Forum

Posts by henning.hauschel@compdata.de (henning.hauschel@compdata.de)

Hi Min,

here are the details about our environment:

• VCenter 5.1
  • ESXi 5.1
  • View Server 5.1.1
  • View Agent 6.2.0
  • Windows 10 (1703 15063.729)

Thanks.

Regards,
Henning

2 yrs VMware Horizon view // Reset network connection

Hi,

running RDM on a "regular" VM is no problem. It seems to be a problem on Horizon view.
RDM is running on Windows 10 in VMVView.

Regards,
Henning

Hi Maurice,

I don´t think, that the feature requested in my post 2 years ago (https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=24917) still exists.

I´ve setup a very simple test environment (MS SQL Server)
2017+11+30+08+50+54+cd+rdm01+++Remotedesktopverbindung

and flagged Customer A and Customer B as favorite
2017+11+30+08+51+42+cd+rdm01+++Remotedesktopverbindung

And this is, what my favorites look like in version 12.5.4.0
2017+11+30+08+53+27+CompData+++RemoteDesktopManager+%5bDashboard%5d
2017+11+30+08+55+15+cd+rdm01+++Remotedesktopverbindung

Still hoping for good news from you.

Best regards,
Henning

2 yrs Favorites - TreeView 13.0.5.0

Hi David,

our support agents are working on VMware Horizon View systems. Therefore, they start RDM in a virtualized environment.
In the moment of RDM-startup, the network connection is reset by RDM. It seems as if RDM checks the network-adapters available on the system.
This is no problem on physical systems, but on those virtualized clients the connection is lost in that moment.

No chance to work with RDM on Horizon view.

Best regards,
Henning

Hello Maurice,

thanks for your reply. That are absolutely no good news for us.
Maybe there is a way, to enable personal favorites again, as this is very important for all of our users.
Shared favorites means a copy of all our session in the favorites-tab; that doesn´t make any sense.

We are using MS SQL Server as data source type.

Hoping for good news from you,
Henning

Hi Devolutions-Team,

in a post 2 years ago (https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=24917), I asked for a feature to show favorites in treeview.
Devolutions-like, the feature was provided with an update. Everything worked fine.

Today I updated RDM to Version 13.0.5.0 an my treeview-mode in favorites is gone.
Is there a parameter, I didn´t get so far? Did you drop that feature?

Tanks for your support.

Regards,
Henning

Hi Devolutions-Team,

we´re using RDM on VMware Horizon View systems. In some cases RDM resets the network connection on startup and this means, that the client looses connection to the VMware Horizon Host -> Client-shutdown

Is this a known issue? Any idea, why this happens?

Regards,
Henning

Hi David

A remote session would be great.
When do we want to meet and how?

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs Keyboard latency with RDM running

Hi,

that is not, what I wanted to "hear" upset

Is there a chance to bypass the local cache or at least to speed it up without using repositories.
We can´t split all those connections into different repositories.
This means, the user has to determine, which repository to load before

• adding new connections
  • supporting the customer

Our users won´t accept that We just started to "love" RDM but this is crap. Sorry.

Regards,
Henning

Hi Jeff,

this means, that RDM needs to work with those repositories to speed up?

Are there any best practices to split up existing databases/sessions? These 23000 sessions are just the beginning.
I don´t think, that this is an unusual number of sessions in RDM. Is it?!

We are working with 10 different support-teams (e.g. ERP, HR, Accounting, ...) on RDM, serving several hunderts of customers. Each team needs access to any customer-session in RDM. So I can´t splitt my sessions based on teams, products or anything like that. Can you please check if you have any best practices available. Only idea is to setup repositories like Customers A-D, E-G, and so on.
In that case it could be helpful, to search across all repositories. Any idea on that?

I checked out those repositories in my test environment.

• After exporting entries and importing them in a new repository the user-specific settings are missing. Is that right?
  • Templates are not available across the different repositories
  • Search is only available in the current "connection" not across repositories

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Henning

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your support.

Regards,
Henning

Hi Devolutions-Team.

some of our users (Win 10, RDM 12.5.4.0) experience a keyboard latency while running RDM.
Sometimes it takes up to 3 seconds, to send a keystroke to the display.
Logging off from RDM solves this issue.

Is there any option to turn on/off, to bypass this situation?

RDM is generally slow in our environment. Are there any tuning-tipps available?

Best regards,
Henning

Hi Nicolas,

please find attached the number of entries.

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs App loading data indefinitely, then crashes

Hello Maurice,

yes, it´s for MS SQL Server as well.
Where/how can I get the number of entries for my instance?

Best regards,
Henning

Hi Devolutions-Team,

we have the same problem as in this 9 month old post by Milan Petrovic:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26592-connections-not-shown-refreshes-indefinetly-sql-server-data-source.aspx

The app shows "Loading data" and then it crashes.

Are there any new insights, how to get the app working with a large number of connections?

