Forum

Posts by sergeymetallic (sergeymetallic)

Thanks a lot!

2 yrs Iterm session closes on reconnect

Broadcasting works just fine! Thanks. Another issue that took me a bit to find a reason smile If you put extra space in the host name in the connection app says "error -15 Host not found" Could you please add trimming extra spaces. Thanks

It's awesome, thanks! Started using it and the only issue I found was mentioned by you before.

2 yrs Workspaces

Thanks! Will be waiting!

2 yrs Workspaces

Hi Xavier,

DO i need enterprise version to see this feature? I am using free one and cannot see workspaces.

2 yrs Workspaces

Thanks a lot!

Hi Xavier,

thanks

internal "ssh shell" session looks promising, the only thing i miss there is "Broadcast input", it just does not work for this type.

Should I post a new thread for that? Or we'll keep it here?

Steps to reproduce:

1) Open ITerm session
2) Choose "Reconnect" in context menu

Result - session is renewed but window is closed almost right away.

Also when I open Iterm session (stored one), close it right away and open again - the same result.

Please let me know if I can provide you more details

Nice, thanks

2 yrs Workspaces

BTW, I can participate in any beta testing if there is any?

2 yrs Workspaces

Cool, makes sense. Thanks!

2 yrs Workspaces

Hi Xavier,

Sorry for the late response,

What if we do not remember current state and have a wizard for a new "workspace"

maybe it is too much to ask, but that's how I see it:

- Each "workspace" is a separate window.
- In workspace settings there are sessions and a checkbox if this session participates in broadcasting
- Positioning should be simple - either every session is a separate tab, or all the sessions on the same screen. In this case application arranges windows automatically, just make tiles that fit into the window

What is gives us: all workspaces are independent and isolated. Also they could be run simultaneously, so multiple workspaces support.

Does it make sense? Let me know if you need more info on that. Thanks

2 yrs Workspaces

Cool, thanks!

2 yrs Workspaces

Hi Xavier,

yes, application remembers the state and recreates using some kind of profile or workspace item.

Things to remember - open sessions, position of these sessions(split screen, new tab, etc) and broadcast input toggles

Thanks!

2 yrs Workspaces

Maybe this is not a new feature and I missed something: All the time I start Remote Desktop Manager I do the same thing-
1) Open my SSH sessions
2) Do split screen
3) Broadcast input

Is there any way to automate this? I mean - either to have ability to save the state or to have the script that automates that?

2 yrs Workspaces

Just random thoughts - When I have one session and I resize the window - session resizes accordingly, maybe with split screen there should be something similar(resize event)?

2 yrs ITerm session is unusable in "split screen" mode when split horizontally

Cool, I like how you support your product! Thumbs Up

Steps to reproduce:
1) open two Iterm sessions
2) Split screen horizontally

Result: all the text goes somewhere to top and not visible anymore. Scrolling to top show input, but after typing disappears again.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Xavier, thanks!

2 yrs Cannot add a host to trusted in and ITerm session

When I connect to the host using ITerm session for the first time it asks:

The authenticity of host 'MYHOST' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:/MYSHA.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Even when I type "yes" then press enter - nothing happens. The solution is - try to connect using usual iterm and connect(it will add it to trusted).

Warning: Permanently added 'MYHOST' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.

My version is 4.5.2.0

2 yrs Cannot add a host to trusted in and ITerm session

That's amazing! Thanks a lot! Your implementation even better than I imagined.

3 yrs Broadcast input to several terminals

Thanks a lot!

Just thoughts:

• broadcast should work only for active windows(if they split, for example)
  • each window should control itself if it wants to participate in broadcast
  • window itself should show that it participates in broadcast(maybe additional text in header, or different colour)

I found menu item when I right clicked(toggle broadcasting input) What is that for?

Good day,

I switched from Iterm2 to Remote desktop manager and use internal Iterm to make ssh connections. The thing I miss here is the input broadcasting (described here http://korishev.com/blog/2014/02/28/iterm2-broadcast-input/ ) Basically if there are several remote servers with the same setup it is useful to execute the same commands on them simultaneously. I would be glad to see this feature in Remote desktop manager

Thanks