Forum

Posts by figueroa.david@gmail.com (figueroa.david@gmail.com)

Thank you! 2 down, 2 to go now :-)

David F.

2 mths Manually download Chrome & Opera extensions

I need to know how to manually download the extensions for Chrome & Opera so that I can install them on a non-connected instance of RDM (the chrome web store is blocked there).

Thank you!

David F.

2 mths Manually download Chrome & Opera extensions

Ok, that's fair.. I know Citrix gateway's don't allow for this kind of man-in-the-middle proxying.

Thank you. :-)

David F.

8 mths Certificate for stream.tellmer.com couldn't be verified

I am having the same situation. I did a view on the certificate (see the attachment). The part in green is from our firewall (it is doing SSL inspection by creating and injecting its own intermediate cert (man in the middle). I am sure that's whats causing the error. I could request an SSL proxy exception just like Mins was able to do, but I have to be able to justify it to our security department.

Unchecking the Check for server certificate revocation isn't exactly a solution.. it's just hiding/ignoring the problem. So, what is the keen.io domain used for? (I know that's what I'll be asked).

edit: I just went to keen.io's main web page, and it looks like it is used for tracking customer usage/telemetry data. Is that correct? That could be a hard item to sell to our security department.

thank you all :-)

David F.

8 mths Certificate for stream.tellmer.com couldn't be verified

Ah.. that makes more sense then.. :-)

David F.

9 mths Manual disconnect

You can just close the tab? That's a disconnect..
A menu option seems overkill? But, its certainly not a problem. :-)

David F.

9 mths Manual disconnect

I thought I had seen this previously, and today I'm absolutely sure I saw this, and I was able to reproduce it.

When I am using an "old" version of RDM and I restart it, I get the side by side notifications of upgrade available, and old sessions to reopen. My experience has been that if I don't open the old sessions, then that semi-preserved list goes away and I have to remember what I had open. So, I have always let them open, and then gone back to the Help | Check for Updates, and done my update.

The last two times that I remember, when I ran the Help | Check for Updates, it has said that my current version is up to date. I tested it again this morning (killed RDM & restarted it) and I got the upgrade notification available and my session list to reconnected. I closed the update notification, allowed the sessions to reconnect, and when I went to Help | Check for Updates, I got the message that my current version was up to date.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug - a minor one, but still an annoying one.

David F.

9 mths RDM Upgrade notice issue

Wouldn't surprise me a bit that you guys may already have what I'm looking for. I will dig into it.
RDM still blows me away after all these years :-D

David F.

10 mths Remembering sessions I had open..

I realize that RDM has the ability to remember what sessions I had previously opened if it gets shutdown ungracefully. (To me, this is a god-send feature). What I would like to see is the ability to create a "snapshot" of what I had opened so that if I close down RDM gracefully, I can recover those. As it is, if I shut it down gracefully, and I forget to log out of the sessions, I can change my password, and then lock myself out because I "lost" which servers I had open and forgot to clear out my logins.

And building on that:
I'd like to see a way to build "session sets" where I can specify which sessions I want open as a group, without necessarily having to create more groups/more sessions in order to accomplish this. I typically organize my sessions by functionality etc.. but there are relatively frequent occasions where I want to do things like open a specific web console, and then 2-3 RDP Sessions associated with that particular web console, etc. Definitely a nice-to-have, but is certainly not a necessity. I can see where this would be good in a large scale deployment where different support staff may have specific servers to open together from different clients. So, User A opens up a specific web console, multiple RDP sessions etc. for Customer A, but User B supports a different section for Customer A, so he opens up an RDP session, multiple SSH sessions, etc.

Thank you,

David F.

10 mths Remembering sessions I had open..

Sorry this has taken so long.. I have to squeeze in time to work on this issue.

I went back and checked again.. the Windows Credentials section of Credential Manager is empty - it's disabled by policy. I have a lot of "generic" credentials that are stored there. Anyway.. I cleared them all out, and the password still fails, even after closing & opening RDM. And as I mentioned.. I've had this problem as long as I've had RDM, different computers, different companies, etc.

thanks again :-)

David F.

10 mths Password change issue

Sent a screenshot through a private message.

Thank you,

David F.

11 mths Password change issue

I've got a large number of "generic" credentials stored; mostly from Office365 apps, and a couple of other applications. I don't see anything that is specific to RDP/RDM. I'm not sure what I should be looking for?

I can send a direct message with a screenshot if need be. (Don't want to post this publicly).. but I suspect that is not my case.

David F.

