Forum

Posts by dvincent (dvincent)

dvincent
dvincentDevolutions staff

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the info. I think I will need some more: I assume that when you say "switching the terminal to linux", you mean setting the "Function keys mode" (Funktionstaten Modus) in the "Keyboard" (Tastatur) tab to "Linux". I also assume that, when you are not using linux, you set the same field to "Default" (Standard).

If so, it is very strange because both the legacy and the new terminal will send the exact same sequence whether this field is set to Default or Linux. The only other field that could interfere I guess is "Override terminal type" (Terminaltyp überschreiben) in the "Terminal" tab. In what context can you confirm that the Home and End keys do not work?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

4 days RDM 2019.1 bugs
dvincent

@Tobi

I would like to clarify some things: are POS1 and END keys or commands? If they are keys, is POS1 another name for HOME? And if they are commands, what kind of host support them and where could I get them?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

4 days RDM 2019.1 bugs
dvincent

Hi Peter,

The legacy terminal is the previous implementation for the SSH terminal. You can set it in File -> Option -> Types -> Terminal and check "Use legacy terminal".

But this should change nothing to the problem with the Key Agent Manager, because we recently put the finger on the bug. On the other hand, while we make the required changes, there is a work around. Once all your setup is done, close RDM and restart it, then start the Key Agent Manager just once. It should work as expected. If you interact with the Key Agent Manager after that, all new modifications will not be seen by other agent clients like the terminal.

I will be working on this issue as soon as possible. It will require some amount of work though so I can not give you any time frame for now. It could range from a week to a month I guess.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

26 days Problem with Key Agent & Key Forwarding since latest updates
dvincent

Hi Peter,

I am still trying to figure out what is going wrong. Could you do a test for me: use the legacy terminal with verbose and send me the resulting logs when connecting using the key agent.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths Problem with Key Agent & Key Forwarding since latest updates
dvincent

No, the fix has not made it into .30, but it will be in .31 that should be out later today.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths 2019.1.29.0 ssh recording playback not working
dvincent

Thanks again for your report. It turns out recording was broken between .25 and .29. It is fixed and will be available in the next version.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths 2019.1.29.0 ssh recording playback not working
dvincent

Problem solved, it will be available in the next version.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths 2019.1.25.0 - ssh via jumphost not working
dvincent

Ok, I found the problem, I am working on a solution. In the mean time, you can use this workaround: if you log directly to the jump host, you should be asked to verify/accept a new fingerprint (this is due to the fact we now support better server authentication key algorithms). Choose the "accept and remember" action. Once this is done, your access through the jump host should now work. There is also the legacy terminal you can use as a workaround: File -> Options -> Types -> Terminal -> Use legacy terminal (at the bottom).

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

Hi,

I will investigate this, I have the same results here. I will inform you when I have found the solution.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

@krasnojarsk Hi Peter

I believe there is something wrong, I just can not reproduce it. I also do not have enough info to debug this problem, and did not get any answers to my last questions.

So the first thing you could do to help me correct this would be to post the logs for the failed connection. In the "Advanced" tab, check "Verbose", check "Enable logging", specify a file path in the "Log path" text field, set the "Log mode" to "Event". One other thing that could help me solve this issue is if you could try using the Putty key agent (Pageant) and see if you get the same result. You can either use RDM's Key Agent Manager or the standard Putty key agent, but only one at a time (they both refuse to start if the other is active).

To answer your question, if the agent has more than one key, they are tried one after the other. In order to save time and processing power, the server is first asked if it knows a key. Once it is established that a key is know by the server, a full authentication request with signature is sent to complete the client authentication.

Sorry if it looked like we were ignoring this issue. But in order to solve this, I will need feedback.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths Problem with Key Agent & Key Forwarding since latest updates
dvincent

Bonjour,

Effectivement, la correction est arrivée trop tard pour la version 2019.1.9.0, elle va être disponible pour la version .10.

Cordialement

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths saisi impossible du symbole | pipe dans une connexion SSH
dvincent

Bonjour,

C'est un problème connu, et il est déjà réglé. La correction devrait être disponible dans la version .26.

Bonne journée

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths saisi impossible du symbole | pipe dans une connexion SSH
dvincent

Hi,

Sorry, I did not work on this issue. I am not able to reproduce your bug, but maybe we can try something: we can use session recording, this could allow me to playback the same output that causes your crash in my debugging environment.

To enable recording, in the SSH shell entry dialog, select in the left pane "Session recording", then in the right pane, set mode to either "Optional" or "Required", you can set "Destination" to "Custom" and enter the directory path in the edit field below it. Do the same for "Filename".

