Forum

Posts by PremiaFIT (PremiaFIT)

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi Devolutions-Team,

it looks like Role-Management is not implemented in MariaDB ? Is this a feature or am i just missing a thing ?

thx for help

Wolfgang from Austria

5 yrs USer-Role Management in MariaDB
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi,

i tried to migrate our Database from SQL to MariaDB and all our users are somewhat like name.surname

In maria-DB generating such a user raises an error like :

Unable to save User in the database ! You have an error in your SQL Syntax near ".dontknowme IDENTIFIED by password" at line 1

Seems like there is a little feauter generating Users in MariaDB

thx

Wolfgang from Austria

5 yrs User Generation with MariaDB fails if username like mike.dontknowme
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi Devolutions Team,

I have got the problem that I must migrate our RDM and PWV MS SQL Database to Mysql because we are not using MSSQL anymore.

How can I do this ? Is it possible to migrate all users and there Private Vault Entries in one Session ?

We got about 15 Admins and about 1500 Sessions / PV Entries and so on :-(

I got admin rights, Keyphrase so no Problem with rights :-)

Thank you for any Ideas need them really hard.

Wolfgang

PremiaFIT

6 yrs Migrate Multiuser MS SQL DB to MY SQL
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Do you think this could be possible in the future ?

We have about 300 Sessions stored connected with Private Vault Credentials ...

Its not really funny to export and connect this every time needed :-)

Thx,
Wolfgang

6 yrs Export full SQL-Datasource with Private User Creds
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Private Vault Credentials are connectd in the User specific settigns I think. so both :-)

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi David,

when i export all entries and import them to an sqlite db all data is importet but no credentials from my private vault ?

Maybe this is a future feature with some kind of checkbox to enable and export user-specific settings merged

thx,
Wolfgang

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi there,

we would like to export our SQL-Datasource with the Private User credentials (per User) to allow them to use the Settings in an offline File like SQLite when away from SQL-Server.

Is this possible ? At the moment the export feature exports only the Datasource but not my private Credentials in connection to the Sessions ?

thx for Help,

Wolfgang
Austria

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

HI

glad to read about this, because enforcing Security in a larger Admin-environment is a must for us.

Is there a timeline to get those features in RDM and PWV maybe in some betas ?

thx,

Wolfgang

PremiaFIT from Austria

7 yrs Enforce Security Policy to User on SQL-Connection
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi RDM Team,

great Work, dont know how to work without your Tool :-)

I try to set up a Enterprise RDM Source where all our Admins get the same Sessions (maintained by me) and can store there own credentials to use with the Sessions.

Can you tell me how i can make this ? All i tried didn't work.

Thx,

Wolfgang
PremiaFIT from Austria

7 yrs RDM Enterprise Question
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi

when I start RDM or PWV and get the question to start offline, when I choose yes I get not asked for my Masterpassword ?

THis is a very big security-bug because everybody can start the Tools and get all the data ...

Can u tell me if this is a bug or a feature :-)

Thx,

Wolfgang

7 yrs No Masterkey asked when going offline mode
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

HI,

this maybe a good idea, a Mater-Key would be a second security, but AD-PW would be a start, if i could enforce it with the datasource :-)

thx

Wolfgang

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi,

I think it would be the easiest way to implement such a feature to make Security settings datasource dependend, so we could set the features when we create roles and users in the datasource.

Everybody connecting to the datasource will get the Security-Features maybe with a checkbox enforce and override local settings.

I think the most needed feature would be the masterkey (for the Datasource) and the Autolock feature to secure access, maybe in future other people around here may have some more ideas :-)

I would be very happy if you try to make such a feature.

thx

Wolfgang

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi David,

i know this options but this is just local security. I cannot enforce an Masterkey for Application and Auto-Lock over the Datasource from central settings.

So I never know if all Users have this Options set.

Do you know how to enforce this ?

Same thing would be for RDM :-)

Thx

Wolfgang

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hello,

we are testing PWV Enterprise with SQL Connnection and looking for some Security Policys.

When we use integrated AD Users, only the allowed Users can connect. So far so good.

Is there an option to enforce some program-settings like automatic lock of PWV and an setting to enforce a Password to open PWV ?

I think there must be something like that, because a PW Vault without central managed Security is not usabel :-)

Maybe you can help us.

thx

Wolfgang from Austria

PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

HI,

i have focus on tree-list and sometime the first RDP open with ctrl-Enter works, second session always minimize RDM.

had the same Problem in older Versions, but found this thread today :-)

WK

8 yrs Ctrl + Enter minimize RDP
PremiaFIT
PremiaFIT

Hi,
i have the same Problem in RDM 8.0. Can you tell me how to fix the Ctrl-Enter Problem ? It`s really no fun to reopen RDM on open embedded in a Tab

thx,

WK from Austria

8 yrs Ctrl + Enter minimize RDP