Forum

Posts by plundrigan@josephfarms.com (plundrigan@josephfarms.com)

FYI Microsoft Remote desktop 8.0 for MAC is not having the same behavior. If that is any help.

4 yrs Peer Connection was lost

sent info to Xavier Fortin have not heard anything back, are you needing additional information.

Yes I mean when cutting and pasting cells in the rdp session. Not necessary across rdp sessions. Let me try as you suggested with logging and let you know.

When cutting from excel into a rdm session. I get a peer connection was lost. It immediately reconnects and then the pasting in excel I get the message again. Then it pastes and I can continue my session. This is a painful process especially when I am doing a lot of cutting and pasting. it is also happening when I run Jet reports in RDM session. In fact it refreshes so many times that it kills the connection all together and I have to completely reconnect.

Sorry to report... I just updated to 2.5.0.0 and copy and paste does not seem to work at all now. I tried turning on and off the clipboard in settings but no luck. When I say not at all I mean I can copy and the paste option is not available in the RDP session at all. Not sure what is going on..

5 yrs Copy/paste issue

If you mean in version 2.0.3.0 then it is not with shared clipboard on. Now with the clipboard off it does behave as expected on the remote machine. So that is plus. Thanks for the tip. Still would like to have both.

Benoit Sansregret wrote:

Hi,

Your issue should be fixed in the next release.

Regards

5 yrs Copy/paste issue

Your interpretation of the issue is correct. I am cutting and pasting on the remote server. I will try turning off the shared clipboard. I had been using CORD previously. Love your product this was just causing some issues. I know I am asking for a lot. I want the best of both worlds. I still have a need to past into the remote session. So permanently turning off Shared Clipboard will be a efficiency drain. on my workflow.

Benoit Sansregret wrote:

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with the shared clipboard feature.
The shared clipboard feature only support plain text copy, so when you copy something from a remote session to your Mac you loose the formatting.
If I understand correctly you are simply using Excel on a remote session so you should not be worried with this limitation. I will notify our partner at AwakeCoding about this issue.

In the mean time if you are not planning to use the shared clipboard feature you can deactivate it in your RDP session configuration. Uncheck the clipboard checkbox in the local resources tab of the Microsoft Remote Desktop configuration.

Tell me if that solved your issue for the moment.

5 yrs Copy/paste issue

I am on the 1.1.16.0 version. The problem I have with the clipboard is more dramatic. If I try to copy and paste cells in excel in a remote session. The content is copied as plain text not as actual cell content. So all formating is lost.

5 yrs Copy/paste issue