Forum

Posts by Alexandre Roy (aroy@devolutions.net)

Alexandre Roy
Alexandre RoyDevolutions staff

Hello,

I've connected to a newly created schema for webdav and had no issue. Although when I had a bad port or hostname and trying to create a new file, I did have the same behavior as you did.

With the webdav datasource It is really hard to know what is causing these failure to connect. A good way to test it is through is by creating the Webdav File Explorer entry in a local datasource prior to use it as a datasource as you do not have to wait for the timeout everytime you try to connect to see if the setup is working properly.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

3 days Any ideas on where to look to try and get things running?
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

Could you try to uncheck "prompt for credentials" on the datasource and verify if the pop up keep comming back?

We think it might be related to this option.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

3 mths RDM Account Login screen keeps popping up during the day
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

We have reproduced the issue where editing from the tab group window doesn't update the info and are looking into it at the moment.

Although changing the info of an entry and clicking reconnect won't update the info, as it is intended.

Your workaround for the moment would be editing the entry for the datasource tree view instead of the tab group window.

We'll keep you updated regarding the tab group editing fix.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

3 mths unable to edit open sessions
Alexandre Roy

Hello again,

You really helped us find something major, We have an idea of how it might occur.

Thanks to you we reproduced the issue and the engineering team will investigate to find a possible fix.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

3 mths RDM changes path
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

Could you tell me which session type you are refering to? I've tried with SSMS but no luck upset.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

3 mths RDM changes path
Alexandre Roy

Hi,

That's interesting, I will investigate and try to reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

3 mths RDM changes path
Alexandre Roy

Hi,

that's funny I found this one too not so long after the initial bug report and let Hubert know about it, It will also be fixed soon.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

4 mths Issue with Wayk Now sub-connections and credentials from credential repository
Alexandre Roy

Hi,

Good catch, Indeed I was able to reproduce the issue, I'm going to open an engineering ticket and get this fixed asap.

Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

4 mths Issue with Wayk Now sub-connections and credentials from credential repository
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

Found 2 way that affect this prompt and result in a blank screen.

1. make sure your computer doesn't go through some sort of proxy, or even the application.

2. Active scripting in Internet option > Security > Custom > Active Scripting <-- Make sure this is enabled.

Hope this solved your issue.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

5 mths Cannot open RDM free after update
Alexandre Roy

RDMFree 2019.1.32.0 should have the potential fix and is available to download at the moment.

https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManagerFree.2019.1.32.0.exe

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

5 mths Cannot open RDM free after update
Alexandre Roy

what version of RDM did you upgraded from to version 32?

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

5 mths Shortcut or web URL not working, newest RDM
Alexandre Roy

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue, I can reproduce a bug when everytime the app is retarted I have to sign in again in File > Cloud Account, we reported that Internally. But I am not getting the error of invalid password after unlocking the application nor comming back to the online mode. In fact I am not getting any prompt when going back online.

Do you connect directly in offline mode when you connect to the datasource and then eventually go online ?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

5 mths MFA and sleep / lock issue
Alexandre Roy

@Zim2323

I'm sorry to hear that, I personally did not encounter the issue yet. Could you send me your remotedesktopmanager.cfg file at aroy@devolutions.net?

Follow these instruction before sending it to me. https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/howto_configurationfile.htm

I want to reproduce this issue as fast as possible to get it fixed.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

7 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

@Zim2323

I think we misunderstood each other, I assumed the option was *Checked*, so I asked you to uncheck it. I guess that did not fixed the issue after all...

Sorry I should have been more clear.

I'll keep investigating.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

7 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

@Zim2323

So the option reactivated after the update ? if so we're gonna correct that for the next update.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

7 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

@zim2323,

I've reproduced the issue you have but in a different scenario, if you uncheck the option *Use Manual tab activation* in File > Option > Advance, It might just solve your issue.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

7 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

@Zim2323

Just a quick question, which version did you update RDM from and which theme were you using before?

regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

7 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

@zim2323,

Are your RDP session embedded or Undocked in a separate window?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

7 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

Hello @Martin-GLAZE,

The advance search issue is now fixed internally and will be available in the next release.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

8 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

@glaza That's a bug, Good catch!

Indeed if a type are only subconnection, the advance search won't be able to find it. Adding a wayk connection ( not as sub-connection ) should reveal all the wayk connection type in the advance search for a temporary workaround.

Thanks for reporting this, it should be easy to fix.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

8 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

The feature is currently going through the testing phase internally with the QA departement.

best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

8 mths Cyberark Privileged Access Solution
Alexandre Roy

hello,

Could you tell us what the application was in case anyone encounter a similar issue ?

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

8 mths Not capturing Windows Key
Alexandre Roy

@Patrice Carbonneau

You made sure that this entry is not trying to relaunch the VPN to avoid the delay ?

If so could you please send me a video of the behavior?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

9 mths Can I prevent tabs from grabbing focus?
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

I have a theory, if you remote the VPN settings off of your RDP entry, launch that VPN manually and then double click the RDP entry to launch the session, will RDM still grab the focus off of other app?

If not, I believe this is because after the timer to launch your VPN, RDM has to grab focus to push the credentials through the microsoft remote desktop in order to log you onto the machine.

This would be caused by the delay you have to wait until the VPN is started. Convenience can sometime have It's pros and cons and I must admit I never saw it the way you've explain it.

It would make sense if this is working on Microsoft Remote Connection Manager if you already have the VPN up and running.

The CEO will take a look and see if this is avoidable in your scenario, as for other users having other type of focus issue, I would like a video sent of the behavior you're encountering with the focus to aroy@devolutions.net to help me reproduce your issue to help the devs fixing it.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Alexandre Roy

Hi,

I might have reproduce the issue with your setup.

Im double clicking an RDP entry which starts the VPN first, there is a countdown for the VPN to start, I imagine during that time you are writing your emails, once the countdown is done, the RDP sessions starts and grab the focus. Is it exactly the scenario happning to you ?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Alexandre Roy

Hello,

Focus issue tend to apear most often with windows 7-8 and windows server 2008 and 2012.

What operating system are you on when using RDM ?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Alexandre Roy

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce the issue so far, have you tried reinstalling .Net framework last available version for your current OS ?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

9 mths Web Login causes a crash and a .NET error
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

Does this error still occur for you ?

If so I would need the entire .net error stack so we can try to troubleshoot it through a debugger see what we can find. You could email me the file to aroy@devolutions.net.

Also, what datasource are you using with RDM ?

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

10 mths Web Login causes a crash and a .NET error
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

I have reproduced your issue some of your issue. Once the active window looses the focus I cannot get the keyboard focus to switch back into the sessions. So yeah from then. Although when keyboard is working in general I had no issue with Cap lock and numbers etc...

As for the other issue I was not able to reproduce them, If I use Embedded UltraVNC, It does work and also does not have keyboard issue after focus lost.

I have TightVNC running on the remote machine to connect Embedded UVNC. Maybe this is why it works for me.

If you get UVNC embedded to work, I would use this method as a work around for the time being to avoid the keyboard focus being lost.

I will report the Default VNC embedded focus issue to the engineering team.

Don't hesitate to reply if you have any questions or heads up to give us about this issue smile.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

11 mths Embedded VNC fails to start
Alexandre Roy

Hello,

After discussion with the engineering team, we will add a new options in the filter called *Show empty Folders*. This will be enabled by default so unchecking it will be required to solve your situation.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

11 mths Option to hide empty folders when searching