Forum

Posts by aammir (aammir)

aammir
aammir

Hello Team,

I am premium customer for DVLS, I have upgraded my license from "Enterprise" to "Premium" just to avail the multi-domain feature. I have trie adding few users from inherited domain. When trying to login to the Data source with that user credentials I am unable to access the DVLS.

I need help getting users authenticated.
Need information (logs, events) that details about the attempt made to get authenticated and getting failed.

3 yrs Add users from trusted domain
aammir
aammir

Hello Maurice,

I have a enterprise license available.
Please suggest how to get upgraded to "Premium Edition"
Let me know if you need any logs or license info.

Thanks,
Aammir

4 yrs Windows Active Directory Integration
aammir
aammir

Hello Maurice,

I want to grant access to users from other domain (out of DVLS Server domain) to access the datasource (RDM Client). Both the domains are connected with trust relationship. Please advice how I can setup.
Please let me know If I can share the session with you

Thanks in advance,
Aammir

aammir
aammir

Hello Team,

How can grant access to users using RDM on Datasorce from other domain (xyz.com) trusted to Devolutions Server domain (abc.com).
I want all users from xyz.com domain accessing datasource (Devolutions server) installed on abc.com domain.

Note: xyz.com--TRUST RELATIONSHIP--abc.com

4 yrs Limit Login Access to AD User Groups
aammir
aammir

Thanks a lot Erica.
I am creating the knowledge base out of our blog conversations and it is really of great help for reference.

Appreciated your quick response.

4 yrs Devolutions instance accessibility issues - Remotely
aammir
aammir

Thanks a lot for response Erica.
What if I have 2200 Users, dose that option create 2200 users in DB(SQL Server), or you are referring to some other database (Devolutions DB)

aammir
aammir

Not able to access Devolutions Server instance remotely (from non-RDM/DVLS server) using RDM Client. First when I tried I was getting "IIS 7 error" after fixing the issue, I am not able to access DVLS Instance. Whereas when I login on the server(RDM/DVLS Sserver) I can access it easily.

I tried with Administrators/RDM Admin credentials. Same credentials works fine when connected locally to the RDM/DVLS Server. But having issues accessing them Remotely - Using RDM.

I am planning to manage the server remotely without connecting to the RDM/DVLS Server.

4 yrs Devolutions instance accessibility issues - Remotely
aammir
aammir

Ho to use "Trusted Domain", I want to add other domains so that the users from that domain can access the datasource.

4 yrs Active Directory Integration by AD-Groups is not recognized
aammir
aammir

How can I allow users from AD Security group to access Devolutions server thru RDM Client (without adding users manually). Like instead of adding users manually (one-by-one) how can I grant access to Datasource using AD Security group.

For now I a am able to grant access to individual AD users to the datasource.

aammir
aammir

Question here is how I can add AD Security group to grant access to Datasource , instead of adding single user ?

aammir
aammir

No I am using DVLS v3.2.2.0 version. I am planning to upgrade.
RDM Client version 11.7.6.

When I Add user under "Users" from AD, It allows the user to connect. Whereas when I try to access with the user part of AD Security group added as a ROLE in DVLS it gives error.

Do I need to add those users(Members of AD Security group) to users in DVLS.

aammir
aammir

Sure Maurice,
I drafting the mail to the Support Team.

By the time we get connected, Can you quickly details me about linking the AD Security Group to the DVLS Roles. I mean when I link Security group from AD in DVLS. Dose those users (member's of security group) can access Datasource (Registered datasource on devolution server) with there Domain credentials ?
If Yes I am getting error "Credentials are correct but you don't have access to datasource" can you please provide the solution for the same.

aammir
aammir

I am also facing this issue with AD Integrated domain users to connect to the data source. I have opted for Ent license for the server. I am getting the same error while trying Web based / Client based login

4 yrs Invalid user name or password
aammir
aammir

Hello Jean,
I am using Enterprise licensed for RDM/Devolutions Server. I have set AD Authentications for the users to connect to the datasource. I have created "Custom Installation package from the DATASOURCE and used %Domainuser%\%username% variable for credentials.

When ever users try to connect to the data source they are getting kicked-out with attached screen shot.
I was able to login with my domain credentials but I am also getting the same issue suddenly.

Can you suggest where I have to check for the errors ?
How can I add users from AD Security group to grant them access to Datasource ?