Forum

Posts by kelemvor (kelemvor)

kelemvor
kelemvor

Also, if someone has a link to version 17 (or whatever version it worked in last), that'd be great.

2 mths Settings tab missing from Edit User Settings on a Putty connection
kelemvor
kelemvor

Hi,

We have a new user starting and I was trying to get him setup in RDM. We went to Edit User Settings for our Putty connections and the Settings tab (where we attach our Private Key from the vault) was missing. I then upgrade my version from .17 to .21 and now I don't have it either.

My connections still work because it has the setting somewhere, but I can no longer edit or add that setting.

If someone could get that fixed, that'd be great.

Thanks.

2 mths Settings tab missing from Edit User Settings on a Putty connection
kelemvor
kelemvor

I'm not finding where to set this setting.

My top item in my Nav pane is our Data Source. The properties option is grayed out.
The 2nd item is the main folder for our company. That one I can go to Properties and Permissions and Custom, but the View Password dropdown is grayed out.

Can you help me figure out where to go?

Also, why was this change made? We have our entries assigned to Security Groups so only the people who should see our entries can see our entries. Why do we need another setting to restrict things that are already restricted?

3 mths I can no longer view Passwords: 2019.1.17.0
kelemvor
kelemvor

Howdy,

I've confirmed with at least one other person that none of us are able to view passwords for saved username/password entries in RDM. When I right-click I only have a View/copy Username option but no more view/copy passwords.

Also, if I open up the properties of these entries, I also do not have the eye icon to let me show what the password is so I'm completely dead in the water.

I don't know if I upgraded directly from 1.16 to 1.17 or which version might have broken it...

Thanks.

3 mths I can no longer view Passwords: 2019.1.17.0
kelemvor
kelemvor

I PM'd you the information. The video was taken on 1.9.0 and I just tried it on my other machine at 1.8.0 and it has the problem as well.

4 mths Cannot switch between server when entries are undocked - Beta
kelemvor
kelemvor

Howdy,

I found a problem with regards to having tabs docked on multiple screens and not being able to switch between them. I took a video since I can't adequately describe the problem here. Can someone let me know who I can send the link to so you can see the problem?

Thanks.

4 mths Cannot switch between server when entries are undocked - Beta
kelemvor
kelemvor

So you can't make it look how it used to? Is there a way I can manually set the active and inactive colors or some other solution?

4 mths Beta Bug: Active tab doesn't show its color
kelemvor
kelemvor

So, the tabs all show their colors now but the inactive tabs have changed to a neon/fluorescent color instead of just a dim color as they were before. Is that something that can be modified?

You can compare this screenshot with the one up in my OP to see the difference.

4 mths Beta Bug: Active tab doesn't show its color
kelemvor
kelemvor

Was this fixed in v1.6.0? I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the release notes and don't want to install it if it's not fixed.
Thanks

4 mths BETA 1.5 - SSH won't connect properly.
kelemvor
kelemvor

I just updated to 2019.1.5.0 and now I can't connect to any of my SSH connections. They all prompt me to register a new fingerprint and then throw an Unknown Error.

Worked fine on the previous version.

Can anyone provide me a direct link to go back to the previous version so I can work today? smile

Thanks.

5 mths BETA 1.5 - SSH won't connect properly.
kelemvor
kelemvor

Great. thanks.

5 mths Beta Bug: Active tab doesn't show its color
kelemvor
kelemvor

We have our sessions colored based on which data center we are connecting to. With the 2019 beta the active tab is gray instead of colored and the inactive tabs have the more bold color that the active tabs used to.

Screenshots below.

5 mths Beta Bug: Active tab doesn't show its color
kelemvor
kelemvor

Also, is there any more information on the new features? What are Smart Folders? How does Session Recording work? etc...

5 mths Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise 2019.1 Beta Is Here
kelemvor
kelemvor

I got a prompt to install this on one of my laptops but not on the other one. I verified that under Application Start I have the dropdown set to All Updates including Beta. However, if I have RDM open and click Check for Updates. That's not finding it. Does the Check for Updates button use different settings than the Application Start option sets?

I had to close RDM and open it back up and then I got the prompt but don't know why the Check for Updates button didn't find it.

5 mths Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise 2019.1 Beta Is Here
kelemvor
kelemvor

Yes. That other thread is exactly what I'm talking about. I have a break when I have to click OK on one screen but it's when the desktop actually loads is when it steals the focus. I'll try that checkbox when I get to work on Monday and see if it does anything since it doesn't appear to be a guaranteed fix.

6 mths Can I prevent tabs from grabbing focus?
kelemvor
kelemvor

Yes. This isn't new. It's always done this. Just never took the time to ask about it before.

kelemvor
kelemvor

I use whatever the latest Beta version is.

