Password server

6 days vSphere Synch - cannot add entry missing username
rolflobker
rolflobker

Add new entry
Vmware synchronizer
Credentials > Credential repository > pointed to seperate vsphere credentials

Cannot save the session >
Unable to save the entry; invalid data sent!
The username is required!

But when entering the credentials explicitely there is no error message
Of course, using credential repositry is the prefered method.

Using 2019.1.35

6 days vSphere Synch - cannot add entry missing username
rolflobker
rolflobker

Yes, only happend when using the powershell module

14 days Better List view popup
rolflobker
rolflobker

No and no
think it popped up 3/20 times
With get-RDMcurrentdatasource, get-rdmdatasource and set-rdmsession (without setting a datasource beforehand)

18 days Better List view popup
rolflobker
rolflobker

That would work, that would work for everything.
Seems like a nice, simple information entry to have specifically for VPN information.
With option to export to an html page , nice layout to share with other parties
Could be used in reports, to find i.e. site-to-site bovpn tunnels with older, weak protocols etc

Custom entry is also flat, does not allow for arrays (i.e. multiple gateways / tunnels , 1:1 NAT )

I get your point, it's nice to have, not a must.
Resources can be better spend on other features, like another suggestion / request by my for even better OpenVPN integration (interaction w/ the openvpn server and multiple tap interfaces)

18 days Request: Informational entry for VPN settings
rolflobker
rolflobker

Sometimes, not consistently.

19 days Better List view popup
rolflobker
rolflobker

Started noticing this with most recent RDM version but possibly been there a while,
Happens when the module wants to open the datasource connection window

19 days Better List view popup
rolflobker
rolflobker

An information entry where VPN settings can be stored could be a welcome addition.

With fields to enter gateways, peer ID,
Phase 1 and phase 2 authentication and encryption methods, (esp, aes, des etc)
whether or not DPD is enabled or not,
if PFS is enabled
What the preshared key or certificate is
IKEv1 or IKEv2

I suppose those who document this currently just put that info in a textfile or excel thingy.

20 days Request: Informational entry for VPN settings
rolflobker
rolflobker

Looks OK to me.
This is the expected outcome.
Did you check if the templates are now present in the target database?

26 days Export multiple templates as a single job/batch
rolflobker
rolflobker

No size limit
Can you post the output of just Get-RDMTemplate ?

27 days Export multiple templates as a single job/batch
rolflobker
rolflobker

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?powershell_cmdlets.htm

Import the Powershell module in Powershell or run it from within RDM.

Then you can list your datasources;

Get-RDMDatasource

Then set the current datasource to where your templates are;

Set-RDMCurrentDataSource < ID from source >

Then grab all templates and put them in a variable;

$template = Get-RDMTemplate

Then you change the datasource to what the target for the templates would be;

Set-RDMCurrentDataSource < ID from target >

and then you import the templates in the variable $template in the target datasource;
$template | set-rdmtemplate

27 days Export multiple templates as a single job/batch
rolflobker
rolflobker

Get-RDMDatasource

Set-RDMCurrentDataSource < ID from source >
$template = Get-RDMTemplate
Set-RDMCurrentDataSource < ID from target >
$template | set-rdmtemplate

28 days Export multiple templates as a single job/batch
rolflobker
rolflobker

Open the Windows Task Manager.
On the Start-Up tab are all the programs that auto start.

2 mths disable RDM autostart when WIndows opens
rolflobker
rolflobker

I see them now.
Under New Entry (+) Ins
Not under the Add menu anymore.
Thanks!

2 mths New Document opens File browser, cannot create new files (ie spreadsheet / rich text) anymore?
rolflobker
rolflobker

Any updates or progress you can share with us David ?

2 mths OpenVPN: Allow multiple active profiles
rolflobker
rolflobker

Not sure since when version;

Add Document now shows an Explorer window to browse for a file.
Looks like it 'autodetects' a lot of filetypes.
Nice feature, I use RDM to keep al our documents in place.

