Forum

Posts by tvalentine@vizionsolutions.com (tvalentine@vizionsolutions.com)

@Stefane, thanks for the quick response and info. It does make sense that DPS supports it since its a server product and doesn't have the added challenge of distributing service account credentials to a client side application in a secure fashion.

2 yrs SQL-permissions for RDM

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same questions but with Azure SQL instead of on-premise SQL. I set the users up using O365 with MFA support (we are using free MFA with O365), but the users have way too high a level of permissions on the data source. Why not just use O365 to validate the username/identity of the user, but then still use an RDM service account (like custom login option does) to actually make the database connection? I don't want to have to switch to custom login and give users another username/password to remember and also lose our MFA with O365. In other words, I think it would be a good idea to split RDM and data source credentials into two settings, the same way custom login works, but allow other auth mechanisms instead of just a username/password for user authentication.

2 yrs SQL-permissions for RDM

I found similar requests for this in the forum, but not exactly the same.

We'd like the ability to override the VPN connection name. Ex. One user creates a Windows VPN connection on their computer for Client A called "Client A", and another user creates the same connection on their computer called "Client A VPN"... since the names do not match up the connection only works the user with name that matches whats in RDM. I suppose we could train the users to look in RDM first and make sure they create a connection with the same name, but it would be nice if it was possible in RDM.

We've also found that different users have different VPN connection preferences. Some want the VPN to connect automatically if ping fails, others want to do it manually. It would be nice if this was could be overridden in the user specific settings.

5 yrs user specific VPN name and connection preferences