Forum

Posts by mephisto (mephisto)

mephisto
mephisto

Hi Nicolas,

I'm happy to be a guinea pig in this case. sending a email now smile

5 mths Cannot login to RDM using Android client and MariaDB as server as a regular user
mephisto
mephisto

Hi guys,

I'm getting an error when trying to authenticate with Android app to RDM using MariaDB as the server. When using the Windows desktop client it works fine for the same user.

The error is:
Authentication to host 'x.x.x.x' for the user 'xxxxxxx' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with messae: Access denied for user @xxxx'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)

That sounds like MariaDB itself that is denying access to the database, but I can access it just fine on the Windows client which I thought would use the same authentication method as the Android client?

If I use an account with administrator rights to the database, it works fine on Android.

Could I please have some assistance? Thanks!

5 mths Cannot login to RDM using Android client and MariaDB as server as a regular user
mephisto
mephisto

Hi James,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, I guess the macro will be the quickest way to resolve this then.

5 mths RDM able to deal with submit buttons that change ID on every page refresh
mephisto
mephisto

Hi James,

I tried that, no difference so far. I guess that setting would pull the submit button ID every 1 minute for example? Not sure that would work as the ID changes every time the page is refreshed so far I can see. Thanks!

5 mths RDM able to deal with submit buttons that change ID on every page refresh
mephisto
mephisto

Thanks! much appreciated!

5 mths option to make pwned password check enforcing to use a different password
mephisto
mephisto

Hi guys,

there is a website from a service provider we use that randomly changes the login button ID every time the page is refreshed, meaning that RDM cannot read the submit button. The webpage is https://www.gamma-portal.com/login.jspa in this example but I've seen this across a few other sites in the past as well.

Would be possible to implement something like that into RDM? Thanks!

mephisto
mephisto

I tried but it didn't copy the templates to the new database, I ended up having to do it manually as I was running out of time. Thanks for the help anyway.

5 mths Export multiple templates as a single job/batch
mephisto
mephisto

worked for me too, I thought I messed up with my SQL server.

Please pull the updated from the auto update checker to avoid other people updating their client

5 mths After update to 2019.1.34.0 users can't access
mephisto
mephisto

I'll try this now, thanks!

5 mths Cannot access default vault as regular as a regular user account
mephisto
mephisto

Hi there,

I believe in the process of renaming roles I've caused a problem with the default vault as even thought users have permission to access that vault, out of nowhere all my non administrator users cannot access the vault anymore. When I was creating new roles on the MS SQL server I had some weird errors when it would sometimes not all all users that I selected to the role. I had to open the role again and add the missing users once more. Maybe that is just another sign the my MS SQL server is begging for retirement.

I've created another vault and manually gave all the same permissions which is just a single check box and it worked fine

Any suggestions on what else I could try?

5 mths Cannot access default vault as regular as a regular user account
mephisto
mephisto

Hi Erica,

I have security groups on my source MS SQL but they are not in use anymore, and exported the entries with included credentials. I already only use roles on my source MS SQL and destination MariaDB.

I've decided to export the entries again without credentials and it imported fine, then I exported then again with credentials just to see and it worked fine. I'm not sure what could have happened with my first export, but the only reason I can think is that for some reason the exported entries file that was "corrupt" as I tested with several different versions of mariaDB and also debian just to rule out it was an update.

I guess lesson of the day for me was to export the entries again next time I have a weird issue like that. Apologies about the waste of time.

5 mths import data source problem with mariadb after latest update
mephisto
mephisto

tested with 2019.1.30.0, same issue.

data import always fails at random, when I try again to import and skip all existing entries, sometimes fails at 3%, sometimes at 50%, so that is not regarding a specific entry on RDM that somehow could be causing this so far I can see.

mephisto
mephisto

Hi all,

I've been doing some tests importing data from a MS SQL to a MariaDB server over the last few weeks which worked fine on all attempts including after I setup database replication between 2 mariadb servers. Today I updated RDM to 2019.1.34.0 and tried the import again to get the latest version of my entries on this setup before we migrate to it and I started having always the same error while doing the import.

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`rdmproduction`.`Connections`, CONSTRAINT `FK_Connections_GroupInfo` FOREIGN KEY (`SecurityGroup`) REFERENCES `GroupInfo` (`ID`))
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, IDbDataParameter[] parameters, Int32 commandTimeout)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.InsertConnection(Connection connection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, ISecurityProvider provider, Nullable`1 repositoryID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.SaveConnections(IEnumerable`1 connections, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, ISecurityProvider provider, Nullable`1 repositoryID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.SaveConnection(Connection connection)

I've deleted all entries from my mariadb just to see if it would make any different to start importing the entries from scratch without overwriting them and it didn't make any difference. My guess is that perhaps there is one single entry that could be causing this, but just since the update? I'm trying to find any commonality here.

mephisto
mephisto

get template list all of the templates:

https://imgur.com/3X4GmK1

and this is when I run all the PS commands

https://imgur.com/ouw52it

mephisto
mephisto

Yeah I tried exactly that before, tried again now but no luck, none of the templates are showing on the other database, running powershell in admin just in case and no errors are shown, so something is happening, just not in the way I was hoping for.

