Forum

Posts by Penny Cilin (Penny Cilin)

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I use RDM v7.5.0.0. If I have some Remote Desktops Connections open and sorted it in diifernet tabs. The different tabs are difficult to indistinguishable. So it would be a great help to colorize the tabs.

8 yrs Colorization of the tabs
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Thanx, it's a small bug/request.

8 yrs CTRL-A in fields doesn't work
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I'm using RDM v7.1.0.0. The key CTRL-A (select all) doesn't work. You must select the entry in a filed with the mouse.

8 yrs CTRL-A in fields doesn't work
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Why do you post two times the same? Whaaaaa?

8 yrs Inserting Images
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Hello Martin,

what is your reason for different colors?
Why do you need/want it?

8 yrs different fontcolors
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Ooops, sorry from me. I mean the session list.

8 yrs Dashboard pinned / unpinned
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I ask if there are plans to pin/unpin the dashboard.
From mRemotNG you can pin or unpin the dashboard. So if the Dashboard is unpinned, the RDP Session will automatically resize.
This is a feature I miss in RDP.
If the Dashboard is unpinned the screen size can get up to 1900 x 1180 pixels on a 24" Widescreen.
If the Dashboard is pinned the actual screen size is 1596 x 1042 pixels.

8 yrs Dashboard pinned / unpinned
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Yes it's a very good tool. I've started with v6.6 and using now v7 as a portable installation.

Thank you very much.

8 yrs Devolutions Releases New and Improved Version 7.0
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Great, that I've helped. For security, please collapse the credential folder. So no-one can see which credentials are defined.

8 yrs RDM 7.0.3.0-Create folders/hide credential entries
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

The function maybe a little bit misunderstanding. In the second screenshot you see the Session groups, but when you name the group in the field and click the button "add group" it creates the subfolder and in the subfolder there is the credential entry.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Do you have to add a Credential entry?
When I do this it create a folder in the credentials.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

You can also collapse the credentials, so no-one can see which credentials are defined.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

To create folders or subfolders for credential entries.
1. Create a credential entry.
2. Click the three dots right the field Group/folder
In the opening window name the new group/folder and the place wher to store. That's it.
See the screenshots....
<em>edited by Penny Cilin on 3/21/2012</em>

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

There's a question. If I create a sub connection for Remote Management HP iLO. The Remote Management has a different name, which included the hostname of the OS and a suffix (example: Hostname is win-pc, the iLo interface is win-pc_ilo). How can I handle this with the defined variables?

8 yrs Server Remote Management (such as iLO or IBM IMM)
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Ah, ok I have found it.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Hm, ok. But I don't understand completely. I have created a credential entry filled with user name and password. Next I have created a sub connection. in the login tab, the password is auto filled. But how can I autofill the user name?

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

RDM has implemented Hardware Remote Management such as HPs iLO. On the information tab I can define the webaddress of the Remote Management. But where can I define the credentials?
In most fiirms there is one userid and password for the Remote Management (iLO or IBM RSA, RSA II and IMM).
I think it will be a good idea, for hardware servers you can define the credentials for Remote Management as for normal connections (RDP).

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

In most applications the shortcut key, used with {ALT} is underlined. So at first glance, you can see the shortcuts.
This will be also very helpful to work with RDM with keyboard.
Custom defined shortcuts. In some applications, you can add or redefine shortcuts.
Is it a chance to see this in the next release? smile

8 yrs Simple but useful: Shortcut key underlined...
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

OK, that's fine. So this thread can marked as [solved]

8 yrs How to install the addons for RDM in portable mode
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Thank you for your support. I will tell you the steps how I installed RDM.
1. Downloading RDM v6.6 ZIP-file and extract it to D:\. It creates the directory "D:\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.6.0.0"
2. Downloading the add-on "PowerTools1.3.0.0.zip" and unzip it to the program directory (see above).
3. Starting RDM v6.6 and check the add-ons. The add-ons are shown in "Help | About" and in "Tools | Add-on Manager".
4. Downloading RDM v7.0.3.0 ZIP-File and extract it to "D:\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.7.0.3.0"
5. Extracting the add-on "PowerTools1.3.0.0.zip" to the program directory of RDM v7.
6. Starting RDM v7. There are NO add-ons installed.
I hope it helps to reproduce my problem.
<em>edited by Penny Cilin on 3/19/2012</em>

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

Yep it works. So the next step, I have renamed my folders on the USB-Sick: So "<drive>:\PortableApps\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.6.6.0.0" is now "<drive>:\PortableApps\RDM_6_6_0_0" and "<drive>:\PortableApps\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.7.0.3.0" is now "<drive>:\PortableApps\RDM_7_0_3_0". it works now. THANK YOU for your great Support.
But I'm a little bit confused, while v6.6.0.0 works with the old pathname including the punctuations. And v7.0.3.0 works not. :-(

For the database source path I'm using ".\Connections.xml".

But where is the informations stored about the installed add-ons?

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

The application log ist empty?!
I have tested various installation paths. in v6.6.0.0 works fine, all manual installed addons are usable. In v7.0.3.0 none of them can I see as installed in Help | About or Tools | Add-On Manager. Maybe it is a problem of parallel installation of v6.6 and v7.0.3? I have installed v6.6 in the path <drive>:\PortableApps\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.6.6.0.0 with the add-ons. And have installed v7.0.3 in the path <drive>:\PortableApps\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.7.0.3.0. with the add-ons. So the DLLs are also in both installation paths.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I have tested it with two opened sessions. No it doesn't work.

8 yrs Edit an active session with Ctrl-E...
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

If you have a session active and you would like to edit this session. The shortcut CTRL+E doesn't work. If you want to edit the session properties you must open the context menue of the active session.
On inactive sessions the shortcut works properly.

8 yrs Edit an active session with Ctrl-E...
Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I have reinstalled v6.6.0.0 and v7.0.3.0. In v6.6.0.0 it works and in v7.0.3.0 it don't works. I have tested on a second machine (Win 7 Home Premium) and have the same effect. Maybe it is the trial period? The trial version expire in 5 days.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I have tried the following addons/dlls: AzureStorageExplorerAddOn.dll, Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.dll, HeidiSQLAddOn.dll, SerialDataEntryAddOn.dll, PowerToolsAddOn.dll, VMwareViewAddOn.dll, SqlServerAddOn.dll, SmartFTPAddOn.dll, FlashFXPAddOn.dll, MySQLDataSourceAddOn.dll, MySQLGuiAddOn.dll, VPNAddOn.dll and many more none of them are listed in v7.0.3.0
I make a backup/copy of the following files: connections.xml, conncetions.log, RemoteDesktopManager.cfg - cleanup Registry, reboot the machine and doing a new installation with the binary files.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

The addons aren't shown under Help | About nor under Tools | Addon Manager.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I have downloaded it and unzipped directly in the folder. Operating system is Windows XP with SP3.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I have tested it with version 6.6.0.0 and it works. But in version 7.0.3.0 it works not. I'm in the trial mode. And having 6 days.

Penny Cilin
Penny Cilin

I'm using RDM in portable mode running from a USB stick. It works fine. But the addons are not installed in the directory on the USB stick.
The addons are installed in the directory "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<userid>a000683\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager"

How can I install the addons for using in portable mode on different machines?