Forum

Posts by Coffman (Coffman)

Coffman
Coffman

I have been using Remote Desktop Manager (Enterprise Edition) for a long time now. In attempting to create a new VNC connection, I noticed that I was unable to set a password. I have not changed any settings. The display type is External. The VNC type if UltraVNC.

I looked in the online help for some guidance. In reviewing the VNC section, there is this line:

Providing the password in external mode is only supported by UltraVNC.

As an experiment, I went to the Settings tab to verify that the Password field was disabled. I changed the Display to Undocked and the Password field was enabled. I changed back to External and it was disabled. It seems what used to work and what the help guide says should work is not working. Any ideas?

I am running RDM 10.1.4.0.

5 yrs Unable to set password for UltraVNC
Coffman
Coffman

File-Default Settings-Default Sessions

I think I found what I was looking for initially, which was a way to change the default settings. I was able to change the settings for VNC and RDP to use External. Life is good now. smile

6 yrs Set default display type
Coffman
Coffman

I have a template for VNC but I do not have a template for RDP.

Coffman
Coffman

I set the option under File- Options - Types - RDP - Display mode to External and Primary Monitor.

Upon clicking "New Entry" and selecting RDP, the display type is still set to Embedded (although the other box has Primary Monitor). The same behavior is encountered even after a restart.

I am running 10.0.15.0.

Coffman
Coffman

Very cool.

Just to verify, does this option work for all remote connection types (RDP, VNC, etc)? Or is it limited to just RDP?

Coffman
Coffman

I have been a long time user of RDM. One thing that has bothered me (now more than ever for some reason) is that the "Display" defaults to embedded. Although I can see the benefit in using embedded, my preference is to have all the new connections be external. It is one field that I forget when I create a new remote connection and then I am forced to go back in an set it after making a connection.

Is there any way to set the Display type to be External by default? Perhaps a setting that I missed somewhere?

Coffman
Coffman

I believe there is a command line method.

Remote-Control:
anydesk.exe -i <ID> -p <Password> FileTransfer:
anydesk.exe -i <ID> -p <Password> -f <fileTransfer>

6 yrs Support for AnyDesk
Coffman
Coffman

Has there been any consideration for support for a new product called AnyDesk.

http://anydesk.com/remote-desktop

6 yrs Support for AnyDesk
Coffman
Coffman

I am running an enterprise version of RDM. If I were to NOT renew the license, what would be the impact?

Would I be able to run the software but not update to newer versions?

Or would I not be able to run the software?

6 yrs License Renewal
Coffman
Coffman

Yes, I believe the software can be invoked via command line.

Here is a link to the command line parameters: http://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/41/

8 yrs Remote Utilities
Coffman
Coffman

It would be great to see support for Remote Utilities. It is similar to TeamViewer.

http://www.remoteutilities.com/

8 yrs Remote Utilities