Forum

Posts by Flinty (Flinty)

Flinty
Flinty

I am creating document links via powershell and cannot figure out how to set the session to external display.

When I change using the properties window of the entry and check the entry history, all I notice is that <OpenEmbedded>true</OpenEmbedded> has been removed.

How do I achieve this in powershell?

3 yrs How to set an entry display to 'External' in powershell
Flinty
Flinty

RDM 13.0.0.0
SQL data source

I set the status of an RDP connection to Locked or expired or any other status.

Another user tries to connect to the session and the connection opens without prompt.

If the user clears their cache after I set the status, the prompt appears.

Have I got a setting wrong for this to work automatically and immediately.

3 yrs RDP connection status set to locked, other users don't appear to check the status before opening
Flinty
Flinty

We use the folder entry set to Site to group connections by location.
We enter the contact information on the Information > Contact tab, eg site address, phone number etc.
When selecting one of these entries, all that is displayed in the Overview tab on the dashboard is
the name
folder type
path of the folder

from the screenshots you can see I have entered a phone number.

If I select a contact entry, all of the information is displayed.

Is there a way to get the same info to display on the site folder entry?

3 yrs Site folder overview shows no information, is there an option to display data in the Information tab
Flinty
Flinty

Location: string field for example Server Room, Front Gate, First Floor

Code: (alphanumerical)

Notes: small memo field to enter info for example:
Press C
Enter code
Turn knob clockwise

3 yrs New type under Information Entry
Flinty
Flinty

Would it be possible to add door entry codes under the Information Entry
The ones we use are either numerical digit or alphanumerical.
Perhaps with a keypad icon or door and keypad.

3 yrs New type under Information Entry
Flinty
Flinty

Thank you

3 yrs Rename custom field 1 navigation pane header and replicate custom field 1 name to all entries
Flinty
Flinty

In our list of entries each client is assigned a company group and anything relating to that company is a sub entry under that group.
We have a lead engineer for each company.
The best way I have found for everyone to easily identify the lead engineer for each client is by using Custom Field 1 to record the name.
When I show custom field 1 in the navigation pane, the label of the column remains as Custom Field 1.
It appears each custom field 1 field is specific to that particular entry.
We are only going to use this field on all entries to record the lead engineer.

1. Is there a way to rename the column header
2. is there a way to hide a column from the nav pane once it has been added without having to use the reset layout function
3. is there a better way to perform the function I am trying to achieve
4. I entered my name as the value of Custom #1 in the custom fields page of the Company Group, I then set the value of Custom #1 of a sub group to $COMPANY_CUSTOM_FIELD1$ but it does not pull in the value from the parent group.
5. is there a way to replicate the custom name I have given Custom Field 1 to all entries and the value I have entered without using a script

3 yrs Rename custom field 1 navigation pane header and replicate custom field 1 name to all entries
Flinty
Flinty

We store documents in folders that match our group names in RDM.

I created this script to add an entry under each group that I could click to automatically open an instance of explorer in the correct folder on our network drive.

cls;
Write-Host;
Write-Host "Creating Open Client Folder entries"
Write-Host;
$sessions = Get-RDMSession | where {($_.ConnectionType -eq "Group") -and ($_.Name -eq $_.Group)}
foreach ($session in $sessions)
{
Write-Host ("Creating: " + $session.Name);
$newentry = New-RDMSession -Group $session.Name -Name 'Open Client Directory' -ConnectionType 'CommandLine'
$newentry.CommandLine = 'C:\Windows\Explorer.exe /e,/separate,\\server\sharename\$COMPANY_NAME$'
$newentry.Cmd.EmbeddedWaitTime = 0
$newentry.Cmd.UseDefaultWorkingDirectory = 'false'
$newentry.SortPriority = 1
$newentry.ImageName = 'SampleFolderBlue'
Set-RDMSession $newentry -refresh
}

3 yrs Entry to open windows explorer instance in specified location
Flinty
Flinty

Just what I was looking for, thank you.

