Forum

Posts by chaoscreater (chaoscreater)

chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hmm this is still broke on the latest beta that just came out today...

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

2 mths RDM installer keeps creating shortcuts under Quick Launch
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Any updates on this?

Local data source.

2 mths Undock to a virtual desktop?
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hmm well I could simply just right click into the <Host> field and look at the template that is currently selected / in-use. But that is an extra step, same as hovering the mouse over an icon and wait for it to show the template name. Ideally, I want it to show permanently on the title bar, or somewhere at the status bar. I would like to just look at the name at a quick glance, without actually performing an extra step.

Local data source.

2 mths Quick Connect template indicator / display
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

In the Quick Connect field, you can right click to select a profile/template to use. When you have multiple templates, sometimes you lose track of which one is the active one.

Is it possible to add some sort of icon indicator in the Quick Connect field to display the current active template being used? Or even display the full name of the template that is in use?

Local data source.

2 mths Quick Connect template indicator / display
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

I'm on the latest beta and everytime I update RDM, the installer keeps creating shortcuts in the following path:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

This has been raised in the past since about 1~2 years ago but it's still an issue. I imagine this should be a pretty quick fix. I don't want my Quick Launch cluttered with unnecessary shortcuts.

Local data source.

3 mths RDM installer keeps creating shortcuts under Quick Launch
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hi David,

Any luck with this one?

Local data source.

3 mths Undock to a virtual desktop?
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hi Team,

Just a quick bug report. If a session is disconnected, the title will show something like "Quick connect - ServerName - Disconnected". If you reconnect via the menu title bar, it will still show as "Disconnected":

But if you reconnect via this, then the title will not show "Disconnected":

And just a question regarding the latest beta update, one of the new features in the changelog is "Added support for batch RDP reconnect". Just wondering how we can batch reconnect? I don't see any new settings and can't shift select multiple RDP entries to reconnect.

Local data source.

3 mths Disconnected title
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Is it possible to add a feature to allow undocking of a session to a Windows 10 virtual desktop?

Local data source.

3 mths Undock to a virtual desktop?
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hi Hubert,

It has been 3 months since the last reply. Just wondering if this feature will be added soon? I.e connect to multiple servers in one go using the following format:

server01~server10

Local data source.

4 mths Quick Connect to multiple servers
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

I was able to replicate the issue at work today, so issue is unrelated to my theory about the use of VPN.

I've uploaded the recording to Sharefile as requested. Name of the recording is "Reconnect issue.mp4".

Local data source.

4 mths Latest build breaks "Connect when Available"
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Latest beta still creates installer shortcut to Quick Launch...

Local data source.

4 mths Installer issue
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Latest beta still creating shortcut under Quick Launch....

Local data source.

4 mths Installer/updater annoyances
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hmm, I can't seem to replicate the issue anymore, not sure if this is because I'm not connecting to the same list of servers as last time.

Basically, I was patching a couple of production servers over the past weekend. The servers had to be rebooted and this was scheduled with the client. I connected to the servers using Quick Connect and selected a template I created. The template is really simple, it only has the username + password defined and no other settings are configured. The servers are running Windows Server 2012 R2. When the servers are restarted, I selected the "Connect when Available" option and RDM would create a new session tab, rather than connect to the original session tab.

I've tried to replicate the steps on a test server, but I can't replicate the issue anymore. Not sure if this is specific to the production servers or not...

Also, I was using a VPN to connect to the production servers, as I was working from home on the weekend. Most of the time, I work in the office.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe close this for now and if this happens again, I'll record it and provide it to you guys.

Local data source.

4 mths Latest build breaks "Connect when Available"
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

If I use "Connect when Available", it creates a new tab/session, rather than using the existing tab/session.

So e.g. if I am trying to "Connect when Available" to serverXYZ, then it creates another serverXYZ entry.

I'm using 2019.1.36.0 x64

Local data source.

5 mths Latest build breaks "Connect when Available"
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Thanks. Confirm working on my end.

Local data source.

6 mths Citrix Netscaler entry broken
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Seems like this is broken again. Each new update seems to break this addon / entry upset

If you add [Redacted] as a Citrix Netscaler entry and set "Force 32-bit", the page will be a blank screen. It's fine if you don't use Force 32-bit, but then you'll run into a separate issue described in this thread here:

https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=30626
https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=30931

I'm on version 2019.1.25.0 64 bit. Latest Citrix Netscaler addon version (doesn't show the version in the Add-on Manager).

Local data source.