Once that is done, run your session and do the required command to reproduce the problem. You can send me the resulting .trp file to dvincent@devolutions.net. Remember I will playback that file, so make sure there is no sensitive information you do not want me to see.

Thanks for your time, and again sorry for the late comeback.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths SSH/terminal windows crashing in latest RDM
dvincent

Hi,

I think I have found the problem. I should be able to fix this soon.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH over SOCKS proxy no longer works
dvincent

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce your bug but without success. There is something I would like you to try: could you stop the Key Agent Manager, and try connecting with one of your sessions, without changing it, using the legacy terminal. I wish to know if the connection is really established using the agent: the legacy terminal is trying all the credentials it can get until they all failed. And to be sure, you're using an RSA key, is that correct?

Thanks

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths Problem with Key Agent & Key Forwarding since latest updates
dvincent

Ok, it seems there is more than one issue here: the last log shows there is a problem with an OpenSSH extension for keep alive. This should be fixed quickly.

There seems to be another problem with large amount of data output by the server. I do not experience this problem, even with an 80 KB file, Maybe there are other factors in play: like the scroll back size, or the terminal dimensions. Is the file content displayed is standard text? Do you use special options of the cat command?

In the mean time you can use the legacy terminal, but I'm sure our tech support already made the suggestion.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH/terminal windows crashing in latest RDM
dvincent

Ok, I think I understand the problem, it might take me a few days to fix this. I'll inform you when it's done.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH "interactive authentication in terminal" now broken in 2019.1.20.0
dvincent

Hi,

I would need the logs of the connection: in the "Advanced" tab, check "Verbose", check "Enable logging", set "Log path" to where you want the log to be saved, "Log mode" must be set to "Event".
Please, attempt a connection and post the resulting log. It would also be helpful if you could tell me what is the server you're connecting to.

After that, you can go to "File -> Options -> Terminal" and check "Use legacy terminal" at the bottom of the page. This should get you going while I find the problem. We are in the midst of changing our SSH implementation in order to get more control over it. It has been running for a while on RDM for Mac, but it seems it hasn't encountered all scenarios yet.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH "interactive authentication in terminal" now broken in 2019.1.20.0
dvincent

Hi,

Right now, this is not possible, but I will add this behaviour to match Putty. The new SSH shell has been in use for quite some time on RDM for Mac and this issue was never raised so I overlooked it while making the Windows version.

Thanks for your input!

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH Shell Authentication Question
dvincent

Thanks, it helps. But I also would like which application you are using?

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths 2019.1.15.0 SSH Shell (Shift key and mouse navigation not working)
dvincent

Hi Min,

I have made changes and fixes to the mouse support but I do not think they made it in 2019.1.18. It could also be another unknown application with special behaviour. I usually perform my mouse tests with htop or mc on macOS. The strings you get look like the sequence I send for mouse clicks but without the escape sequence. That is strange...

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

Hi,

The support for ed25519 is already available in the enterprise beta version. So it will be available in the next official version as well. It comes along with other algorithms and a brand new terminal. I realize we need an official spec for our SSH support and a way to keep it up to date. Sorry for the long delay...

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths ED25519 unsupported
dvincent

Hi,

I have located the problem. It might take me a while to fix the bug, I hope to have it fixed by the end of next week.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths ssh X11 forwarding Problems
dvincent

Hi

I have reproduced your bug, i need a bit more investigation, but I'm sure to fix it this week.

Thanks for the info.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths Regression with tmux mouse support over SSH in 2019.1.3.0
dvincent

Hi,

Thanks for the logs. I believe the charset negotiation is not welcomed by your device, so we will need to add a new setting to skip this step and you should be able to connect again (the previous implementation was not doing this step). I do not know when it will be available, another developper must complete some work to integrate this change into RDM, but it should be soon.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths ssh problem after upddate to 2019.1.3.0
dvincent

The logging options are in the "Advanced" tab also, 4th option below "Verbose".

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

Hi,

Could you send me the logs with verbose on? The "Verbose" check box is in the "Advanced" tab. You'll also need to check "Enable logging" and specify a "Log path" and set "Log mode" to "Event". Connect and attempt to launch an X11 Application and post the resulting logs.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

Hi

The environment variable error is a minor one and should not prevent the connection. There is something else going wrong so I will need more details to solve this problem. Could you activate "Verbose" in the "Advanced" tab, attempt the connection to your Cisco device, and post the resulting logs? This would be of great help to me.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths ssh problem after upddate to 2019.1.3.0
dvincent

Hi @pgordemer

I just fixed the F10 focus bug. It will be available in the next version.

Best regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
dvincent

Hi Min

Both problems are already fixed and will be available in the next version (or the one after that).

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature