Forum

Posts by tomer01 (tomer01)

tomer01
tomer01

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

If the navigation doesn't display the sessions, there's a few solutions that you can try to resolve the issue;

• CTRL + F5 to refresh the local cache
  • Make sure that the Name column is present in the Navigation Pane
  • Delete the *.lyt files present in %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager
Sorry about the situation that you have encounter.

Best regards,

Thanks Jeff, wish I had thought of that earlier.
The issue has not returned, but if it does I can be smarter next time

2 yrs Navigation Pane non-operational
tomer01
tomer01

Update:

In an effort to continue my work I was forced to attempt drastic measures.
I uninstalled RDM entirely
I cleaned the registry of all occurrences or mentions of Devolutions
Did the same on C: drive
Then reinstalled from a custom installer created fro an RDM installation on a PC from on of my team members.

This seems to have solved the issue on my system, but I am still pretty convinced that it was a result of a bug so I would suggest your continued attention to this matter as it was a serious time-waster and inconvenience

tomer01
tomer01

Hello,

I recently triggered the RDM feature to reset the layout.
Once the process was complete the Navigation pane had disappeared.
In an attempt to get it back I go to View ribbon. The option for Navigation Pane is already selected, so I deselect it.
I then reselect it, but nothing changes.

I have also attempted repair using a downloaded installer of 13.6.6.0, (the installer downloaded during the update process was not found and was unavailable for local repair without downloading from Devolutions site)

I have also attempted full uninstall, download of old customer installer of v13.5.6.0, and then update again to v13.6.6.0.
This also has not worked.

I have attempted to reset the layout again to no avail.
I have attempted hiding other parts of the UI and they always return although for some reason now the Dashboard is empty and does not include any othe the usual shortcuts

I am currently in a position where I am unable to view my navigation pane and saved connections

I am assuming this is some kind of bug.

I am currently unable to make use of my RDM installation Whaaaaa?

tomer01
tomer01

Hey guys,

Maybe I have some misconfiguration but since update to 13 I have noticed that when I logoff a session causing it to close, the tree and UI focus does not change to other open sessions.
The closing session does reveal the other open session in the workspace, but the tree focus remains on the old session
This means that the ACTION menu is one of the old closed session and not the session I am currently looking at
Even if i then click within a different open session's workspace, the focus doesn't change.
In order to change the tree/UI focus I am forced to click on the entry in the tree or click on the tab of the session.

Any ideas?

2 yrs Current session focus does not change on alternate session close
tomer01
tomer01

Sure... here are the two tooltips..

2 yrs First connection opened ignores Display settings
tomer01
tomer01

Sure... Please see attached

tomer01
tomer01

Hi, sorry for not responding sooner. I guess I could have been of some help here.

In my case I can tell you that the dashboard is not closed or set to hidden on my setup.
The Dashboard tab is visible on the left of the currently open connection tab.
I have already downloaded and applied the fix you posted earlier, but I can see no change in behavior.
The first connection opened ignores display sizing config and other connections after that seem to be fine.
If other connections are open and I close the first connection and then reconnect everything seems fine.
If I close all connections, the next (first) connection i open will again ignore the display sizing configurations

So basically it would seem that the issue only occurs when the connection being opened is the only connection currently open, it will ignore the display settings

Additionally I have just figured out that the issue occurs mainly when connecting to older instances of Windows (server 2008) where as if the first connection is to a newer version of windows (server 2012 and above) the connection is made and I see a flash of the scrollbars and as the taskbar flashes into view they both disappear and the "reconnecting" dialog pops up to show connection reset. Once the reconnection is complete the display sizing is correct.

Hope this helps

tomer01
tomer01

Hey all,

After updating to v13 I have found that if no previous connections are yet open, the first connection to open does not respect the configuration regarding Display Size.
The first connection will open with scrollbars visible and parts of the screen out of view.
After that session is open, all other sessions will start as required with the remote desktop resized correctly and no scrollbars.
If all sessions are then closed, the initial behavior returns when the next session is opened as it is again "the first".

Highly annoying functionality/bug. I recall a similar issue in past v12 versions but past fixes do not change result.
Would appreciate assistance.

tomer01
tomer01

Hi, I have been having similar issues and in my searching I found this thread which I can see is rather old although for me still relevant.
My question is why am I unable to find this configuration option anywhere in v12.6.1? I have been searching for "Fit embedded window" but cannot find it anywhere. I have even used the nice little "Search Property" search box but to no avail.

3 yrs RDP Smart Size