6 mths Citrix Netscaler entry broken
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Is it possible to do this from the "Tab Groups"? I can select multiple already connected entries. I'd like to select them and right click to Log Off, but it just logs off a single server instead of all of them.

Local data source.

7 mths Shift + select connections
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Thanks, sorted!

Weird that I could still use my Citrix Netscaler session even though the addon wasn't installed (the newly named version).

Local data source.

7 mths Citrix Netscaler entry missing duplicate option
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Also, it semes like the Netscaler entry is missing from the Add Entry options.

Local data source.

chaoscreater
chaoscreater

I'm on the latest beta and I can't duplicate an existing Citrix Netscaler entry, the Duplicate option is missing.

Local data source.

chaoscreater
chaoscreater

chaoscreater wrote:

Sorry, just adding one more request to this.

Sometimes, I don't want to use a template and want to use e.g. Keepass to access the servers. The current implementation allows me to connect to multiple servers, but each server connection will prompt me to select a Keepass entry. If the servers I'm connected to are completely different servers in a different domain, then sure this is the behaviour I'd expect. But if I'm connecting to 5 servers on the same domain, I just want to select the Keepass entry just once and let all the servers use this.

Is it possible to add a tickbox for something like "use this credential for the rest of the server connections"?

In addition to the request above, could you please also allow quick connect to multiple servers using the following format:

xa01vda01 ~ xa01vda10

Which will basically connect from server 01~10.

Local data source.

7 mths Quick Connect to multiple servers
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hi Jeff,

Yes using SQLite data source, RDM 2019.1.14.0 64 bit.

OK, I've just done a test and looks like this is happening only to Quick Connect sessions. If I connect to the server "xa01node03" using 2 domain admin accounts, but one using a saved RDP entry and the other using a Quick Connect session, then I cannot reconnect to the Quick Connect session but can reconnect to the RDP entry session.

Local data source.

7 mths Connecting to a disconnected session - You don't have enough rights to perform this action
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Just updated to the latest beta and I'm getting this error message when connecting to a disconnected session:

I get the same error regardless if I select "Connect" or "Connect When Available". If I use Quick Connect or a RDP entry to connect to the server, it's fine.

Never had this issue before, works perfectly fine on the older beta build. I'm running this locally on my machine, full admin rights, local data source.

Seems like a lot of bugs with each new release of beta recently upset

Local data source.

7 mths Connecting to a disconnected session - You don't have enough rights to perform this action
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Hmm, I can't seem to Quick Connect to multiple servers even when not using capital letters. Here's what I'm using:

xa19vda03;xa19vda09

I also tried this:

xa19vda03; xa19vda09

Tested on a brand new installation of RDM with no existing configs or settings.

Local data source.

7 mths Quick Connect to multiple servers
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Regarding the capital letters, I think you can ignore this for now. Currently, it works if I don't use capital letters. It might actually be beneficial for me to keep this behaviour as is, because who knows, maybe there may be a server with an actual name like "SERVER;1" and I will be able to connect to it using the capital letters.

Local data source.

8 mths Quick Connect to multiple servers
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

In a browser, you can shift + select multiple tabs and right click to close them or do something. Can the same feature be applied to RDM connections? I want to select multiple RDP sessions that I am connected to, right click and log off. Currently, I have to right click on each tab to log off.

Local data source.

8 mths Shift + select connections
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

Sorry, just adding one more request to this.

Sometimes, I don't want to use a template and want to use e.g. Keepass to access the servers. The current implementation allows me to connect to multiple servers, but each server connection will prompt me to select a Keepass entry. If the servers I'm connected to are completely different servers in a different domain, then sure this is the behaviour I'd expect. But if I'm connecting to 5 servers on the same domain, I just want to select the Keepass entry just once and let all the servers use this.

Is it possible to add a tickbox for something like "use this credential for the rest of the server connections"?

Local data source.

chaoscreater
chaoscreater

The latest beta installer is still creating a shortcut under Quick Launch:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Local data source.

8 mths Installer issue
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

If I duplicate a Citrix Netscaler entry and edit the password field, RDM will crash immediately.

It also looks like the Citrix Netscaler entry is missing from the Add New Entry list. I've selected show deprecated entries and it's still not showing up.

Local data source.

8 mths Latest RDM beta breaks Citrix Netscaler entries
chaoscreater
chaoscreater

also, I've noticed that if you enter in a server name in capital letters, then Quick Connect will treat the whole string as a single hostname. For example:

server1;server2 ----> works

SERVER1;SERVER2 -----> Treated as "SERVER1;SERVER2" and this fails to connect.

Local data source.