Forum

Posts by andybandy (andybandy)

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Are there any plans when you want to implement SSON?

We are planning to implement Smartcard+PIN for Windows Authentication. If we start with that we will have problems to authenticate to RDM.

Best regards,
Andy

4 yrs Log on to RDMS data source with local credentials
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Ohh and only use the commandlets like Set-RDMSession - without the second dash. The commandlets with 2 dashes are old - the new ones are much more performant.

5 yrs Creating Sessions with PowerShell
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Maurice,

could you find out something with the debug information after our last session?

Best regards,
Andy

5 yrs DVLS Server datasource performance
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Marvin,

are you sure that the snapin is loaded in your external powershell? I created a powershell profile that I am sure it is loaded automatically and I only use the x86 version of powershell for RDM:

In C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 create a file named profile.ps1 with this content:

$RDMSnapin = Get-PSSnapin -Name *Remote.Desktop* -Registered | sort version -Descending | select -First 1
Add-PSSnapin $RDMSnapin

Then be sure to use the x86 version of powershell from here:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

Best regards,
Andy

5 yrs Creating Sessions with PowerShell
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Maurice,

we've done the deployment and also the server is up to date. How do you recommend to go on?

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Maurice,

in our tests RDM11 solved our issues. As soon as I've done the deployment of it and did the update of the server I'll inform you.

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello!

At the moment we have 35 users with about 2200 entries in our main datasource. Sometimes the software can get really slow and shaky.

We also added our admins from plants to our datasource - they complained much more about the performance. Our plants are connected with datalines.
Now I put them into an own datasource and they say that it is much faster and smoother.

What is a recommended amount of users and maximum entries per datasource? How should a recommended installation with more than one plant on a central server look like?

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Wow...that boosts my script :-) now it only needs about a half second for one connection. I always thought that I am working with the new commands. Thanks for this tip.

5 yrs Import Computers from AD
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

I was just looking for this option because I thought that this is already possible. I thought someone showed me that this works but I may be wrong. Should it be in the actual Beta?

5 yrs Auto log off on disconnect
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello!

I have a similar script running to add sessions for remote assistance. However, if I try to use the Snchronizer for AD it is much more performant than the script. The synchronizer is able to add 40 sessions in a second where my script needs about 4 seconds for 1 session.

Also if I only try this command it needs about 4 seconds:

Measure-Command {
$session = New-RDM-Session -Name "Name" -Group "RemoteAssistance" -Kind "RemoteAssistance" -TemplateID b507b9f3-991e-4f75-b9b1-d1ff201ab853
Set-RDM-Session $session
}

How can the built-in synchronizer work so fast?

Best regards,
Andy

5 yrs Import Computers from AD
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Stefane,

I really want this problem to be solved. It is very important for us. My offline.db just got malformed again when I tried to add a new local favorite.

If I compare the filesize:
normal: 1727 KB
malformed: 92 KB

I'll send you the file because I know that you will treat confidentially with this data and I don't think that there is too much information in it. Perhaps only the few sessions left...

Best regards,
Andy
edited by andybandy on 7/8/2015

5 yrs Offline file - Database image is malformed
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

For us it happens almost every morning. In the evening I close RDM and then shut down the pc. When I start it again in the morning the offline.db is malformed.

We have the "Disable Multi-Thread offline file" check activated. Unfortunately it was only a solution at the beginning when you added this function.

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\System.Data.SQLite.dll - 1.0.84.0

The SQLite.Interop.dll is also located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\x86 with version 1.0.84.0 but I cannot see it in Process Explorer.

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Same issue still exists in 10.9.4.0 beta

5 yrs Rename folder in private vault does not work
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello!

If I want to rename a folder in the private vault with version 10.6.3.0 it does not rename the folder but creates a new one with this name.

Best regards,
Andy

5 yrs Rename folder in private vault does not work
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello!

This issue appears again for a lot of users now very often. I'm not sure but I think it started more often with the new version of DVLS (2.5.0.0).
I found also this entry here in the forum what looks the same: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic14013-no-sessions-in-offline-mode.aspx
Here David asked to try to make an exception in the Anti-Virus software for the offline.db file. We will do that, however, on a fresh installed PC without Anti-Virus software this issue also appeared.

Again, find a logfile attached.

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

It is very hard to determine if the new beta has solved the problem but at the moment this looks ok again.
I've installed it only on the PC of the colleague who "created" that strange entries.