3 yrs TeamViewer contact list import
Flinty
Flinty

currently 12.5.6.0

3 yrs When losing network connection to database, database login prompts for but does not accept password
Flinty
Flinty

We use an MS SQL data source.
At the end of the day I remove my laptop from the dock and go home.
If I have RDM open, when I get home and I try to bring up the RDM window, I am prompted for my database password.
It does not accept the correct password that is already saved in the data source connection settings.
I have to close RDM from Task manager and open it again.
The same happens when I come back to work and connect my laptop to the dock.
It only seems to happen if I close the lid of the laptop.

I have attached screenshots of my data source settings.

What do I need to set for RDM to go offline instead of requesting the password?

3 yrs When losing network connection to database, database login prompts for but does not accept password
Flinty
Flinty

No, I am using Database login and specifying a user and password
see attached screenshot

3 yrs Powershell returns no sessions even though current data source is correct.
Flinty
Flinty

Side effects

This evening I was connecting to some of our RDP connections that have sub-connections and I discovered a side effect of this feature.
When double clicking an RDP connection to connect, it expands then collapses the sub-connection tree of the RDP connection.

I confirmed this by disabling the feature and testing again.

I hadn't thought about sub-connections as we have only recently begun to move things like teamviewer and ilo from their own group folders into sub-connections of the associated RDP.

Initially I only considered Groups in my request for the tree to automatically expand.

Can it be changed to a separate option
Expand group and children on left click
Expand sub-connections on left click

but not work on double click or just work on groups not RDP connections.

What are your thoughts?

3 yrs It was like opening a box of coffee flavour chocolates at Christmas
Flinty
Flinty

excellent, all subfolders.

This will save me many many mouse clicks

thank you so much

Flinty
Flinty

Hi Michael
The feature has been implemented which is great however I thought it was going to expand ALL subfolders of the folder you select.
It also only work on the group name, not when you click the expansion +

Thank you

Flinty
Flinty

Every child and grandchild

Flinty
Flinty

no it is as though I have no entries

3 yrs Powershell returns no sessions even though current data source is correct.
Flinty
Flinty

I don't know the steps to reproduce this. It appears to be random at the moment.
I have a script to create entries.
The script prompts to enter a name of a company.
It then performs a -like wildcard match and if it finds a match it uses that company as the parent group.
If no match is found it creates a new company using the name entered.
Some times it fails to find a match even though there is one.
I Stopped the script and ran some commands in the same powershell instance to troubleshoot

get-rdmcurrentdatasource to check it was using our SQL data source

it returned the data source correctly.
I then ran get-rdmsession and it returned no results even though there are a lot
any idea what could cause this?

I have just installed the latest version but this occurred on 12.0.8.0

thank you

Flinty
Flinty

Hi David

Part of this issue is related to a previous ticket I raised that was never resolved.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26930-rdp-session-not-reconnecting-vpn-when-unable-to-ping.aspx

I replied to your email did you receive it?

3 yrs Open VPN 'Connect if unable to ping/scan' doesn't run before connect event.
Flinty
Flinty

Thanks David, I will test that.

3 yrs Old playlist folders not being deleted from Application Data folder.
Flinty
Flinty

No just one.
That particular install is in a citrix environment.
Could disconnects cause that?

Flinty
Flinty

When I receive the message that the connection is currently in use by another user, it would be nice to have a notify option.

When the connection is no longer in use, I receive a pop up to notify me that the connection is free.

3 yrs Connection no longer in use notification
Flinty
Flinty

I was in the Application Data\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager folder and noticed ten or more folders that contain a playlist folder and some of them a file offline.mcdf2
Should the application remove these when I restart it and cancel the previous connections prompt?

Flinty
Flinty

Thanks David

Flinty
Flinty

I installed the latest release and excitedly opened the application.
I clicked a group entry in my navigation pane and waited for all sub folders to automatically expand..... but they didn't
'Ah I thought, it will be an options that needs enabling'.
Quick scan through options and interface but no, nothing.
Gutted

We have a group folder for each client, then subfolders for each site of that client, then subfolders for physicals, virtuals, devices.

I suggested many months back that it would be great (and save many mouse clicks) that when I click a Client, all the subfolders autoexpand.

