Forum

Posts by amayacitta (amayacitta)

amayacitta
amayacitta

Please can you notify me when a fix is released, this is a painful bug for me.

2 yrs 13.5.4.0 Stability
amayacitta
amayacitta

Ok thanks, ill try my best, we sometimes need the sessions to be actually closed rather than just disconnected..... so its not a great workaround. We can use putty for now if we need to properly exit.

2 yrs 13.5.4.0 Stability
amayacitta
amayacitta

imageHere is an image of it crashing, it's just done it again upset

2 yrs 13.5.4.0 Stability
amayacitta
amayacitta

Since upgrading to 13.5.4.0 I'm having stability issues, when I type exit to come out of an SSH session, there is a delay before the tab closes and sometimes this causes the application to crash entirely, I just lost a session when I was in the middle of installing something, which is rubbish!

What do you need from me to diagnose this? Happy to provide logs etc. I would look to downgrade if possible as the older version was much more stable, I'm being forced to use Putty right now upset

2 yrs 13.5.4.0 Stability
amayacitta
amayacitta

I just sent you an image via private message... I think I attached it... can't see it in my sent messages though so hope you have it.

2 yrs VMware / Hyper-V Console
amayacitta
amayacitta

Also whilst thinking about it, it would be cool if you could add a column for the host that the VM is hosted on, if I connect to a virtual centre server for example, I have no idea which host the VM is on by only looking at the list.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Hey guys,
Could you add a search feature at the top when connected to a hypervisor session? When I connect there is a huge list of virtual machines, which can take time to navigate. A search feature either on the top bar or somehow include the VM's in the session search at the bottom left in the main window.

Cheers,
Amayacitta

amayacitta
amayacitta

Marvellous, I upgraded to VMRC 10 and the issue has gone away ;-) cheers for the pointer.

3 yrs VMRC 9.0 and RDM Latest
amayacitta
amayacitta

VMware Remote Console 9.0.0 as installed when I upgraded to VMware workstation 14.0 no longer connects to the session when connecting through a host or the virtual centre server. Is this a known issue? If I connect through vSphere it works fine, it appears to be how RDM calls the console.

3 yrs VMRC 9.0 and RDM Latest
amayacitta
amayacitta

I only configured the 64bit version, as I assumed RDM would align to my computer architecture.

As soon as I configured the 32bit version of vSphere PowerCLI everything works. Thanks for your assistance.

3 yrs VMware Console doesnt list VM's
amayacitta
amayacitta

Excellent thanks smile

3 yrs Serial / SSH Putty Commands
amayacitta
amayacitta

Hey guys,

I've followed the instructions to setup a VMware console to the VC/ESX host as per the below articles. I can run the below command no problem. When I open the session I get no VM's listed. I'm running ESX 6.5 and RDM 12.6.8.0. Can anyone assist me to set this up?

Get-View -ViewType VirtualMachine | select -Property Name, {$_.Moref.Value};

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?howto_powershell_scriptexecution.htm
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?kb_configuringpowercli.htm
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/#_ga=2.162892988.1860413649.1505915191-1708886780.1498563776

3 yrs VMware Console doesnt list VM's
amayacitta
amayacitta

Fairly regular application crashes, when doing simple things like minimising and maximising the application. I've reverted back to 12.6.8.0 and the issues have gone away.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Tested and this works well, unfortunately the beta client is too unstable for me so I'm rolling back to the previous version and will wait for the feature to be rolled into the stable release.

Thanks for adding the feature smile

amayacitta
amayacitta

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for providing additional details.

The Custom PowerShell Command is offered when there is no option in the UI to execute an action.

That being said, I just tried the same thing you did and only one session retained the IP address.

I will investigate this with our engineering team.

Thank you so much for reporting this!

Best regards,

Excellent thank you.

3 yrs Batch Edit - Batch Actions
amayacitta
amayacitta

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

We have the Entry History feature to revert an entry to a previous state if needed;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/home_sessionhistory.htm

Best regards,

Unfortunately I just have an RDM file on my laptop, would be great to get a simple feature of multiple backup files smile I only have one copy of this at my company, it seems silly to place it on SQL.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Refactoring them individually works ok, this was is faster than the batch edit for sure.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Slight other topic, but can you add an option in the repository backup to retain a configurable number of backup versions? Simply appending 1/2/3 or something to the end of the file would do me, but you may have a better way of doing that. Sometimes if I make a mistake the backup is too new by the time I realise and I don't have enough history to restore :-|

amayacitta
amayacitta

I just tried the refactoring option and the IP address was also cleared.

amayacitta
amayacitta

I select a bunch of them > right click > edit > batch edit > batch actions > convert Putty/Rebex session to SSH/Telnet/PortForward Session > Select SSH target type (Tried automatic as well).

Didn't know I could use PoSH to do it... interesting. What is the module called to import?

amayacitta
amayacitta

These sessions were originally imported from Superputty, I have an export of them as *.rdm which i'll attach here as there are no credentials in them.

amayacitta
amayacitta

I've tried to convert about 20 or so, then I tried just 5 and still had the same issue.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Hey guys,

When I use the batch edit batch actions to convert sessions from putty to native SSH, the first one in the batch converts OK. The rest convert but the IP address is removed, this happened with the last few versions (I was hoping it would be fixed).

I've just upgraded to 12.9.1.0 beta to assist with the serial command buttons (in another thread) and the issue is sill around.

Any chance you could help me out? I have many putty sessions I want to convert, I don't really fancy doing them all one by one.

Cheers,
Amayacitta

amayacitta
amayacitta

Excellent, no problem I can test it out. I don't think I receive any notifications about beta's - if you send me an email amayacitta-at-gmail.com I'll test it out for you.

Cheers.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Sorry to bump this thread, would it be possible to get these buttons also integrated into the serial connection? They work for native SSH but are not there for serial as far as I can see.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Excellent, thanks that worked a treat smile

amayacitta
amayacitta

Is there an easy way to convert the Rebex to the native SSH terminal?

amayacitta
amayacitta

Excellent news, thanks for sorting that - will mean less moving backwards and forwards into putty :-)

amayacitta
amayacitta

FYI i've managed to find a way to do this, I switched to Rebex SSH and under tools on the ribbon I can do what I need smile

Only improvement for me would be to put the actions ribbon buttons that are applicable to the session under the right click context menu for the session. I usually hide the ribbon, and would prefer to right click than open the ribbon and go to the action section.

amayacitta
amayacitta

Nice, thanks for this smile

It will make my life better, i keep switching back to standard putty or super putty to do this... which is a shame.