Thank you so much for your support.

Regards,
Henning

Hi,

this could be a possible and easy way. But it leads to the fact, that all sessions are copied as well, so that these information is duplicated but not synced.

Idea #1: New option "Only Groups/folders" in the "Copy Options"-Dialog

Idea #2: New option in "Credentials" to directly create new credentials in the private vault. This optioncreates the same structure as the credential creation in the public credential repository.

Is there a way to do this in RDM?

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs Copy/sync session structure to private vault

I cannot say, if anyone needs the current function. So an additional button could be helpful or maybe another parameter to individually set this behavior.

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs Add credential in repository

Hi,

is there a way to copy/sync the structure of the public sessions to the private vault?
As we manage rather large infrastructures and somtimes need to organize the credentials in the private vaults of some users, it would be helpful to organize theses credentials in the same structure as the sessions.

Maybe there is a script to do this by right-clicking the session-structure?
Any idea on that?

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs Copy/sync session structure to private vault

Hi,

is there a way to set user specific settings in a TeamViewer-session?
The reason for this is, that the TV-session is defined in the public sessions but the password to access the TV will be defined in the private vault of specific users?

Is this possible in RDM?

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs TeamViewer // User Specific Settings

Hi,

when adding new credentials to the integrated credential repository there are a few clicks to much to put them in the right Group/Folder.

Could you please think about a button "Add in Current Group" in the dialog "Credential List", to fill the "Group/folder"-Property in the "Credentials"-Dialog by a single click? Using the "Current Group"-Button in the "Group/Folder"-Dialog is possible but needs more time to create new credentials.

Regards,
Henning

3 yrs Add credential in repository

Hi David,

any news on this topic?

Regards

4 yrs Disable items in context menu

Hi David,
hi Maurice,

thank you so much for your support.

Regards

4 yrs Favorites - TreeView

Hi Maurice,

thanks for the prompt reply on my topic.

I don´t think, that your solution solves my problem, though it´s a good idea.
As I cannot create shortcuts on groups, I have to "shortcut" every single entry in my sessions. Btw that´s what I meant by "Link the whole Customer-Groups"

RemoteDesktopManager+%5bDashboard%5d+1635

In the screenshot you can see, that the servers of different customers are named BROKER01. If I create a shortcut on these entries, I get two BROKER01 in my favorite-Folder...

That means, that I would have to rebuild the whole customer-structure in my Favoriten-Group. That is a lot of work to do...

Why is there no possibility to create shortcuts on groups?
I think, that would help.

Best regards,
Henning

Hi Devolutions-Team,

we are managing several hundreds of customers in our RemoteDesktopManager, all organized by Customer and Location, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

RemoteDesktopManager+%5bDashboard%5d

Some customers are served by different teams (they use more than one of our applications - Application A, D, E, G), others only by specific teams (they use only one of our applications - Application A). Using the SecurityGroups-function allows us to explicitly define the customers served only by a specific team (Application A), so that only the users in that team can see those entries.

Customers, that are served by multiple teams (Application A, D, E, G) are in a more global SecurityGroup and therefore they are available to all users. And that makes the Treeview a little bit confusing to the users. We´d like our support-teams to only see the users, they are working on.

That means, that we would have to design very complex SecurityGroup-Structures in order to show/hide the customers to the serving team, e.g.
Application A yes, B no, C no, D yes, E yes, F yes, G no in every possible combination of our applications. If a customer buys the next application we`d have to change the SecurityGroup in the customer´s root...

We thought about using the Favorites, but there is no treeview to represent the whole group structure of our customers. The favorites only display single entries.
Another idea was to Link the whole Customer-Groups to application-specific groups for our teams. Unfortunately groups cannot be linked, only single entries.

Could this be a great new feature or is there any workaroung available for our problem?

Thanks for your support

We need a very clean item structure. Therefore every action in a group-context should be diasbled for users, that should not edit/add groups. Editing/adding sessions should be possible according to the security settings.

5 yrs Disable items in context menu

Hiding all options would be great, but options for these entries would be fine right now:

Duplicate Entry

Add -> Add Group/Folder

Edit -> Group/Folder
Edit -> Move to another Group/Folder
Edit -> Delete Group
Edit -> Rename Group/Folder

Regards,
Henning

Hi David,

I m looking for a way to disable individual items in the context-menu, e.g."Duplicate entry".
Is there any way to do this in RDM?

I found some options to disable some group-elements but no option for single items.

Regards,
Henning

We are using Docusnap (http://www.docusnap.com/en/) for Network Inventory and IT Documentation.
Is there a way to import those Docusnap-Inventories to RemoteDesktopManager?

5 yrs Import Docusnap Inventory/Documentation

We are using (DELL) Aventail VPN to connect to our customer environments.
Is there a way to use/configure these connections in RemoteDesktopManager?

5 yrs Aventail VPN Connection