Forum

Posts by fdubois (fdubois)

fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about the connection issue. We will help you with that. First, I would need information on your setup :

1 - Could you tell me on which platform are you working on ? If it is Windows, did you install it with the msi or did you use the exec file ?
2 - Could you enable the logs on both machines, try a connection and send log files to us ? It would help us to investigate the issue.

To enable the log, you can open the options window and set the log to "Debug" level. You will have to restart the wayknow application. Then the log will be available in %appdata%\Wayk\Logs

If you are on Windows and you have installed Wayk Now with the msi file, you have to enable log on the service as well. From an elevated command prompt, run those commands :
> net stop wayknowservice
> wayk-now config --global LoggingLevel 1
> net start wayknowservice

The log will be available in %programdata%\Wayk\Logs. The filename will be NowService.exe

So if you could enable logs, try a connection and send us the logs and what you see. It would be very helpful for us.

Thank you
Regards,

François Dubois

signaturesignature

3 mths Connection issues
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi,

I'm looking your issue, I will give you feedback as soon as possible.

Thank you

François Dubois

signaturesignature

3 mths I cannot connect to my remote machine
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi Erick,

I'm looking the issue right now. There is two things :

1 - Your Source ID changed because your service is probably down. Could you confirm if your service (Wayk Now Unattended) is up or down ? Because the service has a Source ID, but if it doesn't run, the wayk now application itself will have another Source ID.

2 - The process NowSession seems to be crashed. Could you validate if you have a process NowSession.exe running ? Here are a few steps that you could do :

1 - Close the application WaykNow. No process WaykNow.exe should be running.
2 - Stop the service. No process NowService.exe should be running.
3 - Look if you have a process NowSession.exe running. If it is the case, kill it.
4 - Look if you have a process WaykHost.exe running, and kill it if it is running.
5 - Start the service

After those steps, you should be back on track. If it is not the case, please send me all logs again, it would mean that one process always crash for an unknown reason.

Thanks

François Dubois

signaturesignature

fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi Erick,

What you sent me seems to be logs from the application and not the service. Service logs are located here : %PROGRAMDATA%\Wayk\logs. The file is named NowService.log.

If you could send me that file, I would appreciate. Let me know if you have difficulties to find that file. It should be there if you ran the steps in my previous message.

Thank you in advance
Best regards

François Dubois

signaturesignature

fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi Erick,

The service could be unresponsive if it crashes for some reasons. To help us investigate the issue, you could activate the logs on the service. From an elevated command prompt :

> wayk-now config --global logginglevel 1

And then the log file will be available in %PROGRAMDATA%\Wayk\Logs.

Let me know if the service restart fixed your issue. If it fixed, you could activate the log and send us logs if your service become unresponsive again in future. If it didn't fix, send me your service log, I will have a look to be sure that everything is fine with the service.

Thank you in advance
Best regards

François Dubois

signaturesignature

fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi,

What is the OS running on the remote machine ? Is it a windows machine with the wayk now msi installed ?

If the remote machine is a Windows with the msi installed, you can see if the service is running with that command :
>sc query wayknowservice

If it is not running, you can start it:

If it is running, you can try to restart it:

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks and kind regards,

François Dubois

signaturesignature

fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hello,

A new version (3.3.1) is now available on the Google Play Store.

Thank you

François Dubois

signaturesignature

4 mths Google Play Store
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hello,

A new version should be available by the end of next week.

Thank you

François Dubois

signaturesignature

4 mths Google Play Store
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hello,

If you have a RDP session opened on the host, it probably explains why you have black/frozen screen. But I would like to confirm with you that you have installed WaykNow with the installer on the host and you have not used the exec file. The logs that you sent me look like logs from WaykNow application and I can see the client connecting to the host. When you install WaykNow with the msi installer, it will launch a service on the host. If you want to activate logs for the service, you have to run this command :

> wayk-now config --global LogingLevel 1

It is important to run that command in an elevated command prompt. Once it is done, you have to restart the wayk now service with those commands (or you can use the service console):

After those steps, the service log file will be located here : %PROGRAMDATA%\Wayk/Logs.

So please, could you confirm me that you have installed WaykNow on the server with the msi file ? If you already have the service running, please enable the log with the commands above and send me the service log file, it will help me a lot.

Thank you in advance for additional information
Best regards

François Dubois

signaturesignature

7 mths Wayk Now is not working from remote sites
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry about the issues you experienced. We have seen a similar issue on our side. The issue appears to be a timeout when client and server try to find a network route. Usually, it should be faster to find a route but for unknown reason, it takes too much time. We are investigating that issue.

Meanwhile, you can force to use our relay. If you go in the Wayk Now options, under Connectivity, you can enable "Prioritize relay servers for peer-to-peer connections". This option will work as long as one of the two sides has the option enabled, and both sides use a recent enough version of Wayk Now (3.1+). With that option checked, you should be able to connect to your servers.

Don't hesitate to post again if you have other issues.

Best regards,

François Dubois

signaturesignature

7 mths Error while tring to connect to remote host
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience.

First, for cases where there is no connection/response at all, it would be useful if you could send us the log file from the client, but also from the server. We will check log and see what could be the issue.

For cases where you got a black/frozen screen, you said that unattended is not installed, so you used the exec file. It could be the problem. With the exec file, we support only the default desktop and not the winlogon, screen saver, ... So if you open a session on a server showing the winlogon, you will not be able to log in. You will have the feeling that the screen is frozen. The exec file should be used for case where there is a user on client side but also on the server side. Could you tell me if you were in that situation ? If it is the case, you should install wayk with the msi file and try again.

Best regards

François Dubois

signaturesignature

7 mths Wayk Now is not working from remote sites
fdubois
fduboisDevolutions staff

Hello John,

Is it a first installation or it is an update from a previous version ? If you had wayk installed, what was the version ? Also, could you validate that you have a file "WaykHost.exe" in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Devolutions\Wayk Now) ? If the file is there, the second thing to validate is the processes running. Please validate that you don't have a process WaykHost.exe or NowSession.exe running. If you have one, please kill them, restart the service Wayk Now Unattended and try again. Please let us know if it works or not after that.

Best regards

François Dubois

signaturesignature

12 mths Since Installing Wayk Now 3.0.3 rdp stopped working but using the ip in Wayk Now gives error??