But how do I insert a new, blank file?
That's something I've also used a lot;
Ie add a new Rich Text document for some quick documentation with some screenshots
Or a new Spreadsheet file
without having to go to external tools to create a file first.

Am I missing something or were these features removed?

2 mths New Document opens File browser, cannot create new files (ie spreadsheet / rich text) anymore?
rolflobker
rolflobker

FYI I have seen this on multiple occasions, with different applications and believe this may be more a Windows issue than a RDM issue.

2 mths RDM Looses Focus
rolflobker
rolflobker

SSH shell with default settings.

4 mths How do I send a Break using SSH ?
rolflobker
rolflobker

Nope, too easy wink That doesn't work

rolflobker
rolflobker

Currently running a 99999999 times ping against Google, just found out CTRL-ALT-6 key combination does not send a Break.
How do I send a Break to the SSH console ?

rolflobker
rolflobker

Yup, that's probably it! Using DPS as a data source.
Thanks!

4 mths Smart Folders in RDM 2019.1 beta
rolflobker
rolflobker

I would suggest you leave the creation of additional TAP interfaces up to the end-user.
RDM is for Power Users.

If RDM would add a TAP interface, that would require elevated rights, causing UAC prompts.
This can get very annoying, very quickly.

What maybe would be possible is the following;

In the session properties, upon creation of an OpenVPN session show a remark in the bottom that says 'you must add additional TAP drivers if you want multiple active connections. Click <here> to add a TAP interface, you currently have <X> TAP interfaces.

If RDM knows how much VPN sessions are active (it knows it opened the sessions, plus can interact with the OpenVPN Interactive Service) then it could also show a popup saying 'you have no TAP interfaces free; please close one or more active sessions'. Or perhaps even show a list of sessions so the user can choose to close a specific one.

Also this can make use of the VPN groups to keep a VPN active while we have sessions opened, but close the VPN automatically if no more sessions require the VPN.

I presume everyone can decide for themselves how often they want to run addtap.bat and in RDM a simple infobox warning about no more free TAP interfaces would suffice.

Please do not add features that require elevation under normal use smile

5 mths OpenVPN: Allow multiple active profiles
rolflobker
rolflobker

How do I even use this option?
I have 2019.1.3.0 installed but cannot find anything about Smart or Dynamic folders anywhere.

Edit: found it under new session > miscellaneous.
Not sure why I didn't see it before, found a smart folder template, create one, and then I noticed the entry under Sessions, probably was there before as well but I just didn't look close enough.

Name and tags are however not remembered when I close the properties window (with OK of course) , so it just shows all entries.
I also added a template, the name (what purpose does that serve btw?) and selected tags are remembered in the Template but now when I create a new entry based on that template.

5 mths Smart Folders in RDM 2019.1 beta
rolflobker
rolflobker

James, see my post from yesterday in the Addon section;
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic31417-openvpn-allow-multiple-active-profiles.aspx

I did not know it's now possible to also send multiple commands to an active openvpn-gui. Great find thomas09!
The most elegant option might be to make use of the OpenVPN Interactive Service, that gives RDM greater control of the VPN's (not just a 'send command and hope the GUI works and picks it up') but calling openvpn-gui multiple times would at least give us the option to open multiple vpn connections at once plus this way the Gui icon in the systray also shows the active VPN connections.

Multiple connections would be a very welcome addition, currently we have to constantly switch active VPN's when working on multiple sites at once

An excerpt;

It is necessary to add more TAP interfaces, which can easily be achieved by running;
%programfiles%\TAP-Windows\bin\addtap.bat
The OpenVPN will just use any available TAP interface, but it is also possible to specify a specific interface by using the dev-node operand
I presume RDM launches openvpn-gui.exe --connect somefile.ovpn --config_dir "somedir"
This does not allow for multiple instances.
If we want to achieve multiple active VPN-connection we would have to start openvpn.exe like such;
openvpn.exe --config somepath\somefile.ovpn --auth-user-pass somepath\somefile.txt
Where somefile.txt (if used) has the username on the first line, and the password on the second line.
It is however necessary to run this with elevated rights, and the commandline window remains open.
The Open-VPN GUI bypasses this by addressing the OpenVPN interactive service;
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/OpenVPNInteractiveService (bit outdated info)

5 mths OpenVPN GUI Change to allow for Multiple Connections
rolflobker
rolflobker

With OpenVPN it's possible to have multiple active VPN connections.

