Forum

Posts by Xavier Fortin (xfortin)

Xavier Fortin
Xavier FortinDevolutions staff

Hi Cyndi,

The conversation between me and imranzahid continued via private message and I did end up coming up with a fix that as since been included in RDM Mac. The old script was not handling Certificate message, so I added a "Connect anyway" confirmation checkbox that needs to be checked if you have this Certificate confirmation window. You must also select if the Certificate window appears before or after the authentication. Here is the settings view:

ConnectAnyway

Please, confirm if this solves your issue or not.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

6 hrs Error in Cisco AnyConnect VPN connection
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

No problem. I was just mentioning it for internal consistency.

Could you tell what is the OS versions of the servers you are connecting to?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 days Constant disconnect/reconnect after updating to Catalina OSX 10.15
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

This looks the same as this error: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic32342-connections-constantly-dropping-after-upgrade-to-.aspx#post132228

This is still under investigation.

I'm not particularly keen in recommending this, but could you try the RDP Legacy Engine and see if you reproduce the same issue? You can choose the Legacy engine in the Preferences: Session Type -> RDP -> General -> RDP Engine.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 days Constant disconnect/reconnect after updating to Catalina OSX 10.15
Xavier Fortin

Hi ilimac,

Glad to hear it!

Don't hesitate if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

16 days RDM for Mac 2016.1.8.0 Master key
Xavier Fortin

Hi ilimac,

Masterkeys encrypt data sources data. Just clearing the Masterkey field would not be enough to remove the encryption on the data. To do so, you'd have to load your data source (and enter the proper Masterkey), click on the File -> Change Master Key ribbon item and click on the "No Master Key" bottom left button in the shown window. After this you should no longer be ask for a masterkey.

ChangeMasterKey

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

16 days RDM for Mac 2016.1.8.0 Master key
Xavier Fortin

Hi bmukul,

Even with this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjqo0pf3pomuhu3/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Free.Mac.2019.1.8.1568992497.dmg?dl=0?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

22 days Can not register RDM free version
Xavier Fortin

Hi Tom,

1) With how the SSH Terminal is done at the moment, this would still requires us to implement the user authentication part. The SSH Terminal component is only an SSH terminal, it has no local mode.

2) Well, as I mentioned, we did not test on a server with Yubikey auth. What is the behavior your are observing?

I can show you how I'm setup on my side. Firstly, because of point 1) the username is required. So is the password if "Always ask password" isn't checked:

General

Secondly, we need the "Password prompt string" to do the autofill. This is the label that would be shown when come the time to authenticate using the standard method through the Terminal app:

Terminal

Thirdly, and most importantly, "Interactive authentication in terminal" must be set to True. This is what allows the 2FA authentication to appear in the terminal:

Advanced

Finally, when I launch my session, I get the 2FA prompt as such:

VerificationCode

Entering my Google Auth key then connect me properly. I'd expect something similar for Yubikeys.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

24 days ssh sessions and username/password options
Xavier Fortin

Hi ninjanesse,

Glad to hear it! Maybe your proxy blocks some address? You should probably add devolutions.net in the exceptions?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

24 days Can not register RDM free version
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

I can't reproduce on my side. Could it have possibly only been a connection error? Could your internet have been down at the time? Have you tried since? Do you still have this error?

Can you describe exactly what happens? Are you prompted for the Cloud authentication?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

25 days Can not register RDM free version
Xavier Fortin

Hi Tom,

1) No, at this moment this is not possible. I can make it so that if you leave the username field empty, you will be prompted for it in a dialog window. Would this be alright with you?

2) As explained in my previous post, I believe it should work. Though, the username field must be filled. Have you tried to follow the instructions I've laid out?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

25 days ssh sessions and username/password options
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

The issue was fixed since the release of RDM Free 2019.1.8.0. If you are willing to use a preview version, here is one that should contain the fix:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjqo0pf3pomuhu3/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Free.Mac.2019.1.8.1568992497.dmg?dl=0

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

28 days Can not register RDM free version
Xavier Fortin

Hi ninjanesse,

I've moved your post to the RDM Mac board.

There seems to be an issue with the "Use registration from Devolutions Cloud" option. I'll investigate this and get back in touch with you.

Best regards

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

28 days Can not register RDM free version
Xavier Fortin

Hi Tom,

1) The simpler answer is no, the username is required for the connection. Can you describe to me your user case? What is it you are trying to accomplish?

If you want to open the session with custom credentials, you can use the Right Click -> Open with Parameters -> Open (Select Credentials)... -> Custom to fill custom credentials when launching an entry.

If it is because you have multiple user using the same data source, you can also make them edit there user specific settings to override the credentials of the session. The user specific settings can be changed through the Right Click -> Edit -> User Specific Settings option. There will be an Override Credentials check box.

2) Most likely, though admittedly we did not test this specific case. Our test were mainly with Google Auth. I can't think of a reason why it would not work though.

For it to work, you'd need to set the SSH Shell -> Advanced -> "Interactive authentication in terminal option" to True. After enabling this option, if you still want the password autofill to work, you'd have to set the SSH Shell -> Terminal -> "Password prompt string" to the expected Password label (often something like "Password:").

Please, tell me if you need more help.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

28 days ssh sessions and username/password options
Xavier Fortin

Hi Tom,

This must mean that newer versions of FreeRDP have a bug with your server authentication. Just keep in mind though that the Legacy engine (as its name implies) is based on a quite older version of FreeRDP (it hasn't been updated in about 3 years) and is no longer actively supported by us (by which I mean, we no longer updated it and bring new features to it).

