Forum

Posts by aammir01 (aammir01)

aammir01
aammir01

I would like to report the same issue. It is happening on my DVLS server. Error log attached.
Details:
Product version:
RDM: Ent. 11.7.6.0
DVLS: 3.2.0.0

Issue (web login): Server connected successfully but unable to retrieve server information.
DVLS version: 4.7.0.0
RDM Version: 13.0.5.0
Server OS: 2012 R2 64

Issue (RDM login): DVLS server is not responding
Error message on RDM client:
Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.TryGoOfflineException: DVLS server is not responding.

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource.cb6f90699089bd1c9688221883b0c338f(String c18973cea236a9feff75c32ca7d1697d5, String ceb81d1ee93f91e0bc57f34876c263863, Boolean c8c947c51eb176e7175409fd081e947ab, Boolean c2de1417c23cd0676ca16f3b418d16455, Boolean cd1019342f38d18a4083300b0c0b48efb)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource.c88b8bc6e236931f324b713404e90b15d(Boolean c5d807049ab3ae30aad5318fa57dc6159, String& c18973cea236a9feff75c32ca7d1697d5, String& ceb81d1ee93f91e0bc57f34876c263863, Boolean c88d1c88a1983c4218837515ad03a99d0)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource.Login(Boolean useCredentials)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSWebApiClient.get_c3e2a9eaefc85e07772d691a26117253e()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSWebApiClient.c4f29e92191dd12faa33558e4567c2877.c8c7ed9bf7f6d729783dd95d0bd345d35()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSWebApiClient.c5f4f6c72c053c0cd60a62abeeaa43fdf[cb75a0a5d15a1ad8b8a8a5e57cca214a3](c31561c0d54939abd223ac7c0cf30e7e6`1 c6cc9ab02b2ea9ccd42c7c0497677bcc2)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSWebApiClient.GetData(String proxyConnectionCacheID, Byte[] version)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource.GetDataSourceSettings()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.c29fbd34504079a3525ca4c390d5d4074(BaseConnectionDataSource c7f28727fc7a5daa94ba08f688b2a5781)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.ca4799bebd8b706f34eea94a778843b55(BaseConnectionDataSource c01af917dca3518ff73ed69848f95f91a, Boolean cfe205b02d73750f8fd14d199343fe545)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource dataSource)

Diagnostics status:

Application Log: Latest error

2 yrs Unexpected exception after upgrading to RDM 13.0.4
aammir01
aammir01

Hi Jeff,

Issue is with DVLS, I havent upgraded the RDM Client, Can I upgrade it ow ? and try again ?

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

@Aammir,

Are you experiencing an issue with ScreenConnect or DVLS?

If it's with DVLS, have you updated RDM on your server to RDM 13 prior to upgrade your DVLS instance?

Best regards,

2 yrs Screen Connect V5
aammir01
aammir01

I recently upgraded DVLS version to 4.7.0.0 and I am getting the error : Server connected successfully but unable to retrieve server information. Not able to connect to datasource from RDM client not even using Web interface.

2 yrs Screen Connect V5
aammir01
aammir01

Hello David,

After confirmation from Production Infrastructure team, I found that 'Yes, we are using Alternate UPN suffix'. Now, this force me to stay on the DVLS version 3.2.0.0 which in no more supported (please correct me if i am wrong).

I am eagerly waiting to listen from you about the new release that supports alternate UPN suffix

3 yrs Problem accessing "Connections" at website
aammir01
aammir01

hi David,

i have tried with both UPN and NetBIOS.

aammir01
aammir01

Aammir wrote:

Hello Team,

After fixing the Encryption issue. I came across new issue with Domain Authentication.
When domain user attempt to connect to the DS (data source) with domain credentials login details created under User & Security Management looks weird, attached is the screen shot.

After this any domain user attempting to connect is getting logged in to previous users profile.
Let me know suitable time to share the details on Remote Desktop.

Authentication Details:
Authentication > Domain > Automatic User creation:Username format: NetBios

Problem reference: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic27919-dvls-web-authentication.aspx

aammir01
aammir01

Hello Team,

After fixing the Encryption issue. I came across new issue with Domain Authentication.
When domain user attempt to connect to the DS (data source) with domain credentials login details created under User & Security Management looks weird, attached is the screen shot.

After this any domain user attempting to connect is getting logged in to previous users profile.
Let me know suitable time to share the details on Remote Desktop.

Authentication Details:
Authentication > Domain > Automatic User creation:Username format: NetBios

aammir01
aammir01

Hi David,

Yes I have mote then one DVLS server instance running.
Attached is the screen shot.
Note: rest of 2 DVLS instance on 3.2.0.0 is running absolutely fine. Issue is with 4.5.0.0

David Grandolfo wrote:

Hi,

I would like to investigate this problem with you. Before doing a regenerate of the encryption keys, could you confirm if you have more than one DVLS ?

