Posts by grberk (grberk)

grberk
grberk

Well, shoot. That stinks. <sigh>

Thanks for the info.

9 mths LastPass Enterprise w AD Federation
grberk
grberk

What about if I'm using the LastPass Windows client that runs in the system tray? I haven't used that for a long time, but if it runs in the background like KeepPass, wouldn't that work the same way?

grberk
grberk

We just started using LastPass Enterprise where I work, and I have my RDM credential repositories set with one that points to my personal LastPass vault, and my team's KeepPass password vault that we had been using to share passwords. Now that we're on LastPass Enterprise, we're moving the passwords over there from KeePass. The problem with this for me is that we also use AD Federation for logging in to our LastPass accounts, and that doesn't seem to let me add our new shared repository into RDM.

I put in a support ticket, and I was asked if I could login to my LastPass account in the web to get to my vault, and I could use this in integrated mode in RDM for a credential repository. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm unable to login this way.

I'm pretty bummed that I can't connect to LastPass now this way. Is this something that can be fixed in a future version?

grberk
grberk

I know this may seem nitpicky, but I don't want the RDM icon pinned to my taskbar. I have it on the start menu, and it's set to automatically start with Windows, so I have access to it from the system tray as well.

Every time I do an update, I always uncheck the box for the icon to be on the quick-launch bar (is this considered the task bar in Windows 10?), and when the update is complete, low and behold, there the icon is again, pinned to the taskbar. Every single time. Without fail.

Can this be fixed or changed?

2 yrs After update, icon is pinned to taskbar
grberk
grberk

It's with Google Authenticator.

4 yrs LastPass credential repository with Android client?
grberk
grberk

Thanks for the quick response! I'm OK with waiting until the final version comes out.

grberk
grberk

Yes it does

grberk
grberk

I tried connecting to a linux box, and got SSH terminal #9 PasswordAuthenticationDenied, or sometimes I get "An unexpected error has occured. Please check the execution log". Where do I find that log?

I tried connecting to a VNC connection and got on to that host without issues.

I tried connecting to a Windows server and got authentication denied errors on that as well.

All of these connections worked fine before I switched to the LastPass authentication.

grberk
grberk

I finally setup LastPass to bridge the credentials in my LastPass vault with my connections in RDM. It works splendidly. But now that I've changed all of my RDM connections to use the LastPass credentials, I can't connect to anything on my Android client on my phone!

Did I set something up incorrectly, or does this not work (yet)? If it doesn't work, is there a timeline for when it will? I hate to undo what I just did, but I really need to be able to login from my Android client.

grberk
grberk

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. That was it. Thanks! Sorry I missed that in the help documents.

6 yrs Issues with embedded puTTY session
grberk
grberk

I have version 9.2.10.0 of RDM, and I also have TeamViewer installed. I noticed that when the TeamViewer client (v 9.0.28223) is running in the background, and I connected to one of Linux servers via Telnet/SSH, that the embedded window would detach and open up behind the RDM window.

If I shut down the TeamViewer app, everything works fine.

6 yrs Issues with embedded puTTY session
grberk
grberk

I am pretty sure that when I click on the "Launch RDP" button in our app that it directly calls MSTSC.exe with the paramaters of the currently selected host. I would have to check with the developer and see for sure.

It would be nice to be able to choose the default handler for RDP connections like we do with http, ftp, telnet, etc... and have them go to the program of our choice.

In my case, there probably isn't much I can do. Your application is not an authorized application where I work (but it should be - I will have to work on getting others to see the power of RDM), so getting anyone to make changes to our app to accommodate RDM are pretty much non-existant. I am the only one where I work that uses it.

I'll do my best to spread the word about it. :-)
edited by grberk on 1/22/2013

7 yrs Default RDP client?
grberk
grberk

Yo! Anyone! Hello? No response? Where is support? Is this even possible?

grberk
grberk

I use an application/database to manage servers that I work on (homegrown by some developers that I work with). It's a fantastic app, and it works great. It has a button to click on to launch the RDP client with the server I am currently looking at in the database. Is there any way to get RDM to be the default client to load up with that server as a quick connect session? I would much rather have the servers load up in RDM instead of the default RDP client because I have multiple windows (sometimes over a dozen or so) at the same time, and it drives me crazy! I would be so happy if I could get the connect button to launch a quick connect session in RDM, so I could have all of my sessions inside of one application window.

If you tell me that the developers would have to re-tool their app to look for RDM, that is not going to be a solution for me, because I am one of about a dozen members on my team that use RDM (the others just won't embrace anything 3rd party), and it's my own choice to use it (although I think the entire support team should be using it!). I can continue to copy and paste the server name from the database into RDM, but I would REALLY like to have it tie together seamlessly.

Is this even a possibility to do?
edited by grberk on 12/13/2012