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

30 days RDP connections closing without known cause
Xavier Fortin

Hi Tom,

Yes, our embedded RDP session uses FreeRDP. As mentionned though, the "Standard RDP Security mechanisms" is deprecated, so we can assume there is no active development on it.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths RDP connections closing without known cause
Xavier Fortin

Hi Tom,

Your server appears to be configured to use the old and deprecated encryption of RDP. I'd suggest making sure that the server in question is properly configure to support TLS. This would most likely resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths RDP connections closing without known cause
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

Firstly, I'll admit being no export with YubiKeys.

I've used the YubiKey Personalization Tool to reconfigure my YubiKey. I selected the Yubico OTP tab and clicked on the Quick button. After this I clicked on the Regenerate button, the Write Configuration to overwrite the configuration slot and then finally the Upload to Yubico button.

After this my YubiKey worked as expected in RDM Mac.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths Configuring Yubikey for 2FA for Mac Remote Desktop Manager Free
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

We will do point 1 "Alternate Host information in overview" and point 3 "The possibility to do a search using the Alternate Host field", but we do not support adding columns in session tree or table view. So point 2 "The possibility to add the Alternate Host field as a column in the treeview" is not possible as of this moment.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths Show alternate host on the overview tab
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

This is as I expected it. For add ons, this would be quite an undertaking. We're not completely ruling out doing it in the future, but it is not something we are looking into for the forseeable future. The same also applies for unsupported sessions, this would require implementing a certain basic level of support for all unsupported sessions which is also a lot of work (though admittedly less than with the add ons).

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths Unable to copy or view credentials for some session types
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

At the top of my head, I'm not sure what could be the issue. There might be issue with the implementation in RDM Free Mac or lack of support for some type of Yubikey. I'll investigate this and get back to you on this.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths Configuring Yubikey for 2FA for Mac Remote Desktop Manager Free
Xavier Fortin

Hi Scott,

Could you send me the entire log (as described in my previous post)? We can see the "BIO_read returned a system error 60: Operation timed out", but we only this, I have no clue as to what is timing out.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths Connections constantly dropping after upgrade to 2019.1.7.0
Xavier Fortin

Hi Frank,

Glad to hear this work now!

I have to say the AnyConnect integration is a difficult one to maintain. The application itself does not provide command line or AppleScript support and offer no other supported way to feed it credentials. Therefore we have to interract with the UI directly (with Assistive Access). This is prone to breaking if they do any changes of consequence to the UI of the application.

In those instances, do not hesitate to communicate with us and we will see if we can fix the integration.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths AnyConnect for Mac
Xavier Fortin

Hi Frank,

Do you mean the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client? If so, there is a VPN entry for it:

Do you have issues with it?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths AnyConnect for Mac
Xavier Fortin

Hi damian,

Have you tried the latest version of RDM?

RDM 2019.1.6.0 was released with the implementation of the "prompt", "window.alert" and "confirm" JavaScript method that shows popup windows.

If it still doesn't work, there might be other popup method that I am unaware of.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths Browser Popups Blocked in Tabbed Embedded Sessions
Xavier Fortin

Hi Benjamin,

Keeper was recently implemented in RDM Mac, you can expect it in the next release.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

2 mths KEEPER ENTERPRISE Password Manager
Xavier Fortin

Hi skor,

The dropbox error is normal, I've checked it and it is simply an Offline Exception, which is unsurprising if your Dropbox data source is configured with the Account mode.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 mths Offline mode
Xavier Fortin

Can you copy the content of the text view and post it here?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 mths Offline mode
Xavier Fortin

As for your first point:

The too long timeout occurs when you just disconnected from the internet (be it pulling the cable out or turning the wifi off). In those instances, the connection to the data source (and I am not aware why) does not seem to immediately realized that the server is unreachable and therefore times out, which can be quite long by default (30 seconds I think).

At this point, I can only assume the the offline cache was somehow corrupted for a reason or another. How long was it before the last time you used your datasource online and the time you opened it at home? It could have been outdated or incomplete (in the case of the Vaults, for the reason I explained earlier).

As for your second point:

RDM crashed? That is, it closed? In my case, it simply does not connect with the "Not connected" label in the entry tree. Do you have a crash report? Or anything in the Application Logs after the Dropbox crash?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 mths Offline mode
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

I've pinpointed the issue on our side and I am not entirely confident this is your issue. First of, not just the folder were preserved but a couple of entries up to a certain point where the loading breaks. This is an issue that is already fixed internally and pertained to the fact that a specific entry contains a $DATA_SOURCE_USERPROFILE_*$ variable (so any variables starting with "*DATA_SOURCE_USERPROFILE_"). This is because, when resolving this variable we try to communicate with the datasource, but it failed since it is unreachable. So at the moment the loading of the entries reach such an entry, an error occurs and the loading is interrupted.

If this is your issue, there should be an error in the Application Logs. Regardless, if it is or not, this could be useful to have it. Could you provide us with it? Help -> Application Logs -> Open.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 mths Offline mode
Xavier Fortin

Hi,

I understand, but we never load the content of Vaults if you do not open them. Therefore, we cannot save them to an offline cache in those instances. There is no realistic way around this as the point of the Vaults is to reduce the loading of a data source by spliting its content into multiple sub-component loaded dynamically only when needed. That, specifically, is the same behavior as RDM Windows.

As for the bugs of most entries not being loaded in Vaults that actually do have an offline cache, we do reproduce one such issue. In one specific datasource, nothing but the folders get loaded. What does it look like in your case? What type of entries are missing in your Vaults? Is it random?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

3 mths Offline mode