Forum

Posts by dbannerman (dbannerman)

dbannerman
dbannerman

Im trying to remember the problem now, It left my memory bank.
I believe there was a problem with the WMI service. It wasnt loaded.

David Bannerman
Linfield Christian School

5 yrs Systeminfo.exe output to host Information/Notes tab.
dbannerman
dbannerman

I have my computers setup with UltraVNC and that works fine, but I was getting some UltraVNC popups that were irritating and David recommended using VNC Default setting instead. Well that solved the popup error windows on bad connections, but now I can't close the tabs with the VNC connections. And cant close down RDM program without task manager shutdown. I am running latest version of RDM.

David Bannerman

5 yrs VNC Connections in Default mode do not close.
dbannerman
dbannerman

Looking forward to the day when RDM can import data from Spiceworks. Someone is working on that I hope.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Spiceworks Integration
dbannerman
dbannerman

Thank You for the help. That cleared up some questions I had. It works for me now.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Sorry. 7.3.00108.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Version 10.5.4.0

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

I am noticing that if I have a vnc connection that has incorrect credentials or an unavailable server, the UltraVNC (VncViewer Message Box) pops under RDM. Then a RDM "Connection Refused" error box opens under RDM. These pop under error messages start stacking up and need to be manually closed. Any way to control the output of these error messages?
vncerror
connectionError

Also if you have these error pop unders stacked up, waiting to be closed and you click on the tree menu (rt click), it will stay open until you close the hidden error pop ups (under).

menu
popunder

Thanks!
edited by dbannerman on 4/15/2015
edited by dbannerman on 4/15/2015

David Bannerman

5 yrs UltraVNC Error messages
dbannerman
dbannerman

I need the correct way to login and avoid errors. I get invalid XML file. I have seen others in the forum with the same problems, but I don't see any solutions, instructions or FAQ. I have also posted in Spiceworks forums for help.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Still waiting for a reply. I am getting errors using Spiceworks integration, and need help.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Is there a manual or write up that explains proper setup of Spiceworks integration? I see other people have had problems with this also.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Running the latest 10.5.2.0 and the Remote Registry feature does not allow enough entries to show. Only shows so many entries, and will not allow you to scroll to view all.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Remote Registry feature does not show all items.
dbannerman
dbannerman

I am sending email message to support with complete details. Forum back and forth is going to take to long. Thanks anyway.

David Bannerman

5 yrs RDM Beta 10.1.11.0 (Loaded 2/25/15) Has a problem!
dbannerman
dbannerman

After a reboot and deleting lyt files, the program looks like its not connecting to my data sources. Got 0 entries and I have no idea what went bad. Can I re-install software? I pay for the online database backup. Maybe I should stay away from the Beta releases.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

The pop up window covers everything from ADMINISTRATOR tab left. I cant get to anything on left side.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Im getting a a strange window in top left screen witch covers up application. It appears to show programming data of some sort.
Capture

Something is wrong.....

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Opens in RDM.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Minor Design error - Port Scan Macro on VNC entries.
dbannerman
dbannerman

I use UltraVNC. Not sure if its embedded. How can I tell?

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Noticed the VNC port entry in latest version, but it does not work. Changing to say 5901, it will still try connecting to 5900. If I add " :5901 " to my host name it will connect.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

When running "Inventory" macro I get a Bios Version: DELL - 15
Systeminfo cmd gives correct BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A18, 8/06/2013

Running RDM version 10.1.3.0

David Bannerman

5 yrs Inventory macro shows incorrect BIOS info.
dbannerman
dbannerman

Ok I got that WMI error figured out. The report works fine. Thanks.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

I get errors every time. Unable to access Inventory report. Error getting WMI scope. I am connected to remote computer with RDC as domain administrator.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

All it needs in my opinion is about 5 seconds and auto close. Just long enough to see that packet was sent. Thx.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Magic Packet Sent! - Popup notification that auto closes without clicking ok.
dbannerman
dbannerman

Auto Closing popups would be nice! Especially when doing a batch.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Magic Packet Sent! - Popup notification that auto closes without clicking ok.
dbannerman
dbannerman

Would really like to make this a batch macro, that would run systeminfo.exe and output text into the host RDC entry's Information/Notes tab. Or even better take the output text and auto fill some basic fields automatically. Memory, Operating System, Etc. ( Ex. SYSTEMINFO |find "Total Physical Memory:")

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Just a minor design error comment about the Port Scan macro. When I use the macro on a VNC entry that does not use standard 5900 port, it gets a bit confused by the extra "::5901" on the host name. Port scan then pulls up 5900 with a host of computer::5901. Best way to solve this would be to add a place on the VNC entry for the VNC Port to separate it from the host name.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

Would like to see the online backup files show at minimum 2 more info columns. One to show amount of entry records, and another to show if backup was Manual or Automatically generated. Secondly' a bookmark or flag of backup as the preferred restoral file, since it would be hard to re trace our steps if last known good backup time was not noted.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Feature Request - Online Backup Files - More Info / Options
dbannerman
dbannerman

Well it's happening again. I restored from an online backup to correct some bad entries, and when it finished I lost all my sub connections. Had 381 entries did the restore and now I have 297 entries (No Sub Connections). I restarted RDM, hit REFRESH and nothing is working. I am using RDM 10.1.2.0 on Windows 7 machine. Please help me ASAP thank you.

David Bannerman

5 yrs Online Backup Problem - Missing Sub Connections.
dbannerman
dbannerman

When tabbed RDC connections are opened to full screen or undocked, remote screen will not re-size.

David Bannerman

5 yrs ├četa 10.1.1.0 - Screen resize issue.
dbannerman
dbannerman

Interesting. I pulled up old computer, executed a manual backup and then shutdown the computer. Re-installed new computer and restored that backup. It works fine now. I will keep you posted if I run into further issues. Thanks.

David Bannerman

dbannerman
dbannerman

I seemed to have run into a strange problem. There are a couple of factors that I will detail just so I get the facts straight. My computer running RDM at work had about 387 or so entries and was running 10.1.0.0. I had purchased the online backup subscription, and see it has been making backups online for a couple of days. I upgraded my work computer re installed RDM software and re entered subscription serial numbers. RDM then wanted to update to 10.1.1.0 and I allowed it to do that. I then did a restore of my latest backup and found that I was missing about 80+ connections. The missing entries were all the sub connection VNC entries I had entered. Not one sub connection entry was restored. I will be going back into the office today, and will get back on the old computer to see if I can copy the db files manually over to new installation. Please respond quickly, because I can't continue my data entry until this is resolved.
edited by dbannerman on 12/20/2014

**At work now. Old computer with RDM 10.1.0.0 still has all my sub connections intact. **
edited by dbannerman on 12/20/2014

David Bannerman