Forum

Posts by johnkenny (johnkenny)

johnkenny
johnkenny

many thanks.

JK

Devolutions Force Member (and Long time Devolutions Fan)

11 hrs Devolutions account for Devolution online database pages keeps kicking my user out and it wont login
johnkenny
johnkenny

I see an error flash up before i end up at the signed out page, its when ever i try to open that url dodb.devolutions.net that it happens. I just wanted to clean up an old db on there which most likely has expired anyway.

JK

12 hrs Devolutions account for Devolution online database pages keeps kicking my user out and it wont login
johnkenny
johnkenny

Nope Brave signs me out too, its when i load dodb.devolutions.net it happens.

JK

12 hrs Devolutions account for Devolution online database pages keeps kicking my user out and it wont login
johnkenny
johnkenny

Edge inprivate mode still kicks me out. So its not cache problem

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Ill try my other browser Brave Nightly, i will try clearing my cache in edge beta too. Ill post back my results.

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Any updates on when DPH might be added as a datasource for RDM?? Im now using RDM ent 2019.2.9.0 64bit beta, ive not seen it added still so is there any news on when this might be added?

JK

12 hrs Access DPS from RDM??
johnkenny
johnkenny

Can we get Credential lists added to DPH as I have lots of those now in my RDM data sources and they dont import over to DPH so i cant use those on DPH. It would be so handy if these lists could be added.

Thanks

JK

JK

12 hrs Credential list request?
johnkenny
johnkenny

Im trying to delete an old Devolutions online database trial licence but i keep getting logged out of my account when i try to click on Devolutions Online Databases on the Portal pages.

Im using Edge Beta, could this be looked into please?

Thanks

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Any update on this addon request yet?

JK

13 hrs ADDON Request - Sophos Connect Client
johnkenny
johnkenny

Thats better many thanks, ill keep an eye out for the bugs....

JK

26 days Problem with 2FA on the Web login app and DPH itself
johnkenny
johnkenny

Its the yubikey setting under the options - Security tab. Ive uploaded 3 img's that shows whats happening.

Sorry I do have 2FA set on my Devoltuton's online drive but its set on the Devolution's account not the datasource, also this problem occurred before id even set 2FA on my Devolution's account.

JK

JK

27 days Yubikey wont stay saved after enabling Application password??
johnkenny
johnkenny

Yubikey 5 NFC, standard mode. As i mentioned id been using it in RDM fine till the app password came along.

I think its Oauth-Hotp mode. its a short press of the button so it fills out hex string.

JK

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Id already posted under the support thread when i realised my post probably should have gone under this thread.

https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=32565

Thanks

JK

27 days Yubikey setting with Application password.
johnkenny
johnkenny

Ive set the Application password after reading the blog article Here but ive also got a yubikey that i had been using aswell, but when i set the app password the yubikey setting gets dropped as soon as RDM is restarted??

Might be a bug......

Running Beta 2019.2.6.0 64bit.

Thanks

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Great!! Many thanks to the Team for the quick fix.....

JK

27 days Problem with 2FA on the Web login app and DPH itself
johnkenny
johnkenny

Ive just setup 2FA on my Devolutions account which is the same account used for DPH but ive been getting this message whenever i login now (see attached img).

Can you help otherwise ive got to disable 2FA to use DPH and the Web Login Ext.

I should probable also state that I get asked for my Master password then it send the notification to my Devolution's Authenticator app for 2FA then I get that msg in the IMG then it just goes in circles. Also RDM goes in fine which uses the same account for Online Drive, its just DPH mainly the Web Login Ext that doesnt pass this stage of the auth.

(Thanks Min Destens didnt realise)

JK

27 days Problem with 2FA on the Web login app and DPH itself
johnkenny
johnkenny

Basically id like the same functionality as the existing Sophos VPN addon but for the new Sophos Connect Client VPN.

Thanks

JK

JK

27 days ADDON Request - Sophos Connect Client
johnkenny
johnkenny

Hi Devolution's devs,

Im sure ive not seen it in the current beta Add on manger or in the release notes so I wanted to request if Sophos Connect Client could be an addition to RDM's Addon library please? We have the old Sophos SSL VPN client but there is Sophos Connect client & admin which came out a few releases ago on Sophos XG v17.5.x.

