Forum

Posts by dvincent (dvincent)

dvincent
dvincentDevolutions staff

Hi,

For the copy issue, I think the problem you have is due to the way some application output text to the terminal: some end the lines with carriage return, in that case everything is fine. Some end the lines with spaces, so, if you paste the text in a smaller notepad, the spaces are wrapped which result in "empty" lines. We added an option to control how copy is made, it is the fifth icon from the left at the top of the terminal window (tool tip: preserve formatting on copy). If you select this option, the formatting will be preserved by stripping lines of the spaces. It will also preserve the way lines are broken too, this is why it is an option: since some application will output long lines (that get wrapped by the terminal) it is desirable to preserve the long lines and let the other text editor wrap the lines as needed.

As for the crash, I will investigate. If I understand correctly, you login to a gateway, and then login manually to the target host. That is the only way I see you would need to log out twice. Because if you login using the jump host option, logging out once will log you out of both the target host and the gateway. But either way, I'll run some tests to try to reproduce this bug. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

12 days ssh copy / paste text and crashing issue in 2019.2.14.0
dvincent

I made a correction, it should be available in the next version.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

15 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
dvincent

Hi,

I just want to let you know I found another issue with key combinations like ctrl + 6, especially on non english keyboard layouts. I'll let you know when I found the solution.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

16 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
dvincent

The issue with RSA key validation has been fixed, the other point as well. They will be in the next version.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

20 days 2019.2.12.0: SSH Shell ask for user password (access by certificate)
dvincent

Thanks for the info! I will fix this as soon as possible.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

20 days 2019.2.12.0: SSH Shell ask for user password (access by certificate)
dvincent

Thanks!

Knowing that ctrl + shift + 6 works in putty gives me the info I was looking for. I can't tell you right now when it will be fixed but I will work on it as soon as possible.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

21 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
dvincent

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled because it seems no changes has been made to certificate authentication with SSH. It is also currently working in our test environment. If you could send me the logs (with verbose) of the failing certificate authentication, it would be of great help for me to diagnose the problem.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

23 days 2019.2.12.0: SSH Shell ask for user password (access by certificate)
dvincent

Hi,

One thing that has changed lately: target server address is now resolved by the jump host. Before, it was resolved by the client host, which was causing problems where the target server could not be resolved by the client's DNS because it was not visible from the client.

As for the SOCKS5 proxy, I am not aware of any changes and it is still working in our test environment. If possible, it would be great if you could send a log of the failing connections, this would help me diagnose your problems.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

23 days ssh connections via proxy or jump host broken after upgrade to VERSION 2019.2.12.0 (free)
dvincent

Hi,

@oschott Right now, the embedded SCP of RDM has no options to specify the shell to use. It opens the default shell and auto detects if it is either a windows command line or a unix command line (assumed to be bash).

I will take this opportunity to suggest you try SFTP instead. Chances are (and they are really high) that servers you access using SCP also support SFTP, since these are both SSH protocols, they will accept the same credentials and access the same accounts and directories. But SFTP is a much more complete and robust protocol. File transfers should also be faster with SFTP.

It is possible to add a new feature to SCP to specify the shell to use if you prefer though, but I have already a lot to do and it might take some time.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

30 days WinSCP - Shell
dvincent

I forgot to mention, the fix will be available in the next version, or the one after that (because I am also working on another fix I wish to synchronize with).

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

30 days SSH Session copy wrapped text is adding LF
dvincent

The LF bug is fixed! Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

30 days SSH Session copy wrapped text is adding LF
dvincent

That's interesting, could you tell me what is that line? I will set it up in one of our test servers and try it out. It would be helpful to know what kind of server you are connecting to (example: openSSH on Ubuntu).

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

30 days SSH/terminal windows crashing in latest RDM
dvincent

I do not think this fix will make it on the next release, but I hope to get it done for the one after that.

Sadly, there is no manual fix, it really is a bug of mine, sorry.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths RDM choose number of column and buffer size for SSH (puTTy)
dvincent

Hi,

Well I have to admit I was wrong about buffer size, there is currently a limit in RDM (just not where I looked). I will see to it that it is removed. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths RDM choose number of column and buffer size for SSH (puTTy)
dvincent

Hi,

Just to let you know I have started working on this. It sure can be corrected, and I am taking the opportunity to add a way to make user customizable shortcuts as well. I hope it will be ready next week for the new cursor key shortcuts. The user interface for customization will take longer though.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths SSH shell does not support ctrl and alt arrow keyboard combinations
dvincent

The bug has been located and will be corrected in the next version.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths Console session error
dvincent

Hi,

I am currently doing research on special terminal keys. I wonder if you tried CTRL + 6 because there is a special handling in RDM's terminal for this key combination. The result is the same as CTRL + ^ which should be the same as CTRL + SHIFT + 6. I am a bit at the mercy of the OS for some key combination but I will resolve this.

