Forum

Posts by gkirkman (gkirkman)

gkirkman
gkirkman

I think it was pretty clear that I am testing full builds in our DEV environment, prior to general release to our business, to ensure no major issues make it to our end users. This doesn't mean I am testing "beta" builds. It's still not clear to me what Devolutions considers a general release.

I am salty, because I have so many issues in the past with their previous releases of DPS and RDM that I had delayed releasing deployment to our entire company.

When they "release" a new version and it breaks functionality in our DEV environment, I need to be able to downgrade the DEV environment to the exact previous version to match our PROD. In this case, a year had lapsed and nothing was posted in the section. The initial response I received was completely wrong in my opinion, as there have been "official releases".

16 days Can someone please update the "Download Previous Versions" for RDM?
gkirkman
gkirkman

So is it correct that the versions between 14.1.2 and 2019.1.41.0 are non-production beta builds? If so, you guys really need to state that on the release notes, as I am not being paid to test your software for you with my users.

19 days Can someone please update the "Download Previous Versions" for RDM?
gkirkman
gkirkman

I like how you edited your response after mine. Here is the original attached.

gkirkman
gkirkman

This is cause for concern, as they are not posted as beta and I would never release a beta version of the software in our production environment. Please have someone from your management reach out to me, as this response is very distressing.

gkirkman
gkirkman

So, what constitutes an "official release"? Are you saying RDM ver. 14.1 was the last official release back in January? Are the last 23 releases in the "official" release notes all beta builds?

gkirkman
gkirkman

For those that are testing and find issues, we need a way to roll back to the previous latest version. It appears that no one cares to update this section, as there isn't even a 2019.x.x.x listed. There have been 23 version releases, according to the release notes, since it was last updated. Can someone please maintain and update the "Download Previous Versions" for RDM?

gkirkman
gkirkman

We are getting this same error using O365 Auth/ with DPS 2019.1.20.0. Happens at login and we get 3 notifications that are the same, each time.

2 mths Token Expired using SSO - Office 365
gkirkman
gkirkman

I am also interested in this. O365 single sign on used to work with RDM and DPS, but it seems that it doesn't work in the latest builds.

5 mths Automatic login in RDM with Office365 as security provider with Password Server
gkirkman
gkirkman

Awesome, thanks. For some reason, I was thinking it was just for passwords, but I now see that I can scope it to the repository. Also, does anyone know how to get around the 50 day limitation on the report. I would like to see a 60 day and a 90 day.

9 mths Serials Expiration Report
gkirkman
gkirkman

We have setup a repository specifically to track licenses and serials. Now that we have collected some data entries, we are looking for a report that will show all upcoming expiring and expired licenses. However, I can't seem to find this function. Can you please point me in the right direction?

9 mths Serials Expiration Report
gkirkman
gkirkman

We are getting Certificate Couldn't Be Verified on RDM 14.1.3.0, since update. The "Continue and Remember" option does not work and prompts again on restart of client or when you check for updates.

Issued to:
*.devolutions.net
*.remotedesktopmanager.com

10 mths Certificate Couldn't Be Verified on RDM 14.1.3.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

Just checked and it happens on all the buttons, i.e. Users, Security Groups, Repositories, Roles, and Import Users.

12 mths DPS 6.1.0.0 Console Error When Clicking Users on Web App 5.1.1.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

In an effort to test, I downloaded the latest DPS Console 6.1.0.0 and only updated one of my web apps that is not in production yet. However, I have two other web apps on version 5.1.1.0. On these two I get the error below when clicking on the Users button in the console.

How can I downgrade just the DPS Console to version 5.1.1.0? I have already downgraded the one web app.

Unable to Connect to your Data Source
Invalid column name 'HasAccessLauncher'.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'HasAccessLauncher'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.GetData(String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters, IDbConnection dbConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseSecuritySubDataSource.GetUsers[T](Int32 userType, Nullable`1 userId)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseSecuritySubDataSource.GetUsers()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RDMSLocalManager.GetAllUsers(Boolean useCache)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.c81c347c83082c8f27092d107150085af(Boolean ceb9d2241b042f495f5aa0c7d6093924c, Boolean c440bd4e981f9e5440e1357bea1af9714)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.Initialize(ISecurityManager securityManager)
ClientConnectionId:768c20f5-426e-4f47-b6b7-63b9766a346b
Error Number:207,State:1,Class:16

12 mths DPS 6.1.0.0 Console Error When Clicking Users on Web App 5.1.1.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

Adding the service account to Account Operators would provide the account with elevated permissions to modify AD users. This is not recommended for a read only LDAP server that is exposed externally. Why would this be recommended when the application should only be reading LDAP anyway? Can you explain how the application requires write access and what it is doing with this level of access?

12 mths Domain Authentication Not Working in DPS 6.1.0.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

Upgraded to DPS 6.1.0.0 and can't authenticate through web client. Receive the error below through admin email.

Unfortunately, I have been awaiting upon these authentication issues to be resolved since DPS 6 was initially released, to roll out this tool to our entire company. Auth was really slow (90sec) in the previous build, now can't auth at all. Worked great in DPS 5.x.

What's going on here?

