Forum

Posts by Breakingcustom (Breakingcustom)

Works for me.

6 mths Need Master Key?

It's asking for a master key, but I never created one. When clicking on "Forgot your key?" it then says you have to be re-invited. Was this key listed somewhere in an email? I did receive an email titled "Devolutions Hub - Welcome", but all the body said was "See HTML Version". There was nothing to click on.

6 mths Need Master Key?

No worries, was just checking back in.

Might be something to look at a roadmap of things development is working on for RDM. Kind of like how Microsoft does it with Microsoft 365.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=

10 mths Pull in Hardware/Software/etc information when importing using the Spiceworks Wizard.

I'm assuming this feature got shot down?

11 mths Pull in Hardware/Software/etc information when importing using the Spiceworks Wizard.

Just checking back since you're still unable to do anything in RDM when running an Inventory Report.

11 mths Inability to do anything in RDM when doing an Inventory Report

Could even go farther and look at Microsoft Teams integration.

11 mths SharePoint Document and List integration

I'm in the same boat. It is missing the first character of the username when doing the automatic login.

2 yrs Weird problem: "Unable to send the credentials." (VPN)

When will people be notified if they were accepted for the beta? Believe I filled the form out a few days ago. Thanks.

2 yrs Run as a service, Remote Login

Is there anyway to show more than the default fields under Overview when you click on an entry that is a "Software/Serial"?

Right now, there is just Group/Software/Version/Licensed To/Associated Email/Serial. It would be nice to show the quantity or any of the other fields without having to go to the Properties of the entry.

2 yrs Visible fields for Software/Serials

It would be nice to have the ability to create a shortcut of a folder. Entry option is the only thing you can create a shortcut with.

2 yrs Ability to create a shortcut to a Folder.

Is there any way to have any machine that I ran an Inventory Report against to automatically update the IP address? I'll go to do a WoL to a machine and while the MAC address is listed, the IP is wrong. It would be nice to be able to synchronize DHCP to any applicable entries.

2 yrs IP Address Auto Update in Inventory

Maybe I'm having a brainfart, but wouldn't your servers automatically be listed in alphabetical order without touching Sort? So PS1, PS2, PS3, etc would stay in that order.

2 yrs User Interface - Sort Order

Still haven't had a chance to test this yet. Just wanted to give you an update.

2 yrs Too Many Entries for Online Drive?

I'll test here shortly since I'm currently using OD4B right now instead of Online Drive (did this last night). I'll switch back to Online Drive and try it out and let you know.

It is 3.14MB.

Currently I set it up to use Onedrive for Business as the Data Source location using XML to see if that would speed things up.

I can tell you a majority of the entries are probably folders since I create templates for Servers/Switches/Firewalls/Virtualization/etc.

For example the VENDOR_TEMPLATE I have looks like the following:

Vendor Name
- Contacts
- Logins
- Documentation
- Software/Licenses

So right there you have 5 entries. So even with 50 vendors you have 250 entries and no actual sessions/attachments/documents/etc.

Is there a recommend max # of entries to be used for Online Drive? It has basically become unusable where after making any change takes 10 seconds for the program to free up. Also, if I don't use the program for a few minutes and go back it takes a few seconds for it to respond.

Btw, I have 1893 entries.

I can confirm from my installation that I see the same thing. Running 13.5.4.

2 yrs Clearing the filter

Any updates on this?

2 yrs Inability to do anything in RDM when doing an Inventory Report

What about the ability to see both displays at the same time?

2 yrs Multiple Displays

+1

2 yrs Run as a service, Remote Login

While it's great you get the ability to customize your RDM, it would be extremely nice to see it in real-time. Kind of a pain to making a bunch of setting changes.

2 yrs Ability to view in real-time changes made in Options.

Is there a reason why you can't select anything after you start an Inventory report for an item? I just had one where it took probably 3-5 minutes for it to complete and during that time I can't do anything.

2 yrs Inability to do anything in RDM when doing an Inventory Report

Will do.

3 yrs Name of folder doesn't change when utilizing a template.

I created a template called "TEMPLATE_SERVER" and when I add from the template, it creates the new folder but for some reason the name still says TEMPLATE_SERVER although the object itself is the correct name (the one I listed when add from the template).

I've attached a screenshot.

I'm running 13.0.3.0.

3 yrs Name of folder doesn't change when utilizing a template.

It would be nice when you do a Spiceworks import that it pulled in information it has on the machine just like it would if you ran an Inventory Report. So you would have information on the hardware, software, contact info, etc for that machine.

3 yrs Pull in Hardware/Software/etc information when importing using the Spiceworks Wizard.

No biggie, I only have one client that uses it luckily. I sell Sophos firewalls so luckily they just use OpenVPN which makes things a lot easier.

3 yrs Palo Alto GlobalProtect script

Also with the PaloAltoClose.ahk shouldn't there be some parameter that "Disconnects" the VPN session?

I'm getting "Win32Exception - The system cannot find the file specified".

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.VPNOpeners.VPNCustomOpener.c8f52be6e3e016b2653a6440e08cc4ae7(Connection c11777b2865ab7cf712fd453f27da2541)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.VPNOpeners.VPNCustomOpener.Open(Connection vpn)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.VPNManager.OpenVPN(Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.VPNConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.c2d3a897d165d9e56a0d53f388986ac51(Connection[] cfabc0254f46d7d8ae5a71db9e5a0b5b5, OpenConnectionMode c602973c05c2f5870e41c508b048b13c5, IConnectionSource c5b7a41272702648f46cf77ee6b3a92cb)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnections(OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, IConnectionSource source, Boolean checkOpenedConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SessionMenuManager.c552f6de7933b91b08a4107f7410f30d0(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.PerformClick()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.FreDashBoardBase.ButtonOnClick(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Chris Childerhose wrote:

Just as I thought worked fine on Windows 7 PC to download and install. So I copied it over and installed on Windows 10. Must be something in this causing the issue and will keep an eye on it. Also submit it as possible bug to Feedback Hub in Windows 10.

I was having the same issue although I was able to get the download link to work. This is the URL I got when clicking the link:

http://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.12.0.1.0.exe%3C/blockquote%3E#_ga=1.77918866.709555809.1480729738

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview (Build 14971.rs_rerelease.161111-1700). Was using Chrome was well for my browser.

3 yrs Remote Desktop Manager 12 (Beta)

After reading my first post I realized I didn't phrase it right.

When I start my laptop and login the OpenVPN-Gui.exe is already set to start. So with the application already opened when I try to initiate a VPN session from RMD it gives me "SSL VPN Client already running". Trying to get it so it doesn't matter if the client is already opened or not. Is this possible?

4 yrs Ability to have OpenVPN open before opening VPN session?