Forum

Posts by sam@ponders.me (sam@ponders.me)

Hello Erica,

Were you able to gather any information from the engineering team regarding the document searching?

Thanks
Sam

2 yrs Document Searching in 13.6.1

Actually... I was able to get it to show up after resetting layout...

However, it does go away with using our on-prem DVLS. Not compatible?

We noticed in the release notes that you added document searching in 13.6

But where is it?

Thanks,
Sam

Thanks Mathieu... and when say the next release, are you talking the next release of the iOS App or DVLS?

2 yrs RDM iPad/iPhone App & two factor

Support Team,

I am not sure if this should be in the RDM forums or the DVLS forums, so here goes.

On our DVLS, we have radius two factor configured and it works well with RDM. However, with the iPad/iPhone app it will not prompt for the radius validation code, and therefore will not load any connections.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround to make radius two-factor work with the iOS app?

Thanks,
Sam

2 yrs RDM iPad/iPhone App & two factor

Great. Thank you Stefane for all your help.

2 yrs Moving Backend SQL Database

We are going to be moving the SQL backend of our DVLS to another SQL cluster. Is there anything we should be cautious about or gotcha's that have come up from other people moving the database?

It appears its as simple as pointing to the new database server in the DVLS config.

Thoughts, comments?

Thanks,
Sam

2 yrs Moving Backend SQL Database

Thanks. Got it all working. Fixed a user issue we were having too. smile

3 yrs RDM 13 Supported with the latest DVLS?

David,

What should be the upgrade order to take DVLS to 4.7?

Support Team,
Just wondering if our DVLS users can upgrade to ver. 13 of RDM?

we are using version 4.5 of DVLS

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sébastien,

Yes, the \\ works for me as well for a work-around.

Thanks and look forward to the resolution.

3 yrs Devolutions Client: Internal Server Error

I PM'd it to you

yes...

domain\username

Scratch that... it fixed the 500 error, but still unable to log in.

------------------------------------
The following error was received by a user at 1/4/2017 8:27:27 AM
Error:
NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.v2.BackendApiController.Login2(HttpRequestMessage request, JObject requestData, Boolean partialMode) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\Server\Website\Controllers\APIControllers\BackendApiController.Login.cs:line 261 at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext() --- Default
Source:
Devolutions.Server

Erica,

Thank you. That fixed it for us.

I also upgraded this morning from 4.0.3 to 4.0.6 and getting the same error.

With that said...It only appears to me to be affecting the web browser UI. I have been able to connect via the RDM client and the iOS app.

Hello Support Team,

Our team was wondering if you have added notifications for To-Do lists?

Thanks,
Sam

3 yrs Todo List Notifications

doh... didn't even think about that. Just noticed that the keyboard was a different layout for the username field.

Thanks

4 yrs iOS missing \ from username field

Dev. Team...
In the iOS app when setting up a Devolutions Server connection, the \ is missing from the keyboard for the username field. This makes it harder to use the format of domain\username.

Workaround is to type it in anther field and copy and paste it to the username field.
Version 1.2.3
Please let me know if you have any questions about what we are experiencing.
Thanks,
Sam

4 yrs iOS missing \ from username field

Thanks for the information David. Most (if not all) of us are running 11.1.0.0.

Jean-François, I will have the users that are experiencing the issue run the profiler and will get back to you.

4 yrs General Maintenance for the Devolutions Server

One thing to point out Jean-François, is that other members of our team are not having this issue... Only Travis.

4 yrs RDM hangs when opening sesson with Cisco Anyconnect

Maurice... any update on the use of our own internal radius server?

4 yrs 2 Factor Authentication

I was curious if there is any proactive server maintenance that will help keep the Devolutions Server running optimal. We have about 11 users on ours and some are noticing some speed issues.
Is there any tweaks that will increase the performance?

Thanks,
Sam

4 yrs General Maintenance for the Devolutions Server

great thanks for the update.

4 yrs A 2nd admin can't add a new security group.

ok.. more troubleshooting....

he was creating it through the web client....

via RDM it works perfect

When he adds one it gets an ID of "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" which is obviously incorrect.

When I add the group, it works fine. I have a feeling it's something I did incorrectly. Since we are not auto creating users.

I can send in logs if you need it.

gotcha.. Thanks for the clarification Maurice.

From that section I thought every user needed to be added in order to access the data that was stored in SQL.

Thanks!!!

4 yrs Creating domain users in database manually

Hi Erica,
ok... I'm not communicating this well enough. Let me try again.
Online Help > How-To > How to Configure Devolutions Server to use integrated security > How to Grant Access to SQL Server instance
Per this section above, under the permissions section.. there is this statement....
"For instance you could decide to not allow to create administrators through the instance, but only through a direct SQL connection. Please contact us to discuss these scenarios."
I'm contacting you to discuss this... I've been a solid local RDM users for 6+ years. We are trying out the DVLS, but our DBA team will not allow auto account creation in SQL. Part of this is due to our SQL design, we have a SQL clustered environment and the access has to be granted on each of the SQL nodes. We can only directly grant permissions to the SQL instance from inside the SQL mgmt. console.
What is the procedure to manual grant a domain user for the DVLS SQL instance?
I look forward for a response.
Best Regards,
Sam

Hello Erica,

We are authenticating with our domain and we do NOT have the "Auto Create domain users in database" checked. So therefor DVLS is not creating the users that are added in the DVLS console.

Please let me know.
Sam

Devolutions Team,
Due to internal security policies we will not allow the auto creation of account in the database..
Could you please provide the steps to add user and set permissions in SQL 2012 SP2?

Thanks,
Sam