Forum

Posts by anmeldungen_mn@outlook.com (anmeldungen_mn@outlook.com)

Hey guys,

is it possible to edit the SSH Gateway (jump host) hostname for multiple entries as a batch edit? If so, how could this be done?

Regards,
Martin

12 mths Batch edit - SSH Gateway (jump host)

Hey Maurice,

from what I've read, this Python SDK is just for Devolutions Password Server.

Right now, we're just using Remote Desktop Manager, in combination with MS-SQL, to handle our connections (maybe credentials as well in the future). Could we install a kind of service with API for RDM, too? Or is it a must have to use DPS?

Regards

2 yrs Web service / REST api

Hey guys,

beside the Python SDK - is there another way of using a restfull api? Just for example some use cases:

- Inserting new connections, launched via ansible
- Import and export of passwords and server information via Jenkins

Right now, we're inserting new connections directly into the MS SQL db...but for passwords this isn't the best idea...especially for password extraction.

Regards

2 yrs Web service / REST api

Hey David,

no, the user isn't existing in the database. Do I have to create every user manually?

Regards, Martin

2 yrs Synchronize two data sources

Erica Poirier wrote:

Hello,

Please consult the following post on our forum. If you are familiar with PowerShell, you will find a PowerShell script to help you for the migration of you data source and this include users and roles.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic27670-remote-desktop-manager-powershell-functions.aspx

Best regards,

Hey Erica,

I'm using your powershell functions. While importing users, I get the error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find the login 'xxxDomain\xxxUser', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbDataParameter[] parameters, Int32 commandTimeout)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerSecuritySubDataSource.ce57bff8d1ddc8948a77dee461f378db8(UserEntity cf98b881282579a38f0d3820b4755fa4a)
ClientConnectionId:b65fb625-abd8-4b3d-9e1f-c6d7f25df9c3
Error Number:15151,State:1,Class:16

My user is sysadmin on the MSSQL machine and authorized via AD. The users from the export list are not created within the DB. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Best regards

Hey Mark,

that's alright and sufficent for me. Nevertheless, due the DB export/import to another data source, the matching between user and roles got lost. Do you know how to fix this without manual action for 100 users? wink
Regards

Hey guys,

we have a data source in a on premise database and wanna migrate to aws. I've already copied the database/roles etc to an ec2 instance with mssql running. Is there the possibility to synchronise data source 1 and data source 2 (only the windows/putty/scp entries) continously till we can shut down the old server and switch to the new one?

Regards

Hey Min,

indeed, this method is working. I configured the commands slightly for my needs:
(if anyone else has problems like this heres the code)

# Just changing windows and unix entries - skipping SCP, S3, folder etc.
if ($connection.ConnectionType -eq "RDPConfigured" -or $connection.ConnectionType -eq "SSHShell" -or $connection.ConnectionType -eq "Putty")
{
# custom field 1
if ($connection.MetaInformation.CustomField1Title -eq $null -or $connection.MetaInformation.CustomField1Title -eq "" )
{
$connection.MetaInformation.CustomField1Title = "service_description"
}

if ($connection.MetaInformation.CustomField1Value -eq $null -or $connection.MetaInformation.CustomField1Value -eq "" )
{
$connection.MetaInformation.CustomField1Value = "unknown"
}

#if values have to be changed
#$connection.MetaInformation.CustomField5Value = $connection.MetaInformation.CustomField5Value -replace "testValue1","testValue1"

$RDM.Save();
}

Thank you very much for answering quickly!

Let's try on Monday some more complex queries wink

Regards,
Martin

2 yrs Custom Fields & Batch Edit

Hey guys,

right now, the only option is to batch ALL edit custom fields at the same time. Let's estimate that I have about 400 entries. Is there the possibility to add a cuistom field 1 with a specific value to EVERY entry without touching other custom fields like number 2/3/4/5?

Aaaand in addition to this: it would be great if there were the option "with overwrite". For example I have 3 entries. Two of them already have values in custom field 1 and the third one don't have any values. I would like to select all three servers and just edit the value with option "dont overwrite"....this could make the handling a lot easier.

I've already tried to look into the database, take the Connections table, parse it to XML, insert the custom fields and write it back to an nvarchar entry within the connection table....this method failed badly upset

Regards

2 yrs Custom Fields & Batch Edit

Hey guys,

I'm trying to add new users via RDM. My account is administrator but i receive everytime the error "Unable to save the user in the database! User does not have permission to perform this action!". I have also db_owner rights in the mssql database. I' m working with v11.6.0.0.

Could you help me solving this issue?

With regards, Martin

4 yrs Cant add new users via RDM

Hello guys,

I've tested the batch load from inventory. Something didn't work. I always got the following message "Error getting WMI Scope". For a single instance over the menu "properties > more > load from inventory" everything is fine.

Which credentials do the batch load use? I tried it 5 minutes ago for three servers in a batch, got the error code from above and locked my AD account because of using 3 times a false password....seems that there's some trouble..

Regards
Martin

5 yrs Get information through XML Query

Hey Hubert,

even better news! (: The information field for the drives is working good. Thank you so far for your work!

Regards
Martin

Hey Hubert,

thanks for the information and the quick response! These features are especially important for building a small CMDB and getting an overview of the IT landscape.

I'll try them in the next version and give you a short feedback smile

With regards
Martin

Hey David,

the export of the additional information would be nice to have. Are there any plans for improving the Inventory stuff? For example take the information about the disks from the inventory report and write/save it in field hardware details. With some code there would be the possibility to run every night a batch update for inventory information in order to have the most recent data for a quick overview.

Regards Martin

Hi all,

I gathered some important information regarding the server hardware with your new feature "load from inventory". Now, I want to have an export where I can see my servers together with hostname, CPUs, memory etc.
The goal is to create an excel sheet with this information. I found the location of the needed information inside the database:

SELECT TOP 1000 [GroupName],[Name],[DATA]
FROM [Devolutions2].[dbo].[Connections]
ORDER BY GroupName

My problem is that the table [Devolutions2].[dbo].[Connections].[DATA] stores everything in XML. How can I query stuff like Architecture, Cpu, Domain and IP? I just wanna seperate the XML field into different columns. After that the data export is no problem. Do you have an example how to query that stuff?

Regards Martin

P.S.: Is it possible to execute "load from inventory" for every server with just one command?