And just to be clear, I'm not talking about when I open a new session. I'm talking about after the session has opened and I get to our "Terms & Conditions" screen. I click OK to complete the sign in and after that it grabs the focus again even if I have switched to another tab to click OK on that one.

If it can't be changed that's fine. It's just something I find annoying. smile

kelemvor
kelemvor

Many times I will open up multiple RDP sessions at the same time. On each tab I have to click OK to the Terms type screen when logging onto our servers. I try to go Tab, OK, next tab, OK, etc. However after I click OK and move to the next tab, when the first tab starts loading up my desktop it grabs the focus back which messes up what I'm looking at. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks.

kelemvor
kelemvor

We use a SQL Server database.

7 mths Email required for internal users? Wasn't before...?
kelemvor
kelemvor

Howdy,

I went in today to edit a couple users that we have and when I changed their roles and clicked OK, I was prompted that I had to add an email address for them. Our users are pulled from our active directory system via the Integrated Used checkbox. I'm not sure if something changed or if something is broken.

I also noticed that some of our users say "Domain" for the user type and some say "Database". Not sure why that is either. Any thoughts?

7 mths Email required for internal users? Wasn't before...?
kelemvor
kelemvor

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

• When going in Administration -> Data Source Settings ->Applications and check the option Disable entry drag and drop, this will modify your local configuration in File -> Options to disable the drag and drop. Please note that this option will also disable the drag and drop for your administrators.

So it sounds like this option disables Drag & Drop for everyone? But right-click | Move still works so I'm fine with that.

I'll try that method.

8 mths Any way to lock down the ability to move folders around?
kelemvor
kelemvor

Howdy,

We have our RDM instance pretty open for people to add new sessions and modify exiting settings. However, every so often someone will accidentally move an entire folder to a new location or something like that.

Is there any way to only allow people to edit the information within a session but not actually move sessions around or modify entire folders?

I don't want to have to remove the edit & delete ability for everyone but it's a pain to go fix things when someone messed things up.

Thanks.

8 mths Any way to lock down the ability to move folders around?
kelemvor
kelemvor

I tried the custom installer but we have some people who update all the time. The latest customer installer version I could make was 14.0.2.0. We have some people already on 14.0.4.0. When I try to run the MSI for those people it won't install because it won't install an older version.

I ended up sending out a link to the new installer to everyone and just told the people with the latest version to modify their DataSource manually. I think we'll be OK.

Thanks.

9 mths Easiest way to update everyone's Data Source location? (SQL)
kelemvor
kelemvor

Hi,

We use a SQL database for our data but we are moving all the databases over to a new server. Is there an easy way that a user can update their data source or install a new one or anything without having to add it in manually? Can I use a batch file, powershell, or anything else to make this happen?

The only thing I thought of is creating a new custom installer with the new datasource but I don't know if the installer will let it install an older version than what someone already has installed or not.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this?

Thanks!

9 mths Easiest way to update everyone's Data Source location? (SQL)
kelemvor
kelemvor

Works great now! Thanks.

Is there any way to select multiple tabs and issue a Logoff to them all at once? That'd be great if I could.

10 mths Error logging off via right-clicking on a tab
kelemvor
kelemvor

Thanks for the update.

kelemvor
kelemvor

Just tried it after changing it from logoff to shutdown /l and got the error that:
"Windows cannot find 'shutdo'....

It cut off the 'wn /l'.

10 mths bug introduced - logging out of server 2016
kelemvor
kelemvor

I'm having the same issue but not only on Server 2016. I get errors that 'logof' and sometimes 'logo' aren't valid commands as well. I'm on 13.9.10.0 but this has been happening for at least a month or so I'd guess.

I'll check the settings mentioned up above.

10 mths bug introduced - logging out of server 2016
kelemvor
kelemvor

It does appear that it's the same issue but it is no limited to Server 2016. I just tried logging off of a 2012 box and got the error that 'logo' is not a valid command so it didn't register either of the f's. I'll follow that other post so you can close this one.

kelemvor
kelemvor

Hi,

I sometimes right-click a tab and choose Logoff when I need to quickly log off of a bunch of servers I'm remoted into. For the last month or so I've been having trouble getting that to work. When I choose Logoff, I will get an error that says: "Windows cannot find 'logof'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

It seems like RDM is sending the word "logoff" to the remote machine followed by an <enter> key but it's either going too quickly to register the last 'f' or there's a bug that it's not sending the last 'f'.

I know choosing Logoff from the menu used to send "shutdown /l" but maybe that changed to sending "logoff" now?

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions on what might be wrong, that'd be great.

Thanks.