Forum

Posts by martin06 (martin06)

martin06
martin06

Hi James,
just to let you know: The issue is fixed with this article
https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/374763-application-custom-mouse-cause-cursor-lag-just-in-autocad-windows/
Regards,
Martin

8 mths Mouse flickering in RDP Embedded Mode
martin06
martin06

Hi James,
thank you for your effort but i think it's no RDM issue because the flickering appears only for some users (including myself) when they are working via vpn to our new ts. If you're in our HQ the flickering is gone. We now need to look deeper in the Citrix ICA/Netsclaer Performance to analyse it
Thank you vey much!
Regards, Martin

martin06
martin06

Hey James. Thank you for you reply. My Company does not allow us to install RDCMan on the TS atm because of a change freeze.
But in the meantime i've tested some more things and i have to correct myself: The flickering appears on embedded sessions to Servers below 2016. A embedded session to another 2016 is working smooth.
And another strange thing: The flickering appears with embedded SSH Sessions too! Thats very strange
You mentioned ActiveX. Is there something missing in the ICA Settings? Because (like i wrote at the top) we connect via rdp to the 2016 TS (temporary), there is no flickering. Maybe something has to be enabled via citrix?

martin06
martin06

Hey Team,
we are using the latest RDM 14.1.3.0 on a 2012R2 Terminal-Server with a SQL Database, everything is working fine.
Now my company is moving forward to 2016 Terminal-Servers and we got a Server to test our Applications. We installed the same RDM Version on it, same Database, all good.
Now if we connect to another Server (any version) via RDP in embedded Mode the mouse starts flickering while moving it. If the same window is undocked everything is smooth. Putting it back to embedded > flickering starts again.
Using FreeRDP stops the flickering but we'd like to keep the default rdp Protocol.
We tried some DPI or Compatibility Options, 32bit, 64bit with no luck.
Any Ideas?
Thanks! Martin
EDIT: Seems to be related to the Citrix ICA Protocol. We connect to the 2016 TS via ICA then the mouse is flickering. Connecting via RDP to the 2016 TS - everything is smooth...

9 mths Mouse flickering in RDP Embedded Mode
martin06
martin06

Hi Samuel,

first, i really really appreciate your work for getting in touch with such a special request!
Sadly it just collaps to the top folders but the focus on the last connection stays.
It seems that when filtering to a connection, the focus stays on it and clearing the filter doesn't focus on the last selected connection/folder.
I think i have to get used to the "clear filter on open connection" because that works like it should be (in my opinion) but i have to filter every connection.
I've made another video to show all 3 behaviors.

Regards,
Martin

2 yrs Clearing the filter
martin06
martin06

Hi Samuel,

i did, but then it collaps to the top folders and i have to open my favorite folders again

Regards,
Martin

martin06
martin06

Hi Samuel,
attached you'll find the Screenshots of my settings. And i've made two videos, one with 13.5.4.0 and 13.5.6.0.
As you can see, 13.5.4.0 gets back to the start view of the tree when i clear the filter but let the folder be expanded when i "X" it.
With 13.5.6.0 the folders stay expanded in both ways - but in my opinion the right behaviour should be like 13.5.4.0 clearing it.
Do you see what i mean?
Regards,
Martin

martin06
martin06

Hi Samuel,
i've downloaded the latest Version 13.5.6.0 where "Fixed filter collapse behaving different when clearing and when emptying the filter" should be fixed but it isn't upset The behaviour is the same.
Shall i make another video?

Thank you!
Regards,
Martin

martin06
martin06

Hey Support,
i'm using 13.5.4.0 with many subfolders for each customer and i'd like them to be collapsed.
If i search for one or more connections and clear it afterwards with the x, the filter stays focused on the last searched connection.
If i clear the text, the focus is like before. To show you what i mean i've made a smal video.

Is it possible to make the x act like removing the text?

Thank you
Regards,
Martin

martin06
martin06

Hi David,
ok i see, thank you. I can well imagine that it will be difficult but please not only because of me that lot of effort.
In the meantime i've made it with AutoHotkey and a related script.

^F10::
mousegetpos, x,y
mousemove, 835, 5, 0
mouseclick, left, 835, 40, 1, 0
mousemove, %x%, %y%
return

If Strg+F10 is pressed, the mouse will move to the pinned Tobar bar, reveal it, click on the minimize button und get back to the x,y position

Pretty dirty but it works wink

3 yrs Keyboard Shortcuts for Current Work Area
martin06
martin06

Yes, RDP is opened and the "current work area" is set for this connection so the session takes the full screen with no borders.
I'd like to have shortcuts for those buttons (attachment)

I've set the keyboard shortcuts under the "local resources" tab to "on the local computer" so the keystrokes are not forwarded to the rdp session. So i asume the keystores set from RDM should work, shouldn't they?

