Forum

Posts by MarcST1984 (MarcST1984)

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello Erica,

i have try the permissions. If the user doesn't have any rights to view the passwords, is it possible to hide the password ?
So if a user have no rights, so he doen't have to see it.

Our imagination is that, any Admin can see any session entry.
The Passowrds are only visible for the responsible person, which cared for network storage or somthing else.

Our Head of IT can see every passwords.

8 mths Password Management User Access Rights
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello Erica,

i can view the passwords entry, even if i put the rights.
I have one folder Cisco Telepresence, a user group "Cisco Telepresence" have full rights.
One specific User should have only access to the sessions, not to the passwords.

How can i handle that ?

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,

the current DPS Release have no possibility to manage access to the passwords.
If i have permissions to view entrys, i have permissions to passwords as well.
I miss the possibility to separate that.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

The domain config with NETBIOS works, the FQDN don't work fo us.

9 mths Windows Authentication feature not working with DPS 6.0/RDM 14
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

i have ivolved the Mateso support as well.
Do you have contacts to the mateso developer ?

9 mths Add Mateso Passwordsafe as Password Storage
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

For your information,

any tries to sign in failed, with any authentication.
Workaroud:

I edit the DPS settings, go on Domain and save the settings again.
After that, the authentication was successfully.

I had the same mistake yesterday morning.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hi Jeff,

this are the the results of the debug process.
I send this result to support with subject "Issue Mateso Addon"

Silent: PsrApi.PsrServiceException: Die Eingabe ist keine gültige Base-64-Zeichenfolge, da sie ein Nicht-Base-64-Zeichen, mehr als zwei Leerstellen oder in den Leerstellen ein Zeichen enthält, das ungültig ist.
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.ParseResponseForServiceException(String responseString)
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.<Get>d__15`1.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<PrepareWebService>d__13.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<LoginInternal>d__10.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<Login>d__7.MoveNext()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MatesoPasswordSafeManager.cfafc71ae14ae20c28e22217c444dcd54.MoveNext()
5 - Connection States: Refresh : 0 ms
Silent: PsrApi.PsrServiceException: Die Eingabe ist keine gültige Base-64-Zeichenfolge, da sie ein Nicht-Base-64-Zeichen, mehr als zwei Leerstellen oder in den Leerstellen ein Zeichen enthält, das ungültig ist.
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.ParseResponseForServiceException(String responseString)
bei PsrApi.Internals.ServiceClients.PsrWebServiceClientBase.<Get>d__15`1.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<PrepareWebService>d__13.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<LoginInternal>d__10.MoveNext()
bei PsrApi.Managers.AuthenticationManager.<Login>d__7.MoveNext()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MatesoPasswordSafeManager.cfafc71ae14ae20c28e22217c444dcd54.MoveNext()
XML.SaveConnection...
PrivateConnectionManager.Refresh : 29 ms
XML.SaveConnection : 175 ms
PrivateConnectionManager.Refresh : 30 ms
Tree view is loading 1 connections
TreeView.LoadConnectionList...
GetGroupInfos : 0 ms
BeginUpdate...
*** WARNING [Load Connections Detailed] Enabled ***
Loading Credential Mateso [84538eb2-42fa-437d-8ac5-a2b4b8319727]
LoadConnectionList : 0 ms
ApplyGroupCustomImages : 0 ms
LoadConnectionInTreeNode : 14 ms
PreCreateGroups : 0 ms - Count : 1
BeginUpdate : 55 ms
TreeView.LoadConnectionList : 91 ms
SelectionChanged...
LoadConnectionList : 0 ms
SelectionChanged : 34 ms

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hi,

this is my output.

DPS V 6.0.2.0
RDM 14.0.4.0

fill in Credentials manually.

Windows Authentication - successful

Properties:

Domain: FQDN without .local , @

This setting working good, for us.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hi,
we have enterprise plus license, i had fill in the required information.
I can't login to the mateso server.

Maybe anyone can help me in a remote session

Enviroment:

RDM 14.0.4.0
Mateso: 8.6.0.15386

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,

yes i'm able to log with windows authentication.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,
i configured a user account which have enough privilege
I change the settings from"current windows session" to "use custom credentials".
This change had a success.

I will send you a DPS report as well.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

DPS Report is delivered

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

I get the same error, i have been happy too early

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,
the new DPS V 6.0.2.0 is available.
This Version fix the issue with windows Authenticatio.

I update and works.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,

we run the following enviroment.

RDM V. 14.0.3.0
DPS V. 6.0.1.0

If i try to edit the folder permission ( standard to custom ) the application freeze.
My last possibility is, killing the rdm process.

The fault consits in RDM and Web as well.

9 mths RDM Application freeze at Folder Permissions
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello Erica,
thanks.

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hi,
still there with DPS 6.0.1.0 and RDM V.14.0.2.0

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hi,

i have a onccuring fault in the Devolutions Server Webaccess.
Can you help me to eliminate.

