Forum

Posts by demetri@efusionsystems.com (demetri@efusionsystems.com)

Hello, is there a way we can get L2TP vpn's working via rasphone stored in database? We use Pre Shared Keys and apparently Windows doesn't copy the PSK into the rasphone.pbk on the PC. Any ideas? We are trying to phase out the use of PPTP.

2 yrs L2TP VPN's in RDM using rasphone

Sent.

3 yrs Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer

Using version 3.81. This was a clean install and first time setting data source up. Can't take snapshot as app doesn't allow it.

3 yrs Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer

Getting this error when trying to connect to my data source. Using SQL Azure, shared passphrase, and 2 factor with Google Auth. When I set up the data source I made sure to select Azure, and I can successfully "Test" the database. Since I can't take a snapshot from phone I'll try and type the more detailed error message.

Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.TryGoOfflineException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Recieve (System.Byte[]buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlasgs socket-Flags)

Like the title says. This would solve the issue to make the application work across different OS's.

3 yrs Any plans for a web based client?

After flip-flopping between legacy and secure, it seems to be working now for both options. Not sure what caused it but hopefully it continues to work.

3 yrs Copy username & password, copy username, copy password rarely work.

Maurice Cote wrote:

It may be something that does not seem relevant, we know that Citrix GotoAssist breaks it..

Can you confirm that you see the notification that it has been copied to the clipboard?
Does it paste in a simple text editor?

I do see the notification saying it copied the username and password to the clipboard. Tried pasting in Notepad and no luck. Right clicking to bring up context menu shows the paste option as greyed out.

4 yrs Copy username & password, copy username, copy password rarely work.

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hello,

There is a safety feature that clears the clipboard. In past releases it was timer based and was 10 seconds. For the new version, we have a new mode that watches the clipboard and is notified when it has been used. In that case we clear it immediately.

We have seen some tools that are monitoring the clipboard continuously, therefore we are clearing it almost immediately.

Do you know if you have something that monitors the clipboard?

You can try to set the "Clipboard copy method" to legacy. Its in the General tab of the options.

Best regards,

I don't have any program monitoring the clipboard. Clear clipboard delay is set to 300 sec, Clipboard secure copy delay is set to 10ms, copy method is paste once (secure), credential copy options set to all. Tried legacy and no difference.

These features are rarely working for me on most sessions. For example, I have a web session using chrome and clicking on any of the options does not do anything. I have to right click on the session, and hit view credentials, then select the password/username and hit ctrl C for it to work. A bit annoying. I'm on version 11.7.6.0 using MariaDB data source.

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hello,

Is there a key or some other setting that you must apply locally but that is not contained in the phonebook file? For a typical RAS connection you do not need anything other than the phonebook file.

Best regards,

Nothing special going on, just a PPTP VPN and not using default remote gateway.

4 yrs VPN error using rasphone.pbk located on server - error 623

Maurice Cote wrote:

what happens if you run the following at the command prompt?

rasdial connectionname username password /phonebook:phonebookpath

Just an FYI: This VPN is not set up locally on my workstation.

I ran the command with the associated connectionname username and password, and get the 623 error. I put %TMP%\RDM for the phonebookpath

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hello,

if you open %TMP%\RDM, do you see your phonebook?

Yes.

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hello,

The the phonebook entry name contain a space by any chance?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/170134

It does, but I removed the white-spaces and still get the error. I have several VPN entries with white-spaces that work.

I have a certain VPN connection I'm having trouble with. I'm on version 11.6.0.0. Getting error 623 when I try to open the VPN. I'm using embedded rasphone.pbk file located on the server.

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Would you need an editor or just the text editor could be good enough?

Regards

Hi David,

I'm thinking a bit more than just a text editor. Perhaps some sort of "add VPN wizard" that could append to an existing .pbk file?

Something like that would save a whole lot of time for companies that offer level 2/3 support with many employees. At the moment, you have to create a VPN connection within Windows, and then within the RDM session properties, you would select that connection with the "Default phonebook" option, however this would only work on the machine the VPN connection was created with.

Adding a .pbk file to the database and updating it every so often solves the problem of creating VPN connections on every staff member's computer, it's just a hassle to keep editing the .pbk file with a text editor, a simple "Add VPN to PBK" wizard would be great. Am I making sense?

4 yrs VPN - rasphone.pbk tool/editor?

A cool tool/add-on for RDM would be the ability to edit a .pbk file (where all the VPN connections are stored on a Windows machine). With the tool, you'd be able to edit a PBK file uploaded in the RDM database and edit/add more VPN connections so that other employees would access the VPN easily.

4 yrs VPN - rasphone.pbk tool/editor?

Hello, I'm on a mission to make RDM the most secure it can be. Our organization holds a lot of sensitive data within RDM. Currently we are using the "Shared pass-phrase" security provider, is this method one of the better ways to secure data? We are looking into using the "Certificate" security provider, but don't know the steps to set this up. We have a VPS using MariaDB that can be accessed via the internet.

4 yrs RDM and security

Thanks, I had to modify the .csv a bit but I got it to work.

4 yrs Export credentials to Lastpass

Is there a way I can export all of my credentials from RDM to Lastpass?

4 yrs Export credentials to Lastpass

Here.

4 yrs View Contact IP under preview pane

Is there a way to have the IP address field listed under the preview window on the desktop client? That way we don't have to right click on the object, then properties, then information?

4 yrs View Contact IP under preview pane

David Hervieux wrote:

Does you user already exists in Azure? Have you configured them with the Windows version before?

I made a mistake. I was adding the data source as MS SQL instead of Azure on iOS. Works fine. As for Android, I was able to connect to Azure using the MS SQL option, I had to create a user within the desktop client, I was using the default server admin before.

4 yrs Android and iOS with Azure?

Adding the datasource works, along with testing, but when objects try to load I get two errors.

"Unable to connect to your data source" and "Validation Unable to save the user in the database! Invalid object name 'sys.sql_logins'."

Are there any plans to get Azure working with Android and iOS? Trying to find a cheap way to have a hosted database, but still be able to use mobile apps, seems like there aren't any options.

That would be great if you guys implemented that, it's very useful opening up an app and retrieving a password with out having to get a laptop out.

4 yrs MariaDB for Android!

Is there a way to copy sessions from the root datasource to a users private vault?

4 yrs Copy some sessions from root to private vault

Surprised to see that the Android version can only connect with datasources via Devolutions servers and MS SQL. Does Devolutions plan on adding MariaDB support for the Android app?

4 yrs MariaDB for Android!

David Hervieux wrote:

So now it's fixed with the latest version?

Correct.

5 yrs VPNs Stopped Working

I was having problems with VPN's too, until I updated to 11.0.7

5 yrs VPNs Stopped Working

Is there a way to get rid of the wait time window after a VPN connects?

5 yrs No wait time after VPN connection