I will check tomorrow.. Are you guys actually using the Windows Credential manager? That seems very surprising??

thanks.. I will reply again tomorrow.

David F.

Windows 10 1703 x64
RDM Enterprise 14.1.3.0 x64

I've mentioned this casually before, but now it's getting to be a serious issue for me. (And I have seen this in every version I've used).
I had to change my password on the domain, and I updated my credentials in RDM to match. Virtually all of my sessions are set to use Inherit, and should be be getting the password from either the root, or the parent folder.

When I changed those credentials - my login begins to fail on some servers, and not others. If the entry fails, it always fails, and I end up having to type my credentials in manually. When I edit the entry, everything looks normal. If I try to bulk open a group, and there are several "bad" entries in there it tries to open, I end up locking out my account. It only happens when I change my account.

I have not been able to find a way to fix it, other than directly assigning the correct credential individually to each session, but that defeats the purpose of inherit. Edit & Save does not repair the issue.

Thank you,

David F.

Ok.. I attached the picture I get when trying to connect to the server, and the settings for that connection. This connection always worked until I had to change my password.

And here are the settings from powershell.. (sanitized)

DocumentData :
HostResolved : SERVERNAME
PsPlaylistLocal :
SubConnections : {}
UserSpecficSettings :
AllowClipboard : False
AllowPasswordVariable : False
AllowViewPasswordAction : False
AlternalteHostVPNBefore : False
AlternateHostAllowCustomHost : False
AlwaysAskForResources : False
AutomaticallyClose : False
AutoReconnection : True
CommandLineWaitForApplicationToExit : False
Console : False
DesktopComposition : False
DisableBitmapCache : False
DisableCursorSetting : False
DisableFullWindowDrag : False
DisableMenuAnims : False
DisableThemes : False
DisableWallpaper : False
DisplayConnectionBar : True
DomainHostOverride : False
Embedded32DebugMode : False
Encrypt : False
ExcludeFromNotifications : False
ExludeFromOpenedSession : False
FontSmoothing : False
GoOfflineOnConnect : False
IncludeInFavorite : False
OpenEmbedded : True
PromptCredentials : True
SharedTemplate : False
ShowFooterEmbedded : False
ShowInTrayIcon : True
Span : False
Undocked : False
UsesClipboard : True
UsesDevices : False
UsesHardDrives : True
UsesPrinters : False
UsesSerialPorts : True
UsesSmartDevices : False
UseVPN : False
Image :
TemplateGroupData :
AlternateHostMode : Default
ApplicationIntegrationMode : Default
AuthentificationLevel : ConnectDontWarnMe
ConnectionType : RDPConfigured
CredentialInheritedMode : Default
DescriptionMode : Text
DisplayMonitor : Default
DomainOverrideType : Default
ForeColorStyle : Status
IntelligentCacheAction : AddUpdate
KeyboardHook : OnTheLocalComputer
PinEmbeddedMode : Default
PingConnectionMethod : Default
PingConnectionMode : Default
PrivateVaultGlobalAvailability : Default
ReconnectMode : Default
ScreenColor : C32Bits
ScreenSize : Default
SoundHook : BringToThisComputer
UndockMaximized : Default
UserNameFormat : Default
Visibility : Default
WebBrowserApplication : Default
JumpType : Default
VNCType : RealVNC
AutomaticallyCloseInterval : 0
HostPort : -1
PingConnectionScanPort : 0
SortPriority : 0
SubMode : 0
WakeOnLANPort : 0
ID : 8ec1cf5d-8275-407e-9da0-5b83fa0eeaca
SecurityGroup : 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
JumpConnectionID : 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
AlternateHosts :
AlternateShell :
ClearTextPassword :
Color :
CommandLine :
CommandLineWorkingDirectory :
ConnectionStringConnectionID :
ConnectionSubType :
CreatedBy : DOMAIN\USERNAME
CreationSource :
CredentialConnectionGroup :
CredentialConnectionID : 1310CF82-6FAB-4B7A-9EEA-3E2E451CA2CF
CredentialConnectionSavedPath :
CredentialDynamicDescription :
CredentialDynamicValue :
CredentialPrivateVaultSearchString :
CustomPort :
CustomStatus :
Data :
DataFileName :
Description :
DescriptionRtf :
DescriptionUrl :
DocumentLinkConnectionID :
ForeColor :
Group : <FolderPath>
GroupCredentialPrompt :
GroupTab :
Host : SERVERNAME
HostDomain :
HostFull : SERVERNAME
HostNetworkInterfaceMac : en0
HostUrl :
HostUserName :
HostWithPort : SERVERNAME
ImageMD5 :
ImageName :
Name : SERVERNAME
PersonalConnectionID :
PrivateKeyConnectionID :
RDPFileName :
ShellWorkingDirectory :
Stamp : be7fece9-a29e-41ae-a3af-ea8e7d8db60d
StatusLockedBy :
StatusMessage :
SwitchDataSourceID :
SwitchDataSourceName :
SwitchRepositoryFolder :
SwitchRepositoryID :
SwitchRepositoryName :
TabTitle :
TemplateName :
TemplateSecurityGroup :
TemplateSourceID :
UpdatedBy : DOMAIN\USERNAME
Url : SERVERNAME
WakeOnLANBroadcastIPAddress :
WebBrowserUrl :
Domain :
UserName :
VNCOptions :
VNCUrl :
VPNDomain :
VPNName :
VPNSafePassword :
VPNUserName :
CreationDateTime : 11/13/2018 10:30:45 AM
UpdateDateTime : 11/26/2018 1:40:39 PM
ActiveDirectoryConsole : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSActiveDirectoryConsoleConnection
AddOn : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSAddOnConnection
Agent : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSAgentConnection
Aws : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSAwsConnection
Azure : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSAzureConsoleConnection
Recording : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRecordingConnection
AzureStorage : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSAzureStorageConnection
BeyondTrustPasswordSafeConsole : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSBeyondTrustPasswordSafeConsoleConnection
BoxNet : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSBoxNetConnection
ChromeRemoteDesktop : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSChromeRemoteDesktopConnection
Citrix : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSCitrixConnection
Cmd : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSCmdConnection
ControlUp : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSControlUpConnection
Credentials : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSCredentialsConnection
Customer : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSCustomerConnection
Dameware : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSDamewareConnection
DataEntry : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSDataEntryConnection
DataReport : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSDataReportConnection
DeskRoll : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSDeskRollConnection
Document : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSDocumentConnection
DropBox : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSDropBoxConnection
Events : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSConnectionEvents
FileExplorer : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSFileExplorerConnection
Ftp : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSFtpConnection
GoogleCloud : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSGoogleCloudConnection
CloudBerryRemoteAssistant : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSCloudBerryRemoteAssistantConnection
GoogleDrive : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSGoogleDriveConnection
GotoAssist : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSGoToAssistConnection
GroupDetails : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSGroupConnection
HostDetails : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSHostConnection
HpRGS : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSHpRGSConnection
HyperV : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSHyperVConnection
IDrac : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSIDracConnection
ILO : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSILOConnection
Intel : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSIntelConnection
InventoryReport : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSInventoryReportConnection
ITerm : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSITermConnection
Jump : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSJumpConnection
JumpCommand : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSJumpCommand
JumpDesktop : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSJumpDesktopConnection
LogMeIn : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSLogMeInConnection
MetaInformation : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSConnectionMetaInformation
PCAnywhere : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSPCAnywhereConnection
PlayList : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSPlayListConnection
PowerShell : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSPowerShellConnection
ProxyServer : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSProxyServerConnection
ProxyTunnel : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSProxyTunnelConnection
ProxyTunnelMac : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSProxyTunnelConnectionMac
Putty : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSPuttyConnection
Radmin : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRadminConnection
RDCommander : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRDCommanderConnection
RDP : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRDPConnection
RemoteAssistance : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRemoteAssistanceConnection
RemoteCommand : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRemoteCommandConnection
ReportTool : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSReportToolConnection
Root : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRootConnection
RunAsConnection : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSRunAsConnection
S3 : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSS3Connection
Scp : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSScpConnection
ScreenConnect : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSScreenConnectConnection
Script : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSScriptConnection
Security : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSSecurityConnection
Shortcut : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSShortcutConnection
SkyDrive : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSSkyDriveConnection
SNMPReport : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSSNMPReportConnection
Spiceworks : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSSpiceworksConnection
Splunk : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSSplunkConnection
Stats : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSStatsConnection
Sync : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSSyncConnection
TeamViewer : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSTeamViewerConnection
TeamViewerConsole : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSTeamViewerConsoleConnection
Template : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSTemplateConnection
Terminal : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSTerminalConnection
TerminalConsole : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSTerminalServerConnection
TerminalMac : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSTerminalConnectionMac
Tools : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSToolConnection
VirtualBox : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVirtualBoxConnection
VirtualPC : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVirtualPCConnection
VMRC : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVMRCConnection
VMWare : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVMWareConnection
VNC : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVNCConnection
VPN : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVPNConnection
VPNMac : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSVPNConnectionMac
Wayk : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSWaykConnection
Web : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSWebConnection
WebDav : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSWebDavConnection
WindowsVirtualPC : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSWindowsVirtualPCConnection
XenServer : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSXenServerConnection
XWindow : RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.PSOutputObject.PSXWindowConnection

