Forum

Posts by mlim (mlim)

mlim
mlim

I've tried the latest RDM release 4.5.1.0 for Mac, the DEL/BKSP key issues in SQL*Plus are now resolved.

However, the "keep alive" feature doesn't work again. It was working previously in RDM 4.5.0.0, but it shows a bunch of repetitive prompts on screen (see below). I wish you guys can find a way to suppress it.

user@testserver1$
user@testserver1$
user@testserver1$
<... endless repeat>

Thanks.

2 yrs RDM for Mac 4.4.2.0 seems to mess up ESC, DEL, Backspace keys in vi, SQL*Plus
mlim
mlim

When I type Ctrl-H, it behaves like pressing the DEL key on my Mac.

SQL> select neam^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H

2 yrs RDM for Mac 4.4.2.0 seems to mess up ESC, DEL, Backspace keys in vi, SQL*Plus
mlim
mlim

Another good news : the keep alive in RDM 4.5.0.0 for Mac is working well ! Hurray ! Thank you so much !

Hope you guys can fix the Oracle SQL*Plus DEL/BKSP keys soon.

mlim
mlim

Thanks, Xavier. I've downloaded RDM 4.5.0.0 for Mac.

I have good news & bad news.

Good news is ESC, DEL/BKSP keys are working fine now in vi editor.

Bad news is DEL/BKSP still doesn't work in Oracle SQL*Plus. If I typed a mistake, DEL/BKSP key will display ^H.

SQL> select naem ^H^H^H^H^H^H^C
SQL> exit

The temporary solution is to set stty before logging into SQL*Plus.

$ stty erase ^H
$ sqlplus / as sysdba
SQL> select name from v$database;

Is there a way to make auto-copy works when highlighting a text (so there is no need to press right-mouse button to choose Copy)? Also in PuTTY, when I pressed right-mouse button, it will do a Paste, is that keystroke behaviour possible in RDM?

Any news on keep alive? Is it fixed in 4.5.0.0?

mlim
mlim

RDM 4.4.1.0 and 4.4.2.0 have issues with ESC, DEL/BKSP keys in vi (Linux), SQL*Plus.

RDM 4.4.0.0 does not have issues with the above keys.

Please let me know once latest version is released so I can test the keys and keep alive. Thanks.

mlim
mlim

Thanks, I will try those versions and provide an update.

By the way, the keep alive in Mac doesn't work. I'll open a separate thread on that later.

mlim
mlim

So far, I have no issues with ESC, DEL/Bksp on older RDM 4.3.0.0.

I would like to try RDM 4.4.1.0 or 4.4.0.0 to see if there are any issues. Anyone knows where I can download them? Thanks.

mlim
mlim

I found an older version of RDM 4.3.0.0 on my laptop and will try that.

mlim
mlim

After installing the latest Remote Desktop Manager for Mac (Free Edition), I am having troubles with my ESC, DEL/Backspace keys when using SQL*Plus and vi editor from a Linux server connected via SSH. Prior to the updates, I do not have such issues. I have to type "stay erase ^H" before logging into SQL*Plus so that DEL/Backspace key can work properly. For vi, since ESC does not work, I have to press CTRL-C to switch out of editing mode.

Anyone having the same issue? Mac OS is 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and Renote Desktop Manager for Mac (Free Edition) is 4.4.2.0.

How/Where can I download an older RDM version?

Thanks.

mlim
mlim

Hi Xavier, any update on the TCP keepalives feature for Mac? Thanks.

3 yrs [SOLVED] SSH Shell: do not disconnect while idle
mlim
mlim

Hi Jeff, any update from your Engineering department? I would like to know if they plan to include the keepalive option in future release for Mac, if yes, how soon. Thanks.

mlim
mlim

Thanks, Jeff. I hope they will add the "keepalive" option for Mac soon.

mlim
mlim

Hi Jeff, I just need the "keepalive" option for my SSH sessions so my connections can stay active. Do you know if RDM (Mac) Enterprise edition has it? Thanks.

mlim
mlim

How come the Advanced tab on my SSH Shell doesn't have the "Enable TCP keepalives"? Please see attached screenshot. Thanks.