Forum

Posts by marvin.klar@cmsnet.de (marvin.klar@cmsnet.de)

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

However, I have moved your request in our feature request section so that our engineering department can have a look at it and validate the faisability of this request.
Best regards,

Can you please move this back?

2 yrs How do I set the key and port for the web login plugins?

Sorry for the wrong description. I am looking for a way to configure the password/key and port of the Remote Desktop Manager. Not the plugin.

Is there a way to do this?

Hello everyone!

I currently try to setup the Devolutions Web Login pluigns for the Remote Desktop Manager and the Password Vault Manager. But I'm struggling setting the key and port ( http://prntscr.com/kfbd56 ) with PowerShell. I Found the command Set-RDMUserSpecificSettings ( https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?set-rdmuserspecificsettings.htm ) to set settings, but didn't got any success by now.

Does anyone know how to use this command? Or have any other idea?

Thanks and regards,
Marvin Klar

Hey,

is there any progress? I were unable to find any changelogs on your website for the web plugins.

Or is there any other way to use this plugins on a terminal server?

Thanks and regards,
Marvin Klar

3 yrs Configure the port and application code for RDM and PVM and also the extensions automatically

Hello,

I would like to know how far this feature is already implemented.
Cause we want to deploy the Remote Desktop Manager for our customers.

I had an idea to supply the code and port for the plugins. The provider could simply create a website, whichs prints the application code and the port for the plugin. So then plugin just have to read the content of this site to get the correct port and code.

For this the plugin could read the machine domain and build a url like this:
[computer domain]/RDM/[sid].html

Would this be possible or do you already have a more smooth solution for this?

Thank you for the update!

Thanks and regards
Marvin Klar

3 yrs Configure the port and application code for RDM and PVM and also the extensions automatically

No, I don't know any other extensions which have a feature like this, but I can't imagine that we are the first who need something like this.

Okey, but could you provide any other way to set the code and port for the extensions or is this impossible???

I dont really need a button to import the file. I just want to be able to set this values before the user starts the applications/browsers

I want to be able to set the port and application code in the remote desktop manager, password vault manager and the extensions EVERY time the user loggs into windows. It would be the best to have a file (like the configuration file already) where I can put these values when the user loggs in.

Hello,

I would like to configure the port and application code for the remote desktop manager and password vault manager in the configuration file (automatically) to produce a automated multi user environment.

It would be great to be able to set the application code like the port in the configuration file.

The next problem is, that you currently have to set the port and application code for the browser extensions (IE, Chrome and Firefox) also manually.
So it would also be needed to set the application code and port for these extensions/plugins automatically.

It would be great if this (small) feature could be implemented in the next release, so we are able to provide the application for our customers.

Thanks and regards,
Marvin Klar

Hello,

nice to hear! Can't wait for it Big Grin

The C++ Runtime is installed. It doesn't work in any bit version. And I don't even have the opportunity to block/unblock the files.

SQLite.Interop.dll

5 yrs Creating Sessions with PowerShell

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or have just an idea..?

Ok, I didn't forgot to log in, it just logged me out automatically...

07+12++2015+15+34+25
As you can see, there are two same entries...

...would be also nice, if you could update the documentation, or give some nice examples for a whole import of some RDMSessions.

Thanks

5 yrs Double entry in PowerShell CmdLets documentation

I am pretty sure, there is anything wron with my New-RDM-Session, cause I tryed to set it and it was still NULL. So the Session can't be set....

Commands:
set-variable -name session -value (New-RDM-Session -Name Testgroup -Kind Group)

get-variable session
Output:
Name Value
---- ----
session

Is there anything wrong?

If I finally try to set set the Session, it says the argument ($session) is NULL.
Command: set-rdmsession -Session $session

That was my message... Big Grin
..just forgot to login.

Hello everyone,

I got a little bit trouble with a script in PowerShell.

Here's the script:

$session1 = New-RDM-Session -Kind "Group" -Name "Gruppe" -Group "Gruppe"
Set-RDMSession $session1
$session2 = New-RDM-Session -Name "Eintrag" -Host "myServer" -Kind "RDPConfigured"
Set-RDMSession $session2
$session3 = New-RDM-Session -Name "Eintrag in Gruppe" -Host "myServer" -Kind "RDPConfigured"
$session3.group="Gruppe"
Set-RDMSession $session3

Everytime I try to run it in PowerShell I get the following errors:

Set-RDMSession : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Session' because it is null.
At line:2 char:16
+ Set-RDMSession $session1
+ ~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (image [Set-RDMSession], ParameterBindingValidation
Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Devolutions.Re
moteDesktopManager.Business.PS.Commands.SetRDMSessionCommand

Set-RDMSession : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Session' because it is null.
At line:4 char:16
+ Set-RDMSession $session2
+ ~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (image [Set-RDMSession], ParameterBindingValidation
Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Devolutions.Re

The property 'group' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists and
can be set.
At line:6 char:1
+ $session3.group="Gruppe"
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (image [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFound

At line:7 char:16
+ Set-RDMSession $session3
+ ~~~~~~~~~
Exception

It does work in the PowerShell in RemoteDesktopManage, but otherwise not. :c
Some tutorials or examples told me to use Set-RDMSession, other to use Set-RDM-Session. Where is the difference?

I have already imported and loaded the SnapIn...

Marvin Klar