12 mths Struggling with the powershell module

Arrggh.. I finally got a chance to go back and work on this.. and the link you provided is going 404 with an ASP.Net error..
Server Error in '/' Application.The resource cannot be found.Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /topic23912-programmatically-assigning-various-credentials-to-entries.aspx.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3282.0

I have to admit, so far, this has been the hardest PS thing I've tried to do... It seems to me to be just a lot harder than it should be.. :-( I'd refer back to my original post about the PS module (except I haven't figured out the search engine in the forum).

Are there any good sample scripts of creating folders & entries in powershell using the current PS module?
Also, right now, I can't seem to do anything unless I use the embedded tab session (Powershell (RDM CmdLet)) otherwise, I get access denied, and with the issue of the embedded tab screwing up 99% of the time, I'm really struggling with this. (I have put this up as an issue.. I thought I had tracked it down, but I was wrong. I've used this across several environments, and it is virtually always a problem.

David F.

12 mths Struggling with the powershell module

Any updates on this? It's still an issue :-\

Thank you smile

David F.

12 mths Password change not picking up through inheritance

My apologies, I didn't get the notification that this had been replied to. But yes, that credential entry is there. it works just fine on *most* of the entries.. but some of them it just does not, and I have yet to be able to figure out why :-(

and I assume you mean just the regular Credentials section.. I don't have anything called "Windows Credentials". (just making sure I'm not spinning off in the wrong direction smile )

David F.

2 yrs Password change not picking up through inheritance

I've run into this before, but I actually have time to chase this down now. I have seen this in every version of RDM I've run. Sometimes, I'm able to use a Batch Edit, reset them to inherited again and that fixes it, sometimes, I've had to manually change them directly to the credential instead of inherited.

Recently, I had logged out of all my RDP sessions and then changed my Windows domain account password. i changed my stored credential in RDM, and verified it was correct. However, some of the sessions don't seem to be picking up the changed password correctly. I'm no sure what to look for to track this down.

Root - Password set from Credential store here
Folder - set to inherited
ChildFolder - set to inherited
Child of ChildFolder - set to Inherited
RDP Entry#1 - set to Inherited
RDP Entry#2 - set to Inherited

RDP Entry#1 will fail, while RDP Entry #2 will work, and the credential change was the *only* change?

RDM 14.1.3.0, x64 Enterprise; running on Windows 10 - 1703 Enterprise,

David F.

2 yrs Password change not picking up through inheritance

I should finally have some time to get back to this and hopefully finish it up. I'll be happy to share it once I get it right.

I'll post the key snippets and attach the real thing.

Thank you again for your help..

David F.

2 yrs Struggling with the powershell module

That's one of my goto articles to get those references :-) I still don't understand where the lost credential prompt is coming from :-(

David F.

It definitely seems tied to the Resize Window checkbox. I turned that off, and the problem appears to go away. When I put the checkmark back on it, the error message reappears, and the problem reappears. After the problem appears, flipping that same checkmark without restarting the window still seems to fix it.

So, at this point I'm good, but that is definitely a bug in it.. thank you!

David F.

2 yrs Embedded powershell tools - potential bug found with it..

I had the same problem on my home laptop when launching.. so that definitely disproves my working theory. Still have the issue, and I have no good way to track down why its doing it.

David F.

I am working on it now, and so far, I am making progress.
One thing - when the first folder is created, it does get set, and the CredentialConnecitonID gets set properly. However, when I check the folder Properties in the UI, I get an error saying "Unable to find the credential entry, this setting will be lost!", and the Credentials setting is set to Credential Repository with no credential selected.
I have the root folder set to use the correct ID (95% of my uses), which is should inherit.

Thank you again :-)

David F.

Yes, the Resize Window is checked.
Although, my Debug selection is also checked (out of the box install)

The Buffer size is configured the same as your screenshot.

David F.

I can't find my old thread on this topic, or I'd have used that rather than start a new one. I *believe* I may have discovered the source of my issue, and if I am right, maybe you guys can help me fix it.

The issue has always been: when running the Tools | Powershell (RDM Cmdlet) menu item, the embedded powershell window extends past the bottom border of the application. The only thing I have been able to do is manually import the .psd1 file and use it that way.