Best regards,

aammir01
aammir01

Hello Team,

Getting "Error: The encryption file is missing, please contact your administrator.". After configuring DVLS 4.5.0.0.
While trying to connect from the RDM client getting error : DVLS server is not responding

aammir01
aammir01

Thanks for your help Erica smile

#Script will backup all the DVLS session and Shared templates

$enddate = (Get-Date).tostring("yyyyMMdd")
$filename = 'C:\RDM_Backup\' + $enddate + '_RDMSessionBackup.xml'

#forHTML
#$filename = 'C:\RDM_Backup\' + $enddate + '_RDMSessionBackup.html'

$TemplateBackup = 'C:\RDM_Backup\' + $enddate + '_RDMSharedTemplateBackup.xml'

$password = "P@$$W0rd"
$password = $password | ConvertTo-SecureString -Force -AsPlainText

#html
#$sessions = get-rdmsession; $password = read-host -assecurestring "Password" Export-RDMSession -Path 'C:\RDM_Backup\'$filename -Sessions $sessions -ExportType "HTML" -Password $password

#xml
$sessions = get-rdmsession; Export-RDMSession -Path $filename -Sessions $sessions -ExportType "XML" -IncludeCredentials -Password $password

#Templates backup
$templates = Get-RDMTemplate | where {$_.Source -eq "Shared"}
$templates | Export-Clixml $TemplateBackup

Schedule the script to run weekly. Let me know If anything else apart from SQL DB needs to be backed-up

3 yrs powershell issues
aammir01
aammir01

Hi Erica,

Fixed it with the below command, but It is not exporting Templates. I tried a lot to get the solution to export templates (shared) but no fix so far.

$enddate = (Get-Date).tostring("yyyyMMdd")
$filenameXML = 'C:\RDM_Backup\' + $enddate + '_RDMSessionBackup.xml'
$sessions = get-rdmsession; $password = read-host -assecurestring "Password" Export-RDMSession -Path $filenameXML -Sessions $sessions -ExportType "XML" -IncludeCredentials -Password $password

I was reading the KB on RDM and found that below details holds the TEMPLATES backup.

The configuration file can be located in different folders depending on certain conditions:

Case
Configuration file location
Installed under "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)"
"%LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager"
Application running on Terminal Server
"%AppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager". This is the roaming profile and avoids multi-user conflicts.
Other
Installation folder

Please let me know If there is any solution to backup Shared Templates.
Ref.: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic2779-folder-location-for-local-templates.aspx

Thanks,

3 yrs powershell issues
aammir01
aammir01

It was a TYPO. I corrected it and was running without any issues.

$sessions = get-rdmsession; $password = read-host -assecurestring "Password" Export-RDMSession -Path $filename -Sessions $sessions -ExportType "HTML" -Password $password

But the above command is not taking the complete backup, it is taking just the session group, username, domain, and password. I need a command to take complete backup such as app settings, templates, icons, etc.

Please let me know.

3 yrs powershell issues
aammir01
aammir01

Thanks for instructions Erica.
And you are right, some cmdlets are not working. Still my requirement met for automating the backup schedule of Session.

PS C:\Windows\system32> $sessions = get-rdmsession; $password = read-host -assecurestring "Password" Export-RDMSession
-Path C:\Session_Backup\MyFilename.html -Sessions $sessions -ExportType "HTML" -Password $password
Password: ********

Thanks,
Erica

3 yrs powershell issues
aammir01
aammir01

Erica Poirier wrote:

Hello Aammir,

Does RDM is installed on the computer where you try to load the RDM PowerShell module?

If so, does the RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll file exist in this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop
Manager\"?

If the folder doesn't exist, please adapt the path in the Import-Module command to point to the right location.

Best regards,

Yes Erica 'RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll' file exist in the same folder. I think it's talking about 'no valid module file was found in any module
directory.', which should be <modulefile>.PSM1. That file is not present, and I am not sure from where to get it.

3 yrs powershell issues
aammir01
aammir01

Hi Team,
while trying to import PSModule for RDM getting below error:
PS C:\Users\dl-dvls-svc> Import-Module “${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager
.PowerShellModule.dll”
Import-Module : The specified module 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop
Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module
directory.
At line:1 char:1
+ Import-Module “${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\Remot ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Program File...ShellModule.dll:String) [Import-Module], FileNot
FoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

3 yrs powershell issues
aammir01
aammir01

Hi Team,

PS C:\Users\dl-dvls-svc> Import-Module “${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager
.PowerShellModule.dll”
Import-Module : The specified module 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop
Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module
directory.
+ Import-Module “${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\Remot ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Program File...ShellModule.dll:String) [Import-Module], FileNot
FoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

3 yrs RDM Powershell CMDLets and Shortcut
aammir01
aammir01

Hi Team,

.PowerShellModule.dll”
directory.
FoundException

3 yrs Devolution ADSync Powershell Commands