Forum

Posts by VirTechSystems (VirTechSystems)

Awesome, that's good to hear.

Thanks for checking on these for me!

Chris

4 mths Repositories

Hey Etienne,

That is correct. We are looking to have credentials filled independent of the repository they are in. Almost like they are all in the same vault.

As for the other one, we were looking to shortcut entries in different vaults, but I think that can be resolved with different organization and security groups within the vaults.

Also, I don't see that vault shortcut option. Is that in an upcoming release?

Thanks,

Chris

4 mths Repositories

Hey, we recently separated the majority of our connections and credentials into repositories (smaller data sets to work with).

Everything is OK, so far, but the biggest problem we have is with the browser plugin.

Is there a way to have the browser plugin look for credentials independent of the repository it's in?

Also, is there any way to create shortcuts between repositories?

Thanks,

Chris

4 mths Repositories

Looks like rebuilding the cache did it.

Thanks.

9 mths Lost Private Vault

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for the report.

As we can see in the report, you are using RDM 13.5.8.0, but the database version is at 414.

Usually, with this database version, you should use RDM 13.6.7.0. This may mean that another administrator as updated the database. Do you know when the database was upgraded? Is it possible that the database was upgraded today?

> The database and software haven't been updated in months (it just works). Most definitely not today.

That being said, I suggest updating your RDM to version 13.6.7.0 first. You can download this version here
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

After installing this version, please do a CTRL + F5 to recreate the local cache. If your private vault sessions are still in the database, they should be back in your navigation pane.

> I will try this and let you know.

Best regards,

Thanks.

Should be on the way.

It's just empty, but here is the screenshot.

Hey,

I modified an entry in my private vault and now I don't have any entries. There used to be close to 50 credentials and other connections in it. I've refreshed, hard refreshed, restarted and every other thing I could think of doing to restore the connections.

I've searched the Connections table in our SQL database and don't see anything that might be a private vault credential and I know there should be for me and other users.

How do I go about getting my data back? I have various backups, but I don't know what to restore.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm not sure that document has what I'm looking for. I think I may have used the wrong term yesterday.

Everyone can create credentials and see the actual entry (security groups permitting), but they can't reveal them or make it possible to reveal them. Even if they're creating them.

As one of the two Administrators, I'm frequently updating the credentials with reveal permission.

Does that make sense?

Thanks.

2 yrs Creating Credentials

Everything is nested in sub folders. I'll check out the document.

Thanks!

The latest. 13.0.4.0

Hello,

We currently have 8 RDME users connected to a SQL database. We're experiencing issues where users can't see credentials they create.

I'm thinking it might be these data source settings:

Allow reveal password for administrator and authorized users (Ctrl+Alt+Enter)
Controls if reveal password is enabled for authorized users.
Allow show credentials (if enabled in the entry)
Shows the credentials if the box "Allow show credentials (everybody)" is check inside the session.

We have the first checked, but not the second. Is there more detail on how exactly these work?

The goal to have all passwords hidden by default, but anyone can create credentials that can be seen by anyone. What is the best way to set that up?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Disabling that makes the connections start working here, too. Some kind of error with SHA1?

How can this be set for all sessions?

Thanks.

2 yrs After upgrading to v. 13 some SSH sessions are not working

I tried only RSA again on a few connections and they still aren't connecting. Did something change between updates to change how the host key algorithms are chosen?

Thanks.

The bulk of our ssh connections are to Fortinet routers. I'm not really sure what algorithms and encryption settings are being used.

I will send you the log via private message.

Thanks for your help in getting everything tweaked and back to working.

Hubert Mireault wrote:

The change for the recording and the keepalive will be available in the next minor version of RDM. Hopefully with this you'll be able to convert the rebex entries to native SSH if you want to.

Rebex got back to us and hinted toward the host key algorithm settings. Could you try only enabling the appropriate host key algorithm that your server is using as a test. For example, my test server is using an RSA key, so I set it up this way:

Otherwise, would it be possible for you to provide us an access point to see the issue on our end? I don't think we would need credentials since this issue should happen before any authentication is required. It may help us and Rebex diagnose the issue.

Regards,

Hey Hubert,

The settings that I noticed were lost are:

Recording>File name (log)
General>KeepAlive interval

I'm converting from Putty/Rebex to SSH Tunnel.

Thanks.

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot revert to an even earlier version of the Rebex DLLs or it would cause issues with the code. The workaround is to revert to a version of RDM 12 that used to work for you. We opened a ticket with Rebex to see if they can fix the issue or otherwise guide us as to what we need to do.
If you want to try again, there was a release made just today, but seeing as the issue is present in a lot of versions, I don't think it would be fixed in this one. I attached the DLLs to this post, as usual.

@VirTechSystems You mentioned settings being lost when converting from Rebex to the Native SSH Shell, do you know which settings exactly? We would like to improve the conversion if it's not perfect.

@Fabio What do you mean by the function keys not working as expected in the Native SSH Shell? Could you describe what you mean? For the subconnection conversion I haven't encountered any issues either.

Regards,

No luck here. Same error with my connections.

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Hello,

Here's the Rebex DLLs we use in the latest (and internal) version of RDM. Could you unzip them and see if this fixes your issue?