I did however install RDM on my home laptop to look at a few things with it, and when I ran the same powershell tool, the embedded window worked correctly. It went to the bottom, and stopped exactly as it should. I will try an attach a screenshot tonight of the working copy, but I am attaching a screenshot of the "broken" window for reference.

My working theory at this point is that the oversized powershell window/failure to embed correctly is tied to multiple monitors, while a single monitor system does not seem to experience the issue. I wish I had another system or 2 to confirm it, but I don't at this point. If you guys could confirm or deny it for me, I'd really appreciate it :-)

I did more playing around while I was working on this email, and I did find something very odd - when I moved RDM to a different monitor (different size) and relaunched the ps window, it worked fine. When I brought it back, it worked fine. When I closed it and relaunched it on the original monitor, it failed again. Resizing it a few times/dragging it back and forth seems to "fix" it?

David F.

RDM_Oversized_Powershell_Window_1.png - shows the bottom of the window on the left, and how the prompt is missing (it's actually "offscreen")
RDM_Oversized_Powershell_Window_2.png - shows the result of a get-childitem on a long directory in this window. The screen buffer just continually repeats itself until you do something *else* in the window, and then it straightens itself out.
RDM_Oversized_Powershell_Window_3.png - another instance of the issue in the #2 picture.
RDM_Oversized_Powershell_Window_4.png - shows that the scroll bar is missing on the window, which I believe is tied to the problem.
RDM_Oversized_Powershell_Window_5.png - shows the error I get on my work machine here when I first load the ps window

Here is the error text (copy & paste) just in case...

Resize PowerShell buffer and window size
Exception setting "BufferSize": "Cannot set the buffer size because the size specified is too large or too small.
Parameter name: value
Actual value was 192,4000."
At line:3 char:1
+ $Host.UI.RawUI.BufferSize = new-object System.Management.Automation.H ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (smile [], SetValueInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExceptionWhenSetting

Loading RDM CmdLet (Module)

The single letters were just an example.. the folders I'll be using definitely have names longer than that :-)

But, I will give this a shot in the morning. Thank you!

David F.

It would be very helpful to add enumerations to the powershell module.
Primarily, I was thinking about the credential types..

I was thinking about something like:

[rdm.credentialtype]:Big Grinefault
[rdm.credentialtype]::Parent
[rdm.credentialtype]::Inherited
[rdm.credentialtype]::None
[rdm.credentialtype]::Prompt
[rdm.credentialtype]::Personal
[rdm.credentialtype]::PrivateVaultWithPersonalID
[rdm.credentialtype]::PrivateVaultWithSearchString

etc..

It'd probably be helpful to have enums for the various types of connections.. like
[rdm.connectiontype]::RDP
[rdm.connectiontype]::ICA
[rdm.connectiontype]::VNC
[rdm.connectiontype]::Browser

the third one I can think of would be enums for the built-in icons..

David F.

2 yrs Powershell Module - Add Enumerations

Thank you. I will add my suggestion to the Feature Requests...

David F.

I'm still beating my head against the wall trying to understand how to use the powershell module to recursively create a folder structure with the RDP sessions in it.

Basically, I'm going to have a list of folders to input with a data structure like this:
folder1a/folder2a/folder3a
folder1a/folder2a/folder3a/folder4a
folder1b/folder2b/folder3b
folder1b/folder2b/folder3b/folder4b/folder5b
folder1c/folder2c

All of those will reside under the "correct" parent folder.. i.e.
a/folder1a/folder2a/folder3a
b/folder1b/folder2b/folder3b etc..

And each of those folders may have a series of RDP sessions to add based on retrieving the names from an outside source. (I can do the retrieval very easily).

I think can precreate the main parent folders..
'a','b','c' | foreach-object {
$Session = New-RDMSession -Name $_ -Type Group
$Session.ConnectionCredentialID = [guid]'1310CF82-6FAB-4B7A-9EEA-3E2E451CA2CF'
Set-RDMSession -Session $Session -Refresh
}
Update-RDMUI

But I can't really figure out how to create those folder structures beneath them.. I constantly get errors about the parent not existing..
Unfortunately, the whole structure for the new module still just does not make sense to me.

RDM Enterprise, 64bit, local data source,
v14.1.1.0

PS.. it would be awesome if you guys would add an enum for the credential types.. something like [rdm.credentialtype]::Inherited, [rdm.credentialtype]::Personal etc..

Thank you all again :-)

David F.