being stored in the Windows Credential Store, not actually within RDM.

11 mths Clear Stored RDP Gateway Credentials
colin
colin

I have a user that entered credentials for the wrong account in the RDP Gateway Login prompt. They checked the remember credentials box. They are good credentials, just not allowed to access the gateway. I can't seem to find a way to clear those credentials so they can enter new credentials for the gateway.

11 mths Clear Stored RDP Gateway Credentials
colin
colin

That is correct.

2 yrs Mac Personal Credientails Prompt with List when using PVM.
colin
colin

I am using Password Vault Manager for My Personal Credentials in RDM. In the Windows version I have the option to prompt with a list all of my PVM entires when connecting. I would like feature to be available for the Mac version of RDM as well.

2 yrs Mac Personal Credientails Prompt with List when using PVM.
colin
colin

Well, I'm not sure what fixed it, but I had my Surface re-imaged last week and it's working now. Also appears to be working on my Windows 7 VDI. I'll check around with my team and see if they're having the same experience.

2 yrs Copy Username and Password not working after upgrading to 9.0.x
colin
colin

That did not correct the issue. Point of clarification, I'm using Password Vault Manager, not Remote Desktop Manager which you showed in your screenshot. That said, I made the settings change in both and tested, the issue appears to exist in both products.

Additional information that you may want. I'm on Windows 10 1703, build 15063.786. However we're seeing the same issue across all of the systems on my team which are a mix of Windows 10 and Window 7.

colin
colin

I'm seeing it on the Login (Account) type and Username/Password type.

colin
colin

After upgrading to 9.0.0.0 and now 9.0.1.0 the Copy Username and Password button is not working in PVM. This was working previously in 8.x on my system.

The individual Copy Username and Copy Password buttons are working.

colin
colin

Please add the ability to use My Personal Credentials as a credential option for SSH Gateway. Currently the Options are only Custom and Credential Repository.

2 yrs SSH Gateway Jump Host - My Personal Credentials
colin
colin

Just found that myself. That fixed it.

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Hello,

Could you check that you have the "advanced entries" option checked?:

Regards,

2 yrs Unable to Create Credential Entries in PVM 9.0.0.0
colin
colin

None of the Credential Entry Types show available when trying to create a new Entry.

Untitled

2 yrs Unable to Create Credential Entries in PVM 9.0.0.0
colin
colin

I'm trying to figure out how to use the PowerShell Module to set Custom Roles on View and Edit permissions for Individual sessions.

I can set the RoleOverride to Custom using the Set-RDMSessionProperty $RDMID -Path Security -Property RoleOverride -Value Custom

However, I can't seem to find a way to set the actual Permissions for View and Edit to Custom and assign Roles to them.

Anyone have any Ideas? Looking through the documentation I'm not finding anything that seems like it's going to do this, but I'm hoping I'm just missing something.

2 yrs Use Powershell To Set Custom Roles on View and Edit