Regards,

No luck. Same error.

David Hervieux wrote:

We just have updated the Rebex component for the next minor update. I hope this. I will publish this version later today.

Regards

When should this be released? Hundreds of SSH connections we have suddenly stopped working in 13.0.3.0 and converting them loses all kinds of settings.

The updated seemed to resolve the UI unresponsiveness and the offline engine was already set to sqlite. I didn't have to refresh the local cache, but will keep that in mind moving forward.

Is there any way to speed up the filling of passwords? Most of the time it is considerably faster to type them in then to wait. Mostly seeing this issue with Chrome. Plugin version is 5.1.1 . Not noticing it with the limited Firefox usage.

Thanks,

Chris

2 yrs Performance Issues

OK, I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
Chris

2 yrs Performance Issues

Version 12.5.0.0

Thanks,

Chris

2 yrs Performance Issues

While removing the icons helped with the navigation, management is still painfully slow. It takes upwards of 15 seconds to open the properties of an item. The profiler doesn't seem to capture this, so I'm not sure where the underlying performance problem is.

The database cleanup didn't seem to make much of a difference. Everything before the last 3 months was purged.

Any more suggestions on how to tune this better?

Thanks,

Chris

2 yrs Performance Issues

I logged into the data source as 'sa' and those options are disabled. Is there some other level of access I need to run those?

Thanks,

Chris

2 yrs Performance Issues

Removing the bulk of the custom icons seems to have helped a bit. I'll go through and run the db cleanup later and see if it improves.

When it comes to the deserialization time, is that just a matter of client system resources?

2 yrs Performance Issues

Managing the connections is slow. Sometimes connecting can be slow. Switching between the connection group and favorites and back is slow (this is what I profiled).

Here is the data requested. I've been trying to eliminate the virtual folders, but I'm not sure where they're coming from.

Data source type: Microsoft SQL Server
Data source size: 2.1 MB
Data source settings size: 1.7 KB
User specific settings size: 0 Bytes
Offline: False

Entries/Items: 2121/2121
Sessions: 794
Data entries: 29
Credentials: 534
Sub connections: 35
Documents: 5
Contacts: 0
-->Sub total: 1397

Session tools: 44
Groups/folders: 715
--> Total: 2121

Virtual groups/folders: 101
Custom images: 437
RTF notes: 0

Connection client version: 0x0000000000000000
Connection server version: 0x000000000429CC58
Connection history version: 0x000000000429C195

2 yrs Performance Issues

I've been troubleshooting performance issues with RDM with a MSSQL backend. After running the profile, I've discovered it's taking upwards of 2s to deseralize the data.

Is there something that can be done to speed this up? What is involved in this process?

Thanks,

Chris

PS. Below is the trace:

Main thread (UI)
----------------------------------------
TreeView.LoadConnectionList...
GetGroupInfos : 5 ms
BeginUpdate...
ApplyGroupCustomImages : 0 ms
LoadConnectionInTreeNode : 3 ms
PreCreateGroups : 2 ms - Count : 1
BeginUpdate : 9 ms
TreeView.LoadConnectionList : 14 ms
SelectionChanged : 154 ms
LoadConnections [Microsoft SQL Server : Customers]...
DisposeAndClearConnections : 2 ms
reload: False hasSecurityChanged: True hasChanged: True
HasOfflineChanges : 0 ms
LoadConnectionsFromDataSource...
LoadDataSourceSettingsFromDataSource...
GetDataSourceSettings : 3 ms
LoadDataSourceSettingsFromDataSource : 3 ms
GetConnections...
Database.GetConnections...
Reading connections from database : 201 ms
DecryptData : 72 ms - Count : 2405
DeserializeData : 1787 ms - Count : 2405
Database.GetConnections : 2064 ms
GetConnections : 2064 ms
DoSetConnections...
DisposeAndClearConnections : 0 ms
DoSetConnections : 211 ms
LoadConnectionsFromDataSource : 2285 ms
DisposeAndClearConnections : 0 ms
LoadConnections [Microsoft SQL Server : Customers] : 3494 ms
BeginUpdate...
LoadConnectionInTreeNode : 1273 ms
PreCreateGroups : 361 ms - Count : 1
BeginUpdate : 1648 ms
TreeView.LoadConnectionList : 1653 ms
BeginUpdate...
LoadConnectionInTreeNode : 1240 ms
PreCreateGroups : 349 ms - Count : 1
BeginUpdate : 1602 ms
TreeView.LoadConnectionList : 1608 ms
SelectionChanged...
LoadConnectionList : 2234 ms
SelectionChanged : 3272 ms

2 yrs Performance Issues

Hey,

For some reason, I'm unable to fill credentials within Firefox. I'm guessing it might have been an update in Firefox, because it worked last week. Nothing else has changed.

Is there a workaround for getting this to work again?

Thanks,

Chris

5 yrs Firefox extension

Much better. Thank you.

Chris

6 yrs Missing toolbar

Hey,

I just updated RDM from 9.2.8 to 9.2.9 and the little toolbar at the top with the quick launch and the refresh button are gone.

Is there an option somewhere that I need to enable to get this back?

Thanks,

Chris

6 yrs Missing toolbar