I'm wondering the the variable can hold the data, I've about 30 templates so I'm wondering it may have some sort of size limit as well?

Thanks for you help.

mephisto
mephisto

not sure what $template = Get-RDMTemplate and $template | set-rdmtemplate" will do exactly, could you please explain a bit more? I tried here but didn't work so I guess I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!

mephisto
mephisto

Hi David,

that did the trick, thanks!

5 mths How to open multiple templates at the same time from a single hosts entry?
mephisto
mephisto

Hi David,

It was more of a question about the host field on the password list than actually a specific requirement I have as the more I explore RDM feature more I find good uses for them. So I'm looking for some answers you guys have for problems I don't realise I have if that makes sense? smile

Anyway, I was just curious about what the host field on password lists do and how I can best utilise it. I can see I can open templates directly from the password list and that is another great way of accessing entries. But still I'm not sure why and how to use the host field on a password list entry.

5 mths password list host field for each password entry
mephisto
mephisto

Perfect, it worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion loading it as a module, make it way more dynamic to make changes to several roles smile

5 mths Allow roles to be renamed without folder/entries losing association with them
mephisto
mephisto

Hi there,

Is possible to export templates as a bulk job? I've got now tons of templates and I'm in the process of migrating them to another server but I cannot select multiple entries, only one by one.

Is there a way around it?

Thanks

mephisto
mephisto

Sorry I thought that the variables were looking for something that was renamed and then update that info across the board. It was not stated I had to replace them with the group names. I'll need to test that.

Should I simply get that script and make it a ps1 file and run?

5 mths Allow roles to be renamed without folder/entries losing association with them
mephisto
mephisto

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for that, indeed it worked.

5 mths several problems with latest 2019.1.27.0
mephisto
mephisto

hi guys, still same issue with 2019.1.30.0 with devolutions online login even though I've only got local MS SQL and MariaDB databases.

https://imgur.com/ce3ymeq

5 mths several problems with latest 2019.1.27.0
mephisto
mephisto

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is a way to open several templates for a single generic host entry as for example I have servers with SSH/SCP/WEB interface that use in those case 3 templates, and I would like to open all of them at the same time.

So far I can only open one, and there are several times I need to open more than one template but I need to close for example SSH to then connect to a web interface for the same server.

Is there a way to configure it or launch multiple templates?

Thanks!

6 mths How to open multiple templates at the same time from a single hosts entry?
mephisto
mephisto

Hi guys, could I please have some clarification what is the host field on password lists used for exactly?

6 mths password list host field for each password entry
mephisto
mephisto

Hi David, no worries I was thinking it would be a problem worth opening a different topic as it is not the same problem. Do you want to follow up on this topic? I guess it would make it easier to be searched in the future by other people. Thanks!

6 mths Website entry with RDM browser extension and password lists not working
mephisto
mephisto

Perhaps some further clarification, I can indeed use the "more" field under the host entry properties, but that allows me to select any address and then any credential. I was hoping I can narrow the credential further down based on the host. This is not for security, it is for keeping the search results displayed clean when starting the entry

mephisto
mephisto

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use password list and I was wondering how to use the host entry for each password and the documentation on https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?file_templates_mypersonalcredentials.htm doesn't mention the host entry.

For example, I'm using a host entry with templates, the host entry has the IP address for the device, and the template uses $host$ variable, it works fine. The device I'm testing this listen to different protocol/service on different ports, and each uses different credentials. My idea was to create a password list and use the host field to allow each of those credentials to have the right address/port, that way it would avoid me having to create multiple entries or multiple templates for a similar service.

What is the host field on password list for exactly? Any suggestion on what is the best way to achieve what I have in mind?

Thanks

mephisto
mephisto

Hi guys,

I've been using the website entry to open an external web browser and use the RDM browser extension to fill up details which works fine when you have the credentials setup on the entry itself. I've tried password lists and RDM extension doesn't find anything matching. WHen I revert back to password setup on the entry itself it works. I also tried a single credential created and associated with it through credential repository and it works well.The problem only happens with password lists.

Is this a problem, feature missing or design limitation of RDM?

Is there any way to make it work?

Thanks!

6 mths Website entry with RDM browser extension and password lists not working
mephisto
mephisto

Thanks for that!

6 mths iDrac entry for generic host entry not working with iDrac 8