Forum

Posts by David Grandolfo (David Grandolfo)

David Grandolfo
David GrandolfoDevolutions staff

Hello,

In the next version of RDM Beta 2019.2.9.0 a fixe will be present for this issue.

When it will be release you can download it from https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

3 days Problem with paste text on ssh session
David Grandolfo

Hello,

We will investigate and try to reproduce the issue. I open a ticket with the engineering department to look at this issue.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

5 days SSH agent forwarding only seems to work when "Use SSH authentication agent" is also enabled
David Grandolfo

Could you test our latest beta version 2019.2.8.0 as a portable installation (help topic) with an SQLite database? I think the issue is not what we fixe but something in the database.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

5 days Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
David Grandolfo

Hi,

No problem, at least it works now wink

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

5 days RD Gateway Server Credentials
David Grandolfo

Thank you for your feedback!

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

6 days Installed Visual Studio 2019 and now RDM won't connect to Azure SQL data source
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Could you click on the Credentials box under Connection and confirm that your credentials are entered. Or that the option Use credential repository is selected.

RD+Gateway+Creds

That said, the login pop-up you sent us seems to be a Hello Windows authentication. Is the RD Gateway or the target machine required a Hello authentication?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

6 days RD Gateway Server Credentials
David Grandolfo

Hello,

The engineering department is currently investigating the issue and it seems that our OpenSSH integration doesn't manage the nux change password the same as an HP-UX server.

That said, could you test to enable the Interactive authentication in terminal to see if this option could solve the issue? You can find the option under the Advanced tab of the SSH Shell entry.

ssh+interactive+32048

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

9 days HP-UX servers
David Grandolfo

The beta version (2019.2.x) is compatible with 2019.1.41.0. However, we always recommend doing a backup before upgrading a database.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

9 days Installed Visual Studio 2019 and now RDM won't connect to Azure SQL data source
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Is the issue a new issue after a RDM update? or any Windows update?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

9 days Crash Loading Google Drive Data Source
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Which version of RDM free are you trying with?
Also is the RD Gateway is configured in the RDP session or two entries are used (one RDP and one RD Gateway)?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

10 days Connecting via RD Gateway - Works using External, but fails with Embedded
David Grandolfo

Which version your colleague is currently using? Also, what is the data source (SQL, SQL Azure, DPS,...)?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

12 days Installed Visual Studio 2019 and now RDM won't connect to Azure SQL data source
David Grandolfo

Hello Martin,

Another customer I had a discussion is using a script instead of installing the MSI directly with SCCM.

I don't have a script for the new WaykNow-PS feature, but I have one with the Wayk Now Config command as explained here.

Here is my script, please adjust the command in WaykConfig line 8 and the network path for Wayk Now wkpath in line 19:

if (!(New-Object Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal([Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent())).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]::Administrator))
{
Write-Verbose "Powershell is not running with elevated privileges"
exit
}

# Wayk Now Configuration, full list available at https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/kb_configcommandline.htm
$WaykConfig = @(
"ControlMode 1", #0: All remote control modes, 1: Take remote control (client only) or 2: Allow remote control (server only)
"AutoLaunchOnUserLogon true",
"ShowMainWindowOnLaunch false",
"Language en",
"PersonalPasswordType 1", #0: Generated or 1: Custom
"PersonalPassword Strong_Password",
"RegistrationSerial XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"
)

# Un-comment for installation from UNC Patch, MSI command line options available at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/msi/command-line-options
$wkpath = "\\Your_Network_Path\WaykNow-x64-3.X.X.0.msi"

Start-Process -FilePath "msiexec.exe" -ArgumentList "/I $wkpath /quiet /norestart" -Wait
Remove-Item $wkpath -Recurse

if(Test-Path -path "$Env:Programfiles\Devolutions\Wayk Now\WaykNow.exe"wink {
Stop-Process -Name "WaykNow" -Force
foreach ($config in $WaykConfig){
Start-Process -FilePath "$Env:Programfiles\Devolutions\Wayk Now\WaykNow.exe" -ArgumentList "config $config" | Start-Sleep 0.5
}
}
else {
Write-Verbose "Wayk Now is not installed"
}

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

13 days Deploying Wayk Now with command-line options
David Grandolfo

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the follow-up, it's always a pleasure to get feedback.