Please find links below which may come in useful: -

Documentation
https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133109

CLI docs
https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133280

General Documentation
https://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-connect/help/en-us/PDF/scon_h.pdf

If you need the MSI's I can provide those if needed.

Thanks

JK

JK

30 days ADDON Request - Sophos Connect Client
johnkenny
johnkenny

OK, has the new Chromium Edge browser been tested at all? It must work as its basically chrome browse but called edge so its got to be fairly easy to integrate into RDM? Same goes for Brave browser thats Chromium too.

Even if to start with its only supported as an External browser that would be enough for me, I only ask because Chromium Edge and Brave are my goto browsers now, Brave i will use for non work related browsing (also for the BAT rewards now) and edge for work stuff.

JK

2 mths Edge Insider browser entry?
johnkenny
johnkenny

Id like to have a browser entry in RDM for the new MS Edge insider browser, i realise its beta still but is there a plan in place to use the new chromium based Edge browser when its generally released? Also the ability to use the browser as an External Browser.

Id also really like to see Brave browser support in web browser entries, also the ability to use the Brave browser as an External Browser.
Thanks

JK

2 mths Edge Insider browser entry?
johnkenny
johnkenny

The way i thought of it was that the web app would be at the source end just as the launcher is then it connects from the source end of the clients browser, surely it would work as it works for Launcher doesn't it?

Was thinking of it being something similar to Vmwares web console app, a html5 version of launcher embedded on DPH and runs in the clients browser, that way its still at the same end as Launcher would run just in a browser rather than a standalone app?

I just took a look in the Launcher msi and its mainly c++ .so files isnt it for the native apps, i know that it is possible to run c++ programs within a html5 web app but dont ask me how as im not a programmer. But it looks possible from what i de-compiled from the Launcher msi.

JK

2 mths Would it be viable to have an embeded Launcher??
johnkenny
johnkenny

is there a rls date yet for DPH as a datasource in RDM?

thanks

JK

2 mths Access DPS from RDM??
johnkenny
johnkenny

Would it be possible to create an embedded Launcher in the web ui itself rather than a standalone app as it is now?? It would be ideal for times when you need to use DPH when your out and about and dont have access to an installed Launcher instance.

Be nice to have both options to choose from, i still wonder why Launcher was standalone and not embedded seeing as DPH is cloud based?

Thanks,

Keep the new features coming,

JK

2 mths Would it be viable to have an embeded Launcher??
johnkenny
johnkenny

It works I downloaded the new Beta last night and already have DPH credential entries working! Many thanks, Keep the new features coming! When will we get DPH as a data source is there a time line yet?

Thanks

JK

"BIG Devolution's Fan"

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Ive just installed the latest Beta of RDM but im unable to find the DPH credential type?? I can see DPS credential type but not DPH??

What am i missing? Is it unique to a certain type of data source?

Also will RDM even be able to use DPH as a data source aswell??

Thanks

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Will do,

Thanks

JK

johnkenny
johnkenny

Excellent I'll be trying that today.

JK

2 mths Credential repository?
johnkenny
johnkenny

OK thanks, Yeah the Import tool imported all my sessions but it imported the sessions without any credentials. If the Import tool can add the linked credentials from the sessions it imports into the sessions it imports onto DPH this would do what i wanted it to do in the first place.

The credential entries the import tool imported to DPH are they usable with anything?? Or are they just for reference only?? As it stands i may as well delete those credentials i imported onto DPH.

If there is a new build of the import tool pls let me know so i can try it....

Thanks

JK

3 mths How to use Credentials?
johnkenny
johnkenny

Sorry i wanted to find out if we can use something similar to the credential repositories / credentials / credential lists like you can in RDM where sessions can use those entries. But when i imported my data to DPH the sessions entries credentials were empty and there doesn't appear to be a way to set credentials from those credential entries on DPH?

Whats the best practice for credentials on sessions on DPH?? surely it cant be typing logins in manually?? ive got hundreds of session entries so it would take ages. Am i missing something or is this how DPH works at the moment??

Is there a feature on your todo list to allow you to set credential entries in the session entries like u can in RDM?

JK

3 mths How to use Credentials?
johnkenny
johnkenny

Can we get a credential repository on DPH? Or someway to use Credential entries with the Session entries on DPH so that i dont have to manually edit sessions and add credentials manually?

JK

3 mths Credential repository?