Forum

Posts by Chaddd (Chaddd)

Chaddd
Chaddd

I am just revisiting this software again and I have a question about design/usage.

Is it expected that users will be using the RDM locally, have RDMS installed, and use the client on a workstation to connect to the .db on RDMS? Or is it expected that users will be connecting directly to the RDMS?

My ideal design for this would be RDM -> RDMS -> to a pre-created SQL instance on another server. Instead of being setup as SA, I would want to use an AD service account that was a dbo on that instance. Would that work just fine?
edited by Chaddd on 1/17/2013

8 yrs Design question
Chaddd
Chaddd

Hello,

I am about to setup this product for our server group and I have a couple of questions.

Step 7: For authentication. Is this a Service account that is running the application or us authenticating against the application(AD) to see if we have privileges to launch it? For the domain server, are we just pointing to a LDAP/DC server?

Step 9: What do the email settings for this do? Is this asking to use an account for exchange? Is this asking for a SMTP server to bounce off against, and if so, what would I use for the usr/pwd?

~Thanks

8 yrs A couple of setup questions