Forum

Posts by jakertberry (jakertberry)

jakertberry
jakertberry

@xavier that is perfect. thank you for the update!

3 yrs Search bar shortcut
jakertberry
jakertberry

awesome--thank you! smile

jakertberry
jakertberry

Greetings!

When I use PVM, I catch myself pressing ⌘F to enter the search box on the top-right, but have observed that this shortcut appears to do nothing when using the app. I see "Find" in the Edit menu, but it is typically grayed out. Unless it's assigned elsewhere, could I request that ⌘F activate the search box for super-speedy searching?

Thank you!

jakertberry
jakertberry

I can confirm that this workaround does work for every machine I've tested it on so far. Thank you!

3 yrs RDM Enterprise 3.6.1.1 cannot connect to RDP sessions with Silverlight
jakertberry
jakertberry

awesome sauce--thank you!

3 yrs Option to keep ribbon collapsed at launch
jakertberry
jakertberry

Greetings,
When using RDM, I typically collapse the ribbon bar to gain that little bit of extra space in my RDP session. This works great until I close and reopen the app, when the ribbon is uncollapsed. Typically I just collapse the ribbon again, but this doesn't work when I launch the app and I get the prompt if I'd like to reopen sessions that were open previously.

Could we have the option to keep the ribbon collapsed at launch if it was previously collapsed?

Thank you!

3 yrs Option to keep ribbon collapsed at launch
jakertberry
jakertberry

Sounds good. I've sent you the exported connection. I'll stand by and await further updates.

thank you!

jakertberry
jakertberry

Windows Server 2012 R2 (6.3.9600) and Windows Server 2016 (10.0.14393).

The RDP session log I sent you was connecting to the 2012 R2 server.

Thanks!

jakertberry
jakertberry

The logs are on their way!

jakertberry
jakertberry

Greetings all!

I've come across a curious issue with RDM 3.6.1.1 that I've been able to replicate with multiple servers. If I attempt to RDP to a server that has an active Silverlight-based application open, RDM will enter this endless cycle of connecting, quickly disconnecting, then quickly attempting to reconnect again. It will continue this loop until I close the tab for that session.
If I attempt to connect to that same RDP session using Microsoft Remote Desktop, everything works out fine.

I have been able to replicate this behavior on two different Silverlight applications: the Skype for Business Control Panel, and the System Center Orchestrator Web portal.

As always, thank you for your continued support of RDM on the Mac--you folks rock!

jakertberry
jakertberry

awesome--thanks so much for looking into it!

4 yrs RDM + High Perf GPU
jakertberry
jakertberry

Greetings!

I saw another post recently about power consumption, but I wanted to make mention of one more thing that I've seen using RDM for Mac.

(Firstly, thank you so much for making this app available for OSX--it's awesome!)

I have a MBP with a dedicated GPU. Whenever I launch the app (and for the duration that the app is running, whether sessions are opened or not), I see a notification from gfxCardStatus that the dedicated GPU is in use. I also see in the Activity Monitor that RDM is marked as "Yes" under "Requires High Perf GPU."

I found this QA discussion about allowing applications to use integrated graphics when an application requires OpenGL and decided to test: I updated the Info.plist in my install (3.0.10.0) and fortunately didn't find any immediate/obvious issues using the app (primarily for RDP connections) -- and the app didn't require the dedicated GPU!

Assuming this tests OK, could we add this as the default behavior in future versions? The extra battery life will make me very happy when on the road smile

Thank you!

4 yrs RDM + High Perf GPU