The following error was received by at 12/17/2018 11:51:52 AM
Error:
NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Devolutions.Server.Managers.AuthenticationProvider.ProcessDomainUserInfo(String userName, String password, LoginContext membershipLoginData) at Devolutions.Server.Managers.AuthenticationProvider.DoValidateUserAgainstDomain(LoginContext loginData, UserEntity userEntity, String password) at Devolutions.Server.Managers.AuthenticationProvider.DoValidateUser(LoginContext loginData, String username, String password, UserData userData) at Devolutions.Server.Managers.AuthenticationProvider.DoValidateUser(LoginContext loginData, String username, String password) at Devolutions.Server.Managers.AuthenticationProvider.AuthenticateUser(LoginContext loginData, String userName, String password) at Devolutions.Server.Managers.AuthenticationProvider.DoValidateUserFull(LoginContext loginData, String userName, String password) at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.V2.BackendApiController.DoLogin(SessionContext context, String userName, String password, ClientApplicationInfo clientApplicationInfo, String twoFactorID, TwoFactorInfo twoFactorInfo, String publicIPAddress, Byte[] sessionKey, String repositoryId, Boolean partialMode, Boolean useWindowsAuthentication, Boolean useAzureADAuthentication, String localMachineName, String localMachineUserName) at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.V2.BackendApiController.Login(LoginData loginData, Boolean partialMode) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext() --- Default
Source:
Devolutions.Server.Common

12 mths Domain Authentication Not Working in DPS 6.1.0.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

Can we get an ETA on when the next release will be available?

12 mths Windows Authentication feature not working with DPS 6.0/RDM 14
gkirkman
gkirkman

So... no response?

13 mths Slow Web Client Login in 6.0.2.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

+1 +1 on this issue, disabled the service in the mean time. Version 6.0.2.0

Version 6 seems to be a real problem child. Seems like a lot of bugs that break common functionality. QA?!?!

I really want this to work, as I have been waiting for the IE11 display issue bug to be fixed in 6. Come on guys, businesses rely on this tool.

2 yrs DevolutionsSchedulerService high CPU
gkirkman
gkirkman

Devolutions Password Server - Slow Web Client Login in 6.0.1.0
Login takes 90 seconds or more, since upgrading to version 6.0.1.0. Verison 6.0.2.0 did not resolve the issue. Using Domain Authentication. Works fine on 5.1.1.0

2 yrs Slow Web Client Login in 6.0.2.0
gkirkman
gkirkman

Any updates on a fix?

2 yrs O365 Web Login Page Loop
gkirkman
gkirkman

DPS Diagnostic report sent to support. Not seeing any errors in the logs.

gkirkman
gkirkman

Same issue using DPS 6.0.2.0. Very buggy!

2 yrs Log off using Remote Desktop API not working after update to 14.0.3
gkirkman
gkirkman

I have an production app that I update to version 6.0.2.0 and it seems to have more bugs than ever. Where can I download the previous version 5.1.4.0 (July 23rd 2018)?

When I check the Previous Versions page, the last version shown is really old, version 4.7.0.0

https://server.devolutions.net/home/previousversions

2 yrs Where to download previous VERSION 5.1.4.0 (July 23rd 2018)?
gkirkman
gkirkman

We have configured our Azure AD registered app according to KB. However, when we try to use the Office 365 Log In button on the Web portal, we get redirected back to the login page. This appears to happen in both Internet Explorer and Edge. However, Chrome seems to pass the credentials directly, like SSO.

What are we doing wrong or is this a bug?

VERSION 6.0.2.0

gkirkman
gkirkman

Having the same issue. No users can log into the Web Portal, it's as if the login button doesn't work. I would like to downgrade the one vault that I applied 6.0.1.0 to. The others are on 5.1.1.0 and work without issue. DPSC is also on 6.0.1.0.

Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.TryGoOfflineException: Incorrect syntax near '0'.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerConnectionDataSource.ExecuteScalar[T](String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseSecuritySubDataSource.IsLoginEmailAlreadyInUsed(String userId, String loginEmail)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerSecuritySubDataSource.c420570cc362838b38ecc18ba825950e5(UserEntity cf98b881282579a38f0d3820b4755fa4a, Boolean cd589fb599494638c495afc5cf9b2449e, String ceb81d1ee93f91e0bc57f34876c263863, SaveUserInfoAdvancedCustomData ca846991ced5070300e1c8ec384f436f9, Guid[] cf090f8a8f0907c3009c224a9172cab64)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerSecuritySubDataSource.SaveUser(UserEntity user, Boolean editMode, String password, SaveUserInfoCustomData saveUserInfoCustomData, Guid[] userGroupInfos, SaveUserElement saveElement)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RDMSLocalManager.SaveUser(UserEntity user, Boolean editMode, String password, SaveUserInfoCustomData customData, Guid[] userGroupInfos, SaveUserElement saveElement)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.c80728f29a853e47cabf46d35e59d5589(UserEntity cc2ca667102e049892761c49c11ddef2b)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmSecurityManagement.cf0be461f582644c6a77267b76e77fdaf(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.EnhancedToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2 yrs Unable to add a user - Unable to Connect to your Data Source
gkirkman
gkirkman

Good morning Erica, we are having the same issue. Can you please provide the solution, so that we can implement to resolve?

3 yrs Problem accessing "Connections" at website