Forum

Posts by patrickthegray (patrickthegray)

I've never worked at a company where I could take VM's and update the OS on a whim smile

However, it is happening here on Windows server 16 for sure. Haven't looked much at 10.

2 yrs RDM steals focus when reconnecting

The stealing focus? Yes.

A range of Windows
Windows 7, 8, 10, and Server 2012 / 2016.

That didn't work for me. It also doesn't even allow me to connect with most of our VMs (the method is not compatible with all versions).

I understand this isn't a major issue for most sites with stable connections, but anyone working with ships or other intermittent connections will feel this. It's very disruptive when trying to work on multiple sites.

I went to check on our database connection, and we already use mixed, but still face the error.

2 yrs iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

Hi Hubert, do you have any new info for us?

Also having this error, following along so that I can be notified when it's resolved.

2 yrs iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

OK I understand. Is there maybe an enhancement request number or something we can refer to if we want to keep up with this issue?

4 yrs RDM steals focus when reconnecting

Hi Hubert, I really only use RDP sessions.

Ok, thank you.

No, there is no pop up. Whenever the vm changes connection status it forces that tab in your face. I used this software at my last job and it drove us nuts. I still recommended to use it here because otherwise it's a great application.

Can this be an enhancement request? It is really disruptive to work flow when you work with semi-stable connections. I see at least several other posts condemning the auto-focus like this.

It also occurs when working in another application. Imagine typing an email in outlook, focused and typing quickly, and suddenly you're in a different window, where RDM just wants to tell you it disconnected or reconnected. Frustrating.

There seems to be a long standing issue with Remote Desktop Manager. judging from the forum posts which are unresolved (unless I missed one with an answer?) When working in one tab on a vm (let's say VM1), if another tab (VM2) loses connection temporarily and starts trying to reconnect, it jumps focus to that tab. So then you click back to VM1 which you are trying to work in.. then the other tab VM2 does reconnect and so the focus jumps back to that one.
None of the settings I have found address this issue. For example there are 3 settings suggested here https://forum.devolutions.net/topic24258-rdm-steals-focus.aspx which none of work.
I imagine normally users don’t have this issue to often with connections being relatively stable. When working with ships or remote areas, however, reconnecting is a constant. It’s really frustrating when you need to have multiple connections open but you repeatedly get interrupted in what you are typing due to shifting focus. We are really hoping you can help.