Forum

Posts by twoj (twoj)

twoj
twoj

Hi Maurice

I'm in the process of switching my users from a local db to a SQL db. I'm creating the users by adding them from AD, and since all the users have logged into the SQL server they already have a login for SQL, so when creating an account i get the message that informational message that the account already exists.
However when i export the sql db source file sql.rdd from my administrators machine and import it into my user's computer, i get the error: Unable to connect to the server - Cannot open user default database. Login Failed.
On the SQL server my users aren't listed in the Security-Users container.
Can you tell me what i should be doing to get these users to connect and what the proper way to create users in the scenario.
thanks

5 yrs Problem with user creation
twoj
twoj

in the BES web page (BES10) you have all the controls for administration of the BES service, after the time out period the controls stay in place, however if you click on any of the controls, the page will refresh and give a standard warning like "this page has been locked because the timeout has been exceeded" (or some similar statement) then it says ' To log back in click HERE) the HERE is a control link which brings back the login page.

It would be great if the re-login process can all be automated but I can also click the Here to get the normal login. Its just a page I need to access often and to re-launch another instance each time means that IE just fills up with tabs of expired BES sessions.

6 yrs Resend credentials to browser
twoj
twoj

I probably wasn't clear - I've already configured the IE extension - it works fine to open up a new instance of IE, but I was just looking for a way to resend the credentials when the session locks, like a script that would resend that information to the same active webpage. did I explain it better?

twoj
twoj

external

twoj
twoj

I have a blackberry console in Internet Explorer that automatically locks after about 5 mins, I would like to know if RDP has the ability to just resend the login credentials, username, password, domain, to the active web browser (IE) without needing to open up another instance of IE to login?
I know keepass has the auto-type feature that you can script the information to pass to IE, like{tab} {username} {tab} {domain}, etc.
thanks

twoj
twoj

ok - got it - I had to go and find vnc viewer plus in the drop down list.

Thanks

Great product RDM!

6 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

Hi David - any update on adding this feature, i'm on 9.2.6.0 and I don't see it as an option.

thanks

6 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

Hi

I've got a request in the iLO field (Tools -> Management Tools) to be able to select a different type of browser.
I've got a new IBM server which has the new IMM v2 (aka IBM iLO) which is very web based and they only pretty much support Firefox and Chrome, no IE. Whereas some other servers only really work with IE.

thanks

7 yrs iLO - Be able to select different bowser
twoj
twoj

merci Stéfane

7 yrs UPN login for external Webpage
twoj
twoj

I have a login for a PDU (power distribution unit) that pretty much requires firefox and that it needs to be run in an external windows, the embedded version has issues. The login has only username and password, however it is linked to our AD and uses either UPN (user@domain.com) or down level login names (domain\user) in the username.

I have my username and password stored in the credential repository but I don't see where in the configuration where I can specify either format or configure the format which is sent to the firefox plugin.

I have temporarily created a copy of my credential where I have domain\user as the username but I don't like to keep a 2nd copy of my credentials.

Is it possible to configure the output to send UPN for the username?

thanks

7 yrs UPN login for external Webpage
twoj
twoj

That would be great - I like integrating all the stuff possible in RDM, but if it goes to an non-embedded window I'm fine with that.

RDM has become pretty much the center of daily work. thanks a lot for making it!

7 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

But i'm not talking about licensing VNC Viewer Plus, I already have a licensed copy, and I assume a good portion of people using this feature would have a licensed copy. What we need is just for RDM to allow the command line to it, no? A bit the same way it does for putty, etc.

7 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

Hi Again
Its been awhile to start using the AMT setting in RDM.
I've been trying to configure it with VNC Viewer Plus but it seems that it is preconfigured to use UltraVNC? I wasn't aware that ultravnc could work with the AMT KVM? I thought at this point the VNC Viewer Plus was the only program that could be used (besides Intel SDK viewer)?
Anyways, is it possible to allow the use of VNC Viewer Plus? the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\RealVNC\VNCViewerPlus\vncviewerplus.exe

Also I noticed in the ribbon the AMT tools that there is the 'Open Web Interface' which goes to http:\\computer:16992, however there is (which is what we use) the secure channel https:\\computer:16993, would it be possible to add this to the interface?

PS - the ultravnc connection fails but works with the VNC Viewer Plus

7 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

There seems to be a small bug, v7.5.0.0, I set up a login for a regular RDP session to a Hyper-V server, and then i tried using the Hyper-V in the RDP Type drop-down. It found the GUID of the Hyper-V session and it works fine. But then i tried setting it back to a regular RDP Type Normal and 'ok' out, then when i went back into edit it, i noticed that it was still on Hyper-V as RDP type.
You can switch it to another type of connection - i put it to 'Remote Assisatance', saved it, then edited it again to RDP type connection which defaults it to the Normal.
Not a big one - but something to correct.

