Forum

Posts by bracine (bracine)

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

This is something we want to investigate, but at the moment we cannot confirm if it will be added or give a timeline for it.
Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

6 days iOS Local Terminal Function.
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The connection list should be readable again in the latest update (2019.2.1).

We will continue to adapt the app to Dark Mode but it may take some time to make it fully compatible.

If you encounter more places where the app becomes unusable in Dark Mode, please tell us about them and we will fix those in priority.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

25 days App doesn't work with Dark Mode (App version 2019.2 on iOS 13.1.3)
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The connection list should be readable again in the latest update (2019.2.1).

We will continue to adapt the app to Dark Mode but it may take some time to make it fully compatible.

If you encounter more places where the app becomes unusable in Dark Mode, please tell us about them and we will fix those in priority.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

25 days RDM on iPhone/iPad with DarkMode -> unusable dark
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

We've released a fix for the bug (version 2019.2.1).

Please tell us if you still encounter problems after updating.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

25 days Can't use ssh with 2019.2 and iOS 13.2
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Yes, we are working on it and will release a new version as soon as the issue is fixed.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

27 days RDM on iPhone/iPad with DarkMode -> unusable dark
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Thank you for the information, there appears to be a bug in the latest version which is causing the problem you describe. We will fix this as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

30 days Can't use ssh with 2019.2 and iOS 13.2
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

We will investigate this and check if we can reproduce the problem on our end.

Did you experience this problem in the previous version?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

30 days Can't use ssh with 2019.2 and iOS 13.2
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The app doesn't support Dark Mode yet, we are actively working on this and will make a new version as soon as this is fixed.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

1 mth App doesn't work with Dark Mode (App version 2019.2 on iOS 13.1.3)
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

We are looking at it right now. It's not clear yet if the Framework update has everything we need to fix integrated security, if it does they've changed how it works significantly. it will take some time to fully investigate this.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

5 mths iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

This is next on our list, we will be checking out the patch shortly to see if it includes the fix we have been waiting for.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

5 mths iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Usually there is 1 to 3 months between updates, depending on the features added and the problems encountered. I would expect the next update to come out somewhere between mid-September and mid-October.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

5 mths Disable virtual keyboard
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

MDM support is in our todo list but it is not currently possible to configure the app with a .plist file or similar.

Normally it should be possible to connect to a data source even if the user doesn't have access to the default repo. You may be encountering a bug, however I am unable to reproduce it on my end.

What is the behaviour of the app when you try connect with the user? does it display "not connected" after you try to connect?

Also which data source type are you using, Devolutions Password Server or Microsoft SQL Server?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

5 mths RDM and MDM (MobileIron)
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

You can get a connection log by creating a WebDAV session that connects to the server and checking "enable logging" in the entry. Again please make sure the host, port and "Use SSL" option are all correctly configured in the entry. When you open this session, go to the menu at the top right of the screen and select "Show Logs".

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

7 mths WebDAV XML with Encryption Password
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

When connecting to a HTTPS WebDAV server, please check the following :

-do not include "https://" in the host name (i.e. if the host is "https://myssl.host", simply enter "myssl.host" as the host name)

-make sure that the option "Use SSL" is checked and that the port is 443

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

7 mths WebDAV XML with Encryption Password
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Version 3.3 introduced support for accessing Data Sources that use Shared Passphrase, however the Data Source Security Provider must still be setup from a Windows or Mac version of Remote Desktop Manager.

If you have already setup the Security Provider on Windows/Mac and still cannot access the data source from Android please let us know.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

7 mths Security Provider options missing on Android App
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Normally the gesture is also a double-touch in our app, however it doesn't seem to be working correctly at the moment.

We will try to get this fixed quickly, in the meantime you may need to deactivate the cursor (the button in the bottom toolbar with a hand over a touchpad) and double-touch items on the screen directly in order to drag them.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

9 mths Mobile RDM cursor hold and move
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Thank you for reporting these issues. I don't think there is a currently a configuration that can avoid both the resizing issue and the scaling issue. I have added this to our to do list, we will take a look and see if we can improve scaling and resizing for RDP sessions in iOS.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

9 mths IOS App RDP Session Sizing
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Yes, this is currently the only way. I agree that a faster way would be a good feature to have, I will add it to our to do list.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

9 mths RDM on Apple macOS and iOS
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The issue has been fixed, your credentials should now be injected correctly. An update with the fix should become available today.

Please tell us if you encounter any more issues.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

That apple comment was a bot posting a fraudulent link, you can ignore it.

I will investigate this new issue and get back to you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

This issue has been fixed, dragging windows with the apple pen should be more intuitive now. A new update with this fix should be made available today.

Please tell us if you still encounter the problem after the update.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

9 mths How to drag a window inside a RDP session
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The problems with autofill have been fixed. A new update with this fix should become available today.

Please tell us if you still encounter problems with the autofill after the update.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

My mistake, I thought you might have the wrong case because you wrote username->loginUsername earlier (the id's are not case-sensitive on windows, so the problem wouldn't occur there).

I can't reproduce the behavior you are reporting on my end (on your testsite the username fills correctly for me).

I apologize for the trouble this partial fix is causing you. I will keep working on the issue and get back to you when I have a more complete fix.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

10 mths RDM on Apple macOS and iOS
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The control id fields can be case-sensitive. Can you try using username->loginUserName and see if that fills the username?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Version 5.3.1 contains a partial fix for your problem. If you use a Website Information entry you should be able to fill login data.

However there is still a problem where the username doesn't fill in the first time the app fills the credentials so the credentials must be filled twice. From the built-in browser you will need to press the fill button (the key icon) to fill the username. From Safari, you will need to pick the credential from the extension a second time for the username to fill.

We are still investigating why this problem is happening with your testsite and will keep working on resolving the issue.

Note that Chrome support is limited and only works with basic login pages.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

You should be able to use Web Login again in the next release of RDM on iOS. It should be coming out within 2 weeks.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

After testing this on our end, there is currently a bug where the drag and drop gesture kicks in only after you have dragged a little. This means that by the time the drag and drop starts, the pencil is no longer over the window, so the window does not get dragged as expected.

We will add this bug to our todo list and see what we can do to fix it quickly. In the meantime, a workaround to drag and drop a window would be to drag inside the bounds of the window title bar until the gesture kicks in.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

10 mths How to drag a window inside a RDP session
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

The repository selector should be at the top of the connections list, just under the data source selector :

image 1 : clicking the repository selector

image 2 : selecting a repository from the list

If you do not see the selector please verify that the user has access to more than 1 repository.

If you believe the user has the necessary permissions but still cannot see the selector please tell us as this could be a bug.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

11 mths Change Repository on IOS device
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Thank you, this is extremely helpful as the main hurdle was debugging on Chrome OS to pinpoint the issue, which can be a very slow process. By knowing what the problem is exactly we can skip straight to a solution.

In fact, we already have an option that allows screenshots in the settings screen so you can use the same workaround with our app. If you go to Settings > Security and turn off "Protect data from screen capture", this should fix the problem.

Could you please confirm that this workaround works for you?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

12 mths Black screen when using the Android App on Chrome OS.
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

I just wanted to inform you that the bug has been fixed internally and we will be including the fix in our next update for the Android app. The update should come out sometime next week.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

2 yrs android ssh connection doesn't work