Forum

Posts by sjames (sjames)

sjames
sjames

If you set an RDP connection to FALSE for automatic logoff, you can still right click on the open connection tab and select "Logoff" which is great.

However, we want to set TRUE for automatic logoff, but there is no open to manually "disconnect without logoff". This would be a great feature as 95% of the time a user wants to log off, so automatic logoff is great, but there are some times when disconnect is important as something is running on the server.

Please consider.

6 mths Manual disconnect
sjames
sjames

Hi Everyone

We managed to fix this with a remote session.

In DPS / Auth / Domain - the domain must be set to the NETBIOS name of the domain rather than the FQDN (ie. MICROSOFT instead of MICROSOFT.LOCAL)

Hope his helps

2 yrs Windows Authentication feature not working with DPS 6.0/RDM 14
sjames
sjames

Hi Erica,
I confirmed that our IIS authentication settings are correct.

I also tried Marc's suggestion of editing domain details in DPS and saving again but no luck.

We have a remote session for another issue later today - perhaps we can look at this then too.

Stuart

sjames
sjames

Peter Loft wrote:

Just to clarify:

Connecting using:
- Prompt for credentials - works
- Username and password, with or without "Always ask password" option on/off - works
Successfull authentication using "Test connection" button or starting RDM with the above options.

Unsuccessfull authentication using "Test connection" button or starting RDM, as soon as i check the "Use Windows authentication"

This is identical to our testing as well

sjames
sjames

I'm also receiving "Invalid username or password, please verify your credentials" when re-enabling windows authentication after upgrading to 6.0.2

I'll send through dianostics reports.

sjames
sjames

Is the bug in DVLS or is it in RDM?

sjames
sjames

Yes, I sent them to Support two hours ago.

Refer here: http://imgur.com/a/5sNxA

3 yrs Hide host details
sjames
sjames

When clicking on a server, or when connecting to a server, the program displays the host to the end user (ie. IP address and port number).

We find that this is a security risk and would like the option to be able to hide this information from the user.

The program should just say "Connecting to <entry name>". We should also be able to hide the host from the "Overview"

3 yrs Hide host details
sjames
sjames

Thanks Michael, much appreciated.

3 yrs Remove credentials from Devolutions Server
sjames
sjames

Thanks Jean and David

3 yrs Deploying Addons
sjames
sjames

Is there a way we can deploy add-ons to all our users, preferably via DVLS?

3 yrs Deploying Addons
sjames
sjames

Yes Erica, that would be great - thanks

3 yrs DVLS Server not responding
sjames
sjames

Hi David,

The Windows Firewall is disabled on all our corporate computers by default. I've confirmed it is definitely turned off on the computer in question.

There are no errors in the Application Log.

Can we organise a remote session to diagnose?

Thanks

sjames
sjames

It would be great if RDMS could use the credentials of the user logged in to the computer to authenticate against DVLS instead of having to put the username/password in the data source manually

3 yrs RDMS Integration
sjames
sjames

Thanks Erica,

I've gone through and done this and there are no errors on the DVLS side when I try to connect from the machine.

I also checked the application log on RDMS and there is nothing there either.

Are we able to get a remote support session to have a look?

sjames
sjames

Hi David,

We have 50 computers all behind the same firewall, so it's not firewall related.
The login works fine through the webpage
Yes, the credentials work fine from another computer.

The problem is definitely computer related, I just need to know where the logs are to determine exactly what the problem is rather than "Not responding" which doesn't really tell me what the problem is.

I can telnet to the server on Port 443 from the problematic computer, so it has access.

sjames
sjames

The message is "DVLS server not responding"
Yes, I have tried with the IP and same error.

sjames
sjames

Hello again.

I have a single computer saying that the DVLS server is not responding.

I can ping the server, I can telnet to the server on Port 443 and I can browse to it in a web browser. No antivirus is installed.

Is there a log file, or some way to diagnose the steps RDMS is taking and where exactly it is failing?

Thanks

sjames
sjames

Thanks Erica, yes we get our admin from a role. I've ticked simplified security so will see how that goes and let you know.

3 yrs Losing connection list
sjames
sjames

Confirmed.

Maurice was fantastic in quickly resolving our issues via remote access, as he was when we were deciding which product to purchase which was a major reason we ended up going with Devolutions.

Much appreciated.

3 yrs Massive security hole
sjames
sjames

I can't possibly use a macro if doing so allows my users to view confidential security information such as passwords. If Support had identified this as a potential program I never would have used it.

It is a website:

sjames
sjames

When connecting to Citrix sites, Support advised me to send username/password using a macro, so we set up all our customer's using this method.

I just had a staff member that double-clicked on the client in RDMS and then moved the cursor in to Notepad and RDMS ran the macro in Notepad, displaying the username and password to the user, so security is now compromised.

RDMS should only run macro's within the RDMS application - this is a massive problem.

sjames
sjames

I also regularly get this error message from my local machine even though I am an administrator:

I just log in and make the changes from the DVLS server itself instead.

sjames
sjames

Hi Stefane, I've just done this.

sjames
sjames

Any ideas on this?

We have only just purchased DLVS and deployed to 120 end points. This problem is affecting multiple users and my manager is on my back

sjames
sjames

Easily fixed, did a search and replace for &quot; to "

I'll send through the resutls

3 yrs User not showing up from AD
sjames
sjames

Hi Maurice, happy to run the diagnostic's tool. Need to get this sorted out ASAP.

The script throws a stack of errors:

sjames
sjames

I also get this email when he tries to log in, but his password is definitely correct. I have tested by logging in to servers with it.

The following error was received by a user at 17/01/2017 11:23:30 AM
Error:
COMException - The user name or password is incorrect. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoLDAPDirectoryInitNoContainer() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoDomainInit() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.Initialize() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.get_ConnectedServer() at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.DirectoryServicesManager.FindByIdentity(DirectoryServicesQueryParameter parameters) in c:\Dev\devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\Business\Managers\DirectoryServicesManager.cs:line 47 at Devolutions.Server.UserManager.FindUserInDomainWithNetBios(String userName, String password) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\Server\Common\Managers\UserManager.cs:line 508 at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.v2.BackendApiController.DoLogin(HttpRequestMessage request, String userName, String password, ClientApplicationInfo clientApplicationInfo, String twoFactorID, TwoFactorInfo twoFactorInfo, String publicIPAddress, Byte[] sessionKey, String repositoryId, Boolean partialMode) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\Server\Website\Controllers\APIControllers\BackendApiController.Login.cs:line 876 at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.v2.BackendApiController.Login2(HttpRequestMessage request, JObject requestData, Boolean partialMode) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\Server\Website\Controllers\APIControllers\BackendApiController.Login.cs:line 313 at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext() --- Default
Source:
System.DirectoryServices

sjames
sjames

No. The SQL database has always been in the same location since installation.

sjames
sjames

No, the account is not disabled, but it's worth noting that other disabled accounts ARE showing up anyway.

Yes, I've setup a domain account with full read permission. Every other user is there (120 odd) except this single user.