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

16 days Prompted for credentials when using Remote Desktop Gateway
David Grandolfo

Hello,

This is more a feature request than an issue. I move the thread to the feature request section.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

16 days add noconsentprompt when shadowing from a "Microsoft RDS Dashboard (Terminal Server)" session
David Grandolfo

Hello Martin,

Could you detail what you are looking to perform, which configuration are you expecting in the installation with SCCM?

We are working on a Wayk Now Powershell which will help to configure the application ( https://github.com/Devolutions/WaykNow-ps )

When I deploy Wayk Now internally, I love using Wayknow Config in my script. Further detail at https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/kb_configcommandline.htm

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

16 days Deploying Wayk Now with command-line options
David Grandolfo

Hello Kenny,

In the RDP session, you can start it in Undocked mode instead of using the embedded mode. Then under the Display tab have you tried to change the Screen Sizing mode (test Smart reconnect) and the Remote desktop size (try Full Screen).

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

17 days Screen resizing problem
David Grandolfo

Do you get any error in the verbose when trying to create the folder?

If nothing is log in RDM could you look on server-side if you have any logs?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

19 days Don´t create folder over sftp in RDM
David Grandolfo

This forum will continue on the thread https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=32542&MessageID=132864#post132864 , a feature request has been open.

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

20 days How do I send a Break using SSH ?
David Grandolfo

First @rolflobker I apologize for the non-follow-up on your previous forum.

Thanks for the clarification both of you bring to this thread. I opened a ticket with the engineering department to add this feature request on RDM with the new SSH Engine.

As soon as I have further information I inform you.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

20 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Are you able to create entries? Is the issue only with folders?

Could you try to create a folder in a sub-folder (not at the root level)

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

20 days Don´t create folder over sftp in RDM
David Grandolfo

Hello,

The question might be strange but a break is not only doing a CTRL+C? If not, could you explain in which context the break feature is used?

This will help us understand the use case and I will be able to open a feature request.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

20 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
David Grandolfo

Hello,

In the latest Beta of RDM 2019.2.6 we integrate the NuGet package. If you can test it and tell us if it works well for you, it will be appreciate.

You can download it from https://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#Beta

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

23 days Installed Visual Studio 2019 and now RDM won't connect to Azure SQL data source
David Grandolfo

Thanks for the information, it will be useful to reproduce the issue and to understand what we can do to fix the issue.

I added the information on the ticket.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

24 days SSH Shell session hangs after logout
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we have been able to reproduce your issue and a ticket has been submitted to our engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

25 days Devolutions Web Login extension with Chrome on Ubuntu
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Exporting entries are not yet implemented in Devolutions Password Server. You need to use RDM (connected to DPS) to export the entries.
If you don't have an RDM license to do this, please contact us at ticket@devolutions.net, and we will evaluate the situation with you.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

25 days Unable to export entries
David Grandolfo

Thanks for the logs, I open a ticket with the engineering department to investigate the issue.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

25 days SSH Shell session hangs after logout
David Grandolfo

Hello,

CTRL+D sends a logout command to the server. Could you try by typing logout if the issue also occurs?

If so for the troubleshooting, go in the Properties of your SSH Shell entry under the "Advanced" tab (1) and check the following options:

1. Check "Verbose"
2. Check "Enable Logging"
3. Use the ellipsis to select a path to create your log
4. Make sure that your "Log Mode" is set to "Event"

Once this configuration has been made, reproduce the issue and send us the log which will be created.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

26 days SSH Shell session hangs after logout
David Grandolfo

Hello,

The ticket is still open with the engineering department; I also add the comment/issue to the ticket.

The workaround at the moment is to set the time of the autorefresh longer than usual. More than 2-3 minutes should do the job. Or as you know to disable it wink

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

27 days Credential List empty (Not connected) on first try
David Grandolfo

Thanks for using our products, as a workaround in the meantime we fixe the issue. You can enable the Legacy terminal under File --> Option --> Type --> Terminal.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

30 days Respect PS1 terminal settings
David Grandolfo

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this behavior; I'm not sure if it's a missing configuration or because this feature is not yet implemented in our SSH Engine.

I opened a ticket with the engineering department, and we will do a follow up soon.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

30 days Respect PS1 terminal settings