Regards!

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
dvincent

Yes there is: in the property page of the SSH or telnet entry, go to the "Terminal" tab, the "Reset scroll on display" option. The "Default" or "True" value should give you the behaviour you expect.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths Auto scrollback terminal upon keypress to command prompt
dvincent

Hi,

Are you using the legacy terminal? Because the "send break" has not been implemented for it. But I think I did not understand your request correctly. Right now the "send break" sends an SSH break request, like what is done in the "special commands" menu of Putty. I thought you were referring to that, but it looks like its not the case. Do you have an example of a working break command in another terminal? Preferable Putty or OpenSSH. Or maybe you know the byte sequence sent on the wire?

As for using a keyboard shortcut, it is not possible right now, but I'm adding it to the feature request list. In fact, we are planning on a fully user customizable key shortcut table that could be used for that.

Regards!

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

Hi Devin,

I expected something like that to happen. Not adding LF was the original behaviour, but some user complained, that in certain situations, lines would get concatenated. This is because some applications output lines with spaces filling the rest of the line and wrap to the next line.

We will add an option to the terminal window to select the way copy is made: either preserve wrapping or preserve screen formatting.

Regards!

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths SSH Session copy wrapped text is adding LF
dvincent

Well after investigation, it turns out this has already been fixed! It will be available in the next release.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

2 mths ssh - copy text with mouse
dvincent

Thanks for the info. One edge case that slipped by me. I'll fix this as soon as possible.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

Hi,

I know this was the case at some point, but it has been fixed. I guess it will be in the next free version.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

This is my next task. I am currently closing my previous one and will work on this bug today, I don't know exactly how long it will take me to correct this, I'm guessing this should be done by the end of the week. Hope your unstopped process won't get tired util then wink

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

dvincent

If I understand correctly, this is because colors are specified in the 256 color mode. If it's the case, I already have a ticket to add 256 color support (RDMW-3360), I'll probably also add true color support as well.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

3 mths Respect PS1 terminal settings
dvincent

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the info. I think I will need some more: I assume that when you say "switching the terminal to linux", you mean setting the "Function keys mode" (Funktionstaten Modus) in the "Keyboard" (Tastatur) tab to "Linux". I also assume that, when you are not using linux, you set the same field to "Default" (Standard).

If so, it is very strange because both the legacy and the new terminal will send the exact same sequence whether this field is set to Default or Linux. The only other field that could interfere I guess is "Override terminal type" (Terminaltyp ├╝berschreiben) in the "Terminal" tab. In what context can you confirm that the Home and End keys do not work?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

5 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
dvincent

@Tobi

I would like to clarify some things: are POS1 and END keys or commands? If they are keys, is POS1 another name for HOME? And if they are commands, what kind of host support them and where could I get them?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

5 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
dvincent

Hi Peter,

The legacy terminal is the previous implementation for the SSH terminal. You can set it in File -> Option -> Types -> Terminal and check "Use legacy terminal".

But this should change nothing to the problem with the Key Agent Manager, because we recently put the finger on the bug. On the other hand, while we make the required changes, there is a work around. Once all your setup is done, close RDM and restart it, then start the Key Agent Manager just once. It should work as expected. If you interact with the Key Agent Manager after that, all new modifications will not be seen by other agent clients like the terminal.

I will be working on this issue as soon as possible. It will require some amount of work though so I can not give you any time frame for now. It could range from a week to a month I guess.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

5 mths Problem with Key Agent & Key Forwarding since latest updates
dvincent

Hi Peter,

I am still trying to figure out what is going wrong. Could you do a test for me: use the legacy terminal with verbose and send me the resulting logs when connecting using the key agent.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

6 mths Problem with Key Agent & Key Forwarding since latest updates
dvincent

No, the fix has not made it into .30, but it will be in .31 that should be out later today.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

6 mths 2019.1.29.0 ssh recording playback not working