Posts by reinout (reinout)

reinout
reinout

Yes, me to!

3 mths Kaseya integration
reinout
reinout

Hi,

We are trying out WAYK, so we can use that in stead of another tool to connect to users if they have issues. However, when we try to connect to a user session, that user gives us his source ID and password, WAYK prompts us for a username and password. We do not now the password of the user, and when we try to use the admin name and admin password, we are in another session. We can not look with the user.

We probably are doing something wrong, but can not figure out what …

We assumed that when a user is providing us the source ID and password, we could connect with those credentials, in stead of the Windows credentials, which are asked by WAYK.

12 mths Connect to user sessions
reinout
reinout

Hi,

Currently we are using some PowerShell scripts for customers. These script we use are embedded in RDM and make use of the custom variables we have. The scripts are generic, but since every environment has their own credentials so we add these scripts to the correct Customer folder so we can use the credentials defined in the upper Folder (inherit passwords). This works great and handy, we only need to double click a script and the script is executing for the correct environment.

However when we update a script, we need to browse trough all the customers and update the script for that environment. (see also the attachment)

It would be handy if we had a kind of placeholder for the scripts and then just link it to the environment of a customer. Just like the password fault.

2 yrs Powershell script links
reinout
reinout

I would like to load the inventory trough the agent on the Jump server so it is passed to our main database.

This would be nice since the Jump server is part of the domain, and the worker computers are not, so the Jump server has all necessary (WMI) rights, while the worker computers do not have this rights.

Regards,

Reinout

2 yrs Load from inventory through Jump
reinout
reinout

No... I didnt look hard enough i guess smile '

Thnx for your answer!

3 yrs Lastpass add-on
reinout
reinout

Thanks Alan, that makes it all even easier!

░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░██░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░░░░
░░░██░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░
░░░██░░████░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░
░░░██░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░
░░░░██████████░███░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░
░░░░██░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░
░░░░███████████░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░
░░░░░░██░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░░░
░░░░░░██████████░██░░░░███░██░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░████░███░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

3 yrs Connecting to Office 365 Powershell
reinout
reinout

I wonder, is it possible to add a new add-on so we can use LastPass with Remote Desktop Manager?

3 yrs Lastpass add-on
reinout
reinout

Hi Alan,

Good question! I use it as embedded script, so my colleagues can use it also without needing to have the ps1 file on their computer. I do not think it will work if you use the variable straight into the script ($username$). I think Powershell will extract the variable and put the last $ behind it. (If you username is admin, then Powershell will make Admin$ from the variable $USERNAME$).

*But* I never tried it either smile

reinout
reinout

I know it's an old subject, but maybe someone can use this. We are using the next (embeded) script to connect to the most used MSOL services:

--------------------------------------------

#Created by Reinout.Dorreboom@bevio.nl

$User = $args[0]
$tenantName = $args[2]
$Password = ConvertTo-SecureString -String $args[1] -AsPlainText -Force
$creds = New-Object –TypeName System.Management.Automation.PSCredential –ArgumentList $User, $PassWord
$Site = "https://$tenantName-admin.sharepoint.com"

#clean up opened sessions
Write-Host 'Clean up the current sessions on the computer...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
Get-PSSession | Remove-PSSession
Write-Host 'Done' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Green

$Modules = @("MSOnline","SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline","SkypeOnlineConnector")

$Modules | foreach{
if (Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name MSOnline) {
Write-Host "$_ Module exists" -ForegroundColor green
} else {
Write-Host "$_ Module does not exist" -ForegroundColor red
$answer = Read-Host -Prompt "Do you want to continue? Yes (y) / No (n)"
If($answer -eq "n"){exit}
}
}

#Connect to the MS Online Services
Write-Host 'Connecting to MS Online Services...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
Connect-MsolService –Credential $Creds |Out-Null

#Connect to SharePoint Online
Write-Host 'Connecting to SharePoint Online...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
Connect-PnPOnline -Url $site -Credentials $Creds |out-null

#Login to Exchange Online Remote Powershell and import the MS Exchange Module
Write-Host 'Connecting to Exchange Online...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
$ExOnSession = New-PSSession –ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $Creds -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection -WarningAction SilentlyContinue
Import-PSSession $ExOnSession -WarningAction SilentlyContinue -DisableNameChecking |Out-Null

#Login to the Compliance Center Remote Powershell and import the Compliance center Module
Write-Host 'Connecting to the Compliance Center...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
$ComplianceSession = New-PSSession –ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.compliance.protection.outlook.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $Creds -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection -WarningAction SilentlyContinue
Import-PSSession $ComplianceSession -WarningAction SilentlyContinue -DisableNameChecking |Out-Null

#Connect to Lync Online
Write-Host 'Connecting to Lync Online...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
$LyncSession = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $Creds
Import-PSSession $LyncSession -AllowClobber -WarningAction SilentlyContinue -DisableNameChecking |Out-Null

Write-Host "`nYou are now connected to Office 365, Exchange Online, the Compliance center, Skype for Business Online and SharePoint Online" -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Yellow

-------------------------------------------

In the credential manager we use the next values:
Username: admin@domain.com
Password: AdminPassword
Domain: Tenant name (this will be used by the script to get the SharePoint url (http://[tenantname]-admin.sharepoint.com)

Then use as arguments: $USERNAME$ $PASSWORD$ $DOMAIN$

BTW do not forget to set the option in your session: Allow password in Variable (in your session -> Security Allow Password in Variable)

Hope this helps someone!