I hope you understand what i mean wink

Regards

martin06
martin06

Hi Team,
i use the "current work area" view pretty much and i love it.
It would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts to execute minimize/close/switchmonitor etc because i'm hiding the TopBar.
Possible?
Thanks, Martin

martin06
martin06

Hi Team,
i've recently upgraded RDM from v12 to v13 (which is great). I have discovered changes to the user interface.

1. The Minimize/Maximize/Close Buttons are grey and not white. It seems that RDM is "running in the background" even if its in the foreground
2. There is a blank connection with no tab (maybe this is related to the frist point?)
3. The coloumn header has not the same width anymore. It seems that there is another column "hidden" and i can't adjust it. I hope you unterstand what i mean.

Those are no big deals but i'd like to know why and if i can make it look like v12 again wink

Regards, Martin

3 yrs RDM 12>13 UI Changes
martin06
martin06

Hey!
I use the contextmenu of a session/folder/tab very often f.e. to execute a macro/script which is one of the last items and some items i dont use.
It would be nice to select/deselect items or even to drag the items because macros/scripts should be the first one for me.
I've photoshoped what i mean.
Possible?
Regards, Martin

3 yrs Edit Context Menu
martin06
martin06

Hi Guys,
Thanks! Excellent support as always.
Regards, Martin

3 yrs Unable to execute the application
martin06
martin06

Hey Jeff,
i'm on the latest 12.6.4.0 running in 32bit on a 64bit 2012R2 Datacenter RemoteDesktopServer
The Datasource is a Access Database stored on a networkdrive
Regards,
Martin

martin06
martin06

It happend right now and i can reproduce it:
- Start of RDM
- Executing a local PowerShell Script to a Session - everything is working fine (multiple times)
- Editing any Session or duplicate one
- Executing a local PowerShell Script to a Session - not working, "Unable to execute the application!:"
- Restart of RDM, everything is working fine again

martin06
martin06

Seems to be. I will try to look at it when the error appears again and reproduce

martin06
martin06

Hi David,

Thats all...

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedCmd.StartProcess(EmbededConnectionResult embededConnectionResult)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedCmd.ProcessVisibleChanged()

martin06
martin06

Hey!
I don't know since when this error appeared but after some time RDM is runnning and i like to run a Macro/Script/Tool (a local powershell f.e.) the following error occures:
"Unable to execute the application!:"
If i restart RDM everything is working fine again until the error occures again...
Any idea?
Thanks!

martin06
martin06

Hey!
i like the new release but since 12.6.0.0 the "Quick Connect" Text in the menubar is visible by default. Any way to disable it?
Thanks, Martin

3 yrs Hide "Quick Connect" since 12.6.0.0
martin06
martin06

Hi Dave,
did you found another solution? Just to be curious wink
Regards, Martin

3 yrs Hiding Work Area Screen Top Bar
martin06
martin06

Hi David,
good idea! Making it transparent would be a proper solution and we have the option to use the expanded toolbar also.
Regards, Martin

martin06
martin06

Sorry Jeff, i've should have done that in the first place.
Screenshot1 is expanded
Screenshot2 is collapsed - This is what i like to hide

martin06
martin06

Hi Team,
would it be possible to hide the Work Area Screen Top Bar completely?
I know it can be minimized but it would be nice if the small bar could be removed also smile
I'm aware that the only way to close the session is with a right-click on taskbar or closing the tab in RDM

martin06
martin06

Hi David,
thank you, 12.4.2.0 fixed it!
Regards,
Martin

3 yrs Tool Availabilty not hiding
martin06
martin06

Wow, that was quick and a great support as always! Thank you

3 yrs Change Blue Color of Root Folders
martin06
martin06

Hi Jeff,
you're right, it does! Thank you!
Regards,
Martin

3 yrs Keyboard Shortcut to focus on filter in nav pane
martin06
martin06

Hi Team,
is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut to focus on the filter entry in navigation pane?
I know there's a shortcut to open the Filter Dialog but it would be nice to have it in nav pane wink

Best Regards,
Martin

3 yrs Keyboard Shortcut to focus on filter in nav pane
martin06
martin06

Checking Ping and Continuous Ping is working fine
Thanks for investigating with the engineers!

3 yrs Tool Availabilty not hiding