8 yrs RDP type set to Hyper-V will not switch back to No
twoj
twoj

Almost there - I didn't understand the relation of the HTML tags needed to be inserted on the bottom as i guess the webpage presents them and that these are then connected to the User name, Domain, and Password.
So it properly fills the credentials in, one last question - Can it 'click' the 'Log Me In' button to complete the login, ie send an enter (CR) so that it logs directly into the main page without me needing to click the 'Log Me In' button?
thanks

8 yrs Web Auto fill login
twoj
twoj

no luck - I've tried on two different machines with the same results - no information is put into the email/password boxes. I've also tried with IE and Firefox on both.
Is the information supposed to be entered automatically or do you need to click the key button (Fill the auto login ...) on the upper left of the webpage?
In either case not pressing that key button or pressing it doesn't put any information into the page.
any other ideas?

twoj
twoj

I've got an account at Logmein and I was tring to get RDM to autologin into the Logmein webpage;
https://secure.logmein.com
and i can't seem to find the settings for the auto fill login in order that it automatically inserts the proper credentials.
thanks

twoj
twoj

Hi Stephane
I just upgraded to the new v7 and tried the autologin for the hyper-v but it doesn't seem to do it - am i right in guessing that this isn't possible?
thanks

8 yrs Send credentials to Hyper-v for login
twoj
twoj

Hi Stephane - No worries, since these are new installations and not in production yet I can wait for the new beta to try it. For most uses at this moment i can get by with RDP to the actual VM but in the future i will be wanting to get to the hyper-v console
Thanks

twoj
twoj

The display was on External - so i switched in to embedded and it gives me the Hyper-v Instance box - but when i connect on it, it says 'Unable to connect to Hyper-V host' and then it gives me a window to choose a hyper-v machine, but the list is empty.

twoj
twoj

The VNC viewer plus works with certificates - You need certain ssl certificates to be trusted in order to make a connection, this is the case at least with the connection mode on 'Intel AMT KVM'. So actually there is no password needed for this type of connection. Hope that helps.

8 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

I've been doing more testing and i'm not having much luck with all of it.
In the Hyper-v connector - I can connect to the Hyper-v console and specify the virtual machine name, which then connects to that virtual machine but it doesn't pass any credentials to log in.
If I create a RDP connection, as i said below i see the location to specify that it is a hyper-v server but under the Hyper-v tab in the dashboard, there is no virtual machines listed, it is just blank
also under the general tab where it says 'Hyper-V instance', that is greyed out and i see no way to turn it on.
If you have any suggestions on how to get either of these working or if you would like a screenshot, please let me know.

twoj
twoj

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by 'more command line parameters that we could support"
I looked at command lines that the executable (vncviewerplus.exe) supports and it seems that it has support for most everything you get in the GUI, so there are quite a few command line options if you wanted.

8 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

I work with computers that have been set up with Intel AMT vPro and I use VNC viewer Plus to connect the VNC server in the vpro of the machine.
I tried setting up a RealVNC connection but it for vncviewer.exe of RealVNC and the VNC Viewer Plus executible is called vncviewerplus.exe
So is it possible to include the VNC Viewer Plus as a type of connection for the VNC type?
Thanks

8 yrs VNC Viewer Plus
twoj
twoj

I just installed the beta 6.9.0.0 and the Hyper-v connection works the same - the credentials are not passes to the guest OS.
I also tried the connection to Hyper-v within the dashboard - and i can't figure out how to get it to display the virtual Machines on the host server. I see there is the place in Information->Computer you can define it as 'Is Hyper-V server' and that will activate the Hyper-V tab in the dashboard, but the list is empty and i can't figure out how to get it to read the VMs that are running on that Hyper-v. Even if it shows the VMs that are running on the Hyper-v it doesn't look like you can autologon, so it goes back to the same question of how to autologon to the VM?
If autologon is not supported through the hyper-v connection is there a way to script it or some other method?
thanks

twoj
twoj

I'm using the Hyper-v connection (vmconnect.exe). I suspect that it would work fine with just the RDP session, but I wanted to get the Hyper-v manager because i usually need to work with the settings of the Hper-v and not the Guest OS. When i setup the Hyper-v connection there is no embedded mode - it always opens the Virtual Machine Connection window that is not embedded in RDM. Equally there is no domain unless i use the 'Embedded credential entry' and then i supply the credentials but like the 'credential repository' it doesn't pass that information to the Hyper-v virtual machine.
I'll see if i can put the beta on a machine and test it.
In the properties 'edit session' of the session there is a tab called 'Tools' which allows you to enter credentials - I have tried entering the information here as well but no luck either - but what is this tab used for?

twoj
twoj

I'm not sure if RDM supports this but i recently set up the Credential Repository with KeePass and have been using it with regular RDP sessions, and it passes the credentials file (the YouTube video was great for this), however i just setup a Hyper-V and configured the connection with RDP. When i open the session I get the Virtual Machine Connection program opening the specific Hyper-V virtual machine (Windows 2008R2) but it doesn't seem to pass the credentials to login. It just displays the Press CTRL+ALT+Delete to log on.
So is there something i am missing? or is it possible to do an autologin / autologon with the Hyper-V manager?
Thanks