Maybe next time?

Flinty
Flinty

RDM Enterprise 12.0.8.0
SQL data source 1.284

I have an RDP connection with the following config
General > Computer > 192.168.80.1
VPN > Open > Inherited

Parent group 'Physical Servers'
VPN > Open > Inherited

Parent group 'Emerald'
VPN > Open > Connect if unable to ping/scan
VPN > Type > Session
VPN > Settings > Session with session entry specified

VPN connection
Credentials > Credential repository with entry specified
VPN Type > Microsoft VPN
VPN name VPN1
RAS phone number 'VPN IP address specified'
Phonebook document > Phonebook entry specified
Events > Before Connect > Command line > Command: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe VPN1 /disconnect

we have multiple vpn's all called VPN1 so we do not have to update the phonebook document, we just specify the IP in the RAS phone number field.
The remote networks all have different ip range, eg 192.168.50.0, 192.168.80.1 and so on

and I have confirmed if I ping 192.168.80.1 I get request timed out

When I open the RDP session
I am prompted pinging host 192.168.80.1
then pinging host for vpn connection
then connecting to 192.168.80.1 with the rotating dots before being prompted with a Connection box

I enabled the performance profiling debug log and I don't know if it is because I specified the wrong options with debug level 2369 but the log goes crazy Tree view is loading 1936 connections: when I click connect on the RDP entry Loading connections before stopping and showing:

OpenConnection: Opening VPN
OpenVPN: Finding Opener
OpenVPN: Preparing Dynamic Port
OpenVPN: vpnOpener.Open
OpenVPN: Result is Not Null
OpenVPN: Result is not opened or is ready
OpenConnection: Opened VPN
Opening in Console / Admin mode
Remote Desktop can’t connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled
2) The remote computer is turned off
3) The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.
RDP - Disconnect:516 / exDiscReasonNoInfo
Remote Desktop can’t connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled
2) The remote computer is turned off
3) The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.
RDP - Disconnect:516 / exDiscReasonNoInfo

It does not seem to run the before connect command or open the vpn

I have sent the trace to support if it is of any help.

3 yrs Open VPN 'Connect if unable to ping/scan' doesn't run before connect event.
Flinty
Flinty

When creating a new session New-RDMSession I specify -Type 'VPN'

when I read that property back with Get-RDMSession | where {$_.Type -eq 'VPN'} returns nothing
Get-RDMSession | where {$_.ConnectionType -eq 'VPN'} returns the VPN connections

Is it the same attribute but the naming convention is inconsistent?

3 yrs VPN sessions do I use -Type or .ConnectionType?
Flinty
Flinty

Custom icons are stored in the datasource as a Base64String.
Assign a custom image to an entry.
Use the View > Entry History > Compare method to see what the string is for the custom image. (there may be a better way to obtain this)
I copied and pasted the following attributes: <Image> and <ImageMD5>
then use this code to assign that icon to your entries:

$Sessions = Get-RDMSession
foreach ($session in $Sessions) {
$session.ImageName = $null
$session.Image = [System.Convert]::FromBase64String("paste the string copied from between the <Image> </Image> tags here")
$session.ImageMD5 = 'paste the string copied from between the <ImageMD5> </ImageMD5> tags here'
Set-RDMSession $session

This will change all entries, don't forget to include a filter for the entry type as required.

I changed the default orange icons for the blue variation but then discovered they didn't have a blue alternative for the default Device group / folder type.

Of course I didn't discover this until I had changed every other entry type to blue.
If anyone wants a blue device icon here is the code:

$session.Image = [System.Convert]::FromBase64String("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")

$session.ImageMD5 = 'c2d4b16a0091b447b155db46651d6d78'

3 yrs How to assign Custom icons to entries using PowerShell
Flinty
Flinty

Thank you I now have this working.
I find it a little slow to start though

3 yrs How can I run a local powershell script from an entry in my navigation pane.
Flinty
Flinty

see attached screen shot.
I coped the code from my powershell script to the embedded option as suggested

4 yrs How can I run a local powershell script from an entry in my navigation pane.