TypeError: Die Eigenschaft "children" eines undefinierten oder Nullverweises kann nicht abgerufen werden.
at n.prototype.setValuesForListView (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/11.3c191ec3a09a7ce6452f.js:1:131028)
at Anonymous function (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/11.3c191ec3a09a7ce6452f.js:1:128867)
at t.prototype.__tryOrUnsub (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/main.60590d2640e17a7d3243.js:1:760925)
at t.prototype.next (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/main.60590d2640e17a7d3243.js:1:760067)
at t.prototype._next (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/main.60590d2640e17a7d3243.js:1:759107)
at t.prototype.next (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/main.60590d2640e17a7d3243.js:1:758790)
at Anonymous function (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/main.60590d2640e17a7d3243.js:1:1527336)
at t.prototype.invoke (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/polyfills.f74a6b736a29eeb8e163.js:1:7972)
at onInvoke (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/main.60590d2640e17a7d3243.js:1:448322)
at t.prototype.invoke (http://svardmsrv1/dvls/polyfills.f74a6b736a29eeb8e163.js:1:7972)

The following error was received by at 9/13/2018 6:50:54 AM
Error:
NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.AddOnConnection.DoSetUserName(Connection owner, ConnectionType connectionTypeValue, String subConnectionType, String userName) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connection.DoSetUserName(Connection owner, ConnectionType connectionTypeValue, String subConnectionType, String userName) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.BaseConnection.DoSetCredentials(Connection owner, ConnectionType connectionTypeValue, String subConnectionType, String userName, String password, String domain) at Devolutions.Server.ConnectionOverrideManager.DoApplyCredentialOverride(Connection connection, BaseConnectionOverride connectionOverride) at Devolutions.Server.ConnectionOverrideManager.ApplyCredentialOverride(SessionContext context, Connection connection) at Devolutions.Server.SecurityManager.CanViewPasswordRights(SessionContext context, ConnectionInfoEntity connectionInfo) at Devolutions.Server.SecurityManager.CanViewPassword(SessionContext context, ConnectionInfoEntity currentConnection, Connection deserializeConnection) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Server.Managers.PartialConnectionManager.SetPartialConnectionPermissions(SessionContext context, PartialConnection partial, ConnectionInfoEntity connectionInfoEntity, Boolean defaultRooCanView) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Server.Managers.PartialConnectionManager.CreatePartialConnectionNoData(SessionContext context, ConnectionInfoEntity connectionInfoEntity, Boolean defaultRootCanView, Boolean isPrivate) at Devolutions.Server.ConnectionNavigationManager.CreatePartialTree(SessionContext context, PartialConnection partialConnectionBase, ConnectionInfoEntity[] connectionInfoEntities, Boolean defaultRootCanView, Boolean isPrivate) at Devolutions.Server.ConnectionNavigationManager.GetConnectionsTree(SessionContext context) at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.V2.BackendApiController.GetPartialConnectionTree() at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext() --- Default
Source:
RemoteDesktopManager.Business

11 mths Webaccess Fault
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Great, the user shuldn't change the base credentials.
If this user have access, so he can use the base credentils or the user-speifc wich are managed by himself.

2 yrs Security Role Passwort Change
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,

the application have different Security Rights for an entry.
In my opinion, the right Password Change is missing.

Every user with access to the entry can change the credentials.
You have that on screen in the following version ?

2 yrs Security Role Passwort Change
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,
you're right. I dont't want the authentication be done automaticlly.
In this case, there are no credentials configured in the entry.
I only want to use the passworlist.

If i perform copy username and password, the Passowrdlist open.
I only can copy the username in the first window, the second window allows me copy the password.
I hope the application could copy the username and password in the first window.

I had a uge project in the past, so sry. I opend a second post withe the same problem.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic29674-passwordlist-copy-username-and-passwort.aspx

2 yrs HMTL session with different credentials
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello Devolutions Team,
i have an entry for a connection to a website.
This are my options for this entry.

As you can see, i use a passwordlist to manage my differnet credentials.

Usually, i copy my credentials in clipboard before i start the session.
Here comes the problem. If i use passworlist and copy the username & password to clipboard, the applikation doesn't
copy both.

It appear twice a passworlist window.
If i click the first entry, the applicaion will copy the username.
The same window pops up a second time and i will copy the password.

I have the problem since i use the application ( V8 )
I hope you can fix this problem, this would make a better work process.

Kind Regards
Marc Stawitzki

2 yrs Passwordlist Copy Username and Passwort
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Here are the Screens. :-)
In the first screen i can't copy the Username/password in the clipboard.
This is very goofy, i dont't use the Autofill so i want to copy the credentilals manually.

If i use the option to copy my username/password ( screen2 ), this works.
But, if i start the session ( screen3) it promt the "passwordlist" again.

I have different credentials, i try to select one of the credentials and copy it in the clipboard.
I hope you can understand my thoughts. :-)

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,

i try to connect to a Vphere HMTL session with different credentials.
I use the "passwortlist". When i start the session i can't copy username/password.

If a copy username/password before and start the session, the "passwordlist" still prompt.
How can i handle that ?
What is the best practise ?

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Yeah, thats it.
Thanks

2 yrs Factory Default Options
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello Min,
thank you very much. So, i delete the folder in %Appdata%...
After this the application comes up with the same options.
The application creates a new Folder, but with the same options as well.

Make i a mistake ?

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,
i have to reset my Remote Desktop Manager Options to factory defaults.
How can i handle that?

MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,
i have finally try differnet options.
So, when i login with the UPN "offi2010@..." the security settings are going to be right.
If i login with my Windows Credentials this works as good as the previous login.

The issue happens, if i login with the Netbios Login manually. "bg10\offi2010"
Usually, my Users use the Windows Credentials to login.

2 yrs 2 Security Groups
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

Hello,

i also have use the Windows Authentification. I change to UPN and the issue is solve.
So I set custom rights on the top folder and custom rights on sub folders as well.

It works with UPN but, it would be more pretty with Windows Authentification.
I read the Post from another user, he have the same trouble.

2 yrs 2 Security Groups
MarcST1984
MarcST1984

I have send a report

2 yrs 2 Security Groups