This can be very helpful if you need to have a connection to multiple sites, different customers, or just have an active VPN to HQ while being able to open up additional tunnels to different customers.

It is necessary to add more TAP interfaces, which can easily be achieved by running;
%programfiles%\TAP-Windows\bin\addtap.bat

The OpenVPN will just use any available TAP interface, but it is also possible to specify a specific interface by using the dev-node operand

By default the OpenVPN-GUI will not provide any method to open multiple connections, but this can be achieved by placing multiple .ovpn profile-files in the folder; %programfiles%\OpenVPN\config

RDM currently does not seem to be able to make use of this.
If a openssl-connection is active, trying to open another connection does not do anything.

I presume RDM launches openvpn-gui.exe --connect somefile.ovpn --config_dir "somedir"

This does not allow for multiple instances.

If we want to achieve multiple active VPN-connection we would have to start openvpn.exe like such;

openvpn.exe --config somepath\somefile.ovpn --auth-user-pass somepath\somefile.txt
Where somefile.txt (if used) has the username on the first line, and the password on the second line.

It is however necessary to run this with elevated rights, and the commandline window remains open.

The Open-VPN GUI bypasses this by addressing the OpenVPN interactive service;
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/OpenVPNInteractiveService (bit outdated info)

I would very much like to see RDM make use of this.
So that we do not need the OpenVPN-GUI AND can have multiple VPN connections active at the same time.

I presume it would be possible for the RDM client to also interact with the OpenVPN Interactive Service.
Thus being able to transparently open and close VPN connections, whilst also being able to monitor their state.
I.e. RDM could be operating as an alternative to the OpenVPN-GUI client.

Because many different Client VPN solutions actually use OpenVPN under the hood (Watchguard SSL, Sonicwall NetExtender, Sophos SSL) I would very much prefer to use OpenVPN as the 'default' VPN client for SSL-VPN connections.

Therefor I believe emphasis on the OpenVPN 'addon' would greatly benefit RDM.

5 mths OpenVPN: Allow multiple active profiles
rolflobker
rolflobker

The OpenVPN client is also available for Windows and can be used as a replacement for the Watchguard VPN client.

The Watchguard VPN client is also basically an OpenVPN client but with some additions for make it a bit more user friendly.

When you connect to your firewall using the Watchguard VPN client, it authenticates and then fetches a .opvn configuration file and the necessary certificates. Which it then uses to actually connect to the VPN server.

After connecting to the firewall / VPN server using the Watchguard SSLVPN client you can find the client.ovpn, client.crt, client.pem and ca.crt files in this location;
%appdata%WatchGuard\Mobile VPN

In RDM you can just import the .ovpn file and it will take care of the rest.

8 mths Add in saving of / passing in passwords to Watchguard SSL VPN
rolflobker
rolflobker

The Windows 10 October update has a nice feature, which allows clipboard history (win + v) and clipboard cloud syncing.

Turning this on makes RDM's Copy Username / Password practically unuseable.
Nothing is being outputted on Ctrl-V afterwards. If you are very, very quick it's possible you paste the password.

Looks like the clipboard contents are being removed almost instantly with this new feature in Windows turned on

9 mths Clipboard history Win 10 Oct update and RDM don't work together
rolflobker
rolflobker

Nope, that seems to work!
Wasn't the case before, I should have checked this before requesting. Guess I didn't notice this in the changelogs.

11 mths Option to completely hide repositories in RDM Server
rolflobker
rolflobker

Awesome! First time I see those options! Just recently updated?
Or maybe I am using an older version of the Chrome addon on my other desktop

11 mths Prevent browser extensions from bugging me