5 yrs Offline mode creation of session or credential in private vault in root goes global
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Scince we updated RDM to V 10.5.4.0 this issue appears again regularly.

5 yrs Offline mode creation of session or credential in private vault in root goes global
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Stefane,

we've updated RDM to V 10.5.4.0 and set the new option. With that it looks much better now!

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello!

I am using custom installer to create preconfigured installation files. After that I make a deployment to automatically update all PCs.
If I now start RDM it recognizes that there is a new configuration and asks what to do. Can I somehow force it to use the new configuration?

Best regards,
Andy

5 yrs Make a deployment with new configuration
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

SSON with RDMS would be a great feature!

5 yrs Log on to RDMS data source with local credentials
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello!

I collected some feedback of users and they told me some wishes.

1. When you edit a session and view the variable list it sometimes would be useful to see what value a variable actually would have.
2. It would be comfortabel to copy/duplicate a session with Drag&Drop by press and hold CTRL+LMB like in Windows and also with CTRL+C/CTRL+V
3. Sometimes it could be useful to be able to have more than one "Properties"-window open. Especially to compare 2 sessions or during creating a new session take a look on an existing session.

Best regards,
Andy

5 yrs Feature Requests out of user feedback
andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Stefane,

sorry for the late answer, I was not in the office at the end of last week.
This morning I've sent you information from the profiler of two affected machines. Hope this helps.

We will also test the option when you release the next version.

Best regards,
Andy

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

This 3 files have version 1.0.84.0

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hello Stefane,

unfortunately the same issue appears again with V 10.4.1.0 and 10.5.0.0.
Can I somehow offer you more information to eliminate it?

Best regards,
Andy
edited by andybandy on 4/1/2015

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Thank you! We will test it immediately.

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Should it be in V 10.4.1.0 ?

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Now it was good for a long time but today this issue occured again with RDM 10.1.9.0 and Firefox Extension 3.0.5.0

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

The issue appeared again for a user. There was only one process for RDM running. After clearing up the cache I could find this new messages in the log, never saw them before:

24.03.2015 13:59:53, 10.1.9.0 - 32-bit, 1, System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Remove(T item)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DebugStopwatchManager.cb0aac59af60c51d7161165a47a2ad3ae(DebugStopwatch c84e8087bca95a5c8360dbc140f64f30d)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DebugStopwatch.Dispose()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OfflineManager.c2003f33b05659ffe7ea3546ebd6ce300(BaseConnectionDataSource c7f28727fc7a5daa94ba08f688b2a5781, Boolean c0f381ad765fb6350e74d3bf32b4f4713)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OfflineManager.Save(BaseConnectionDataSource dataSource)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.c17700cd39476a35b5d68da1c4cb61a28(BaseConnectionDataSource c01af917dca3518ff73ed69848f95f91a, Connection[] c50b46350a70ce17c145f8c929ee5883e)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.ca4799bebd8b706f34eea94a778843b55(BaseConnectionDataSource c01af917dca3518ff73ed69848f95f91a)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.RefreshConnections()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainRibbonBase.RefreshAllConnectionView(Boolean saveState, Boolean checkOnline)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MainFormManager.DoFirstLoad(IMainForm mainform)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainRibbon.cae3b4c7c167cf0d9747ac4fee11ac00a(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

24.03.2015 13:59:53, 10.1.9.0 - 32-bit, 2, System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Remove(T item)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DebugStopwatchManager.cb0aac59af60c51d7161165a47a2ad3ae(DebugStopwatch c84e8087bca95a5c8360dbc140f64f30d)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DebugStopwatch.Dispose()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OfflineManager.c2003f33b05659ffe7ea3546ebd6ce300(BaseConnectionDataSource c7f28727fc7a5daa94ba08f688b2a5781, Boolean c0f381ad765fb6350e74d3bf32b4f4713)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OfflineManager.Save(BaseConnectionDataSource dataSource)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.c17700cd39476a35b5d68da1c4cb61a28(BaseConnectionDataSource c01af917dca3518ff73ed69848f95f91a, Connection[] c50b46350a70ce17c145f8c929ee5883e)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.ca4799bebd8b706f34eea94a778843b55(BaseConnectionDataSource c01af917dca3518ff73ed69848f95f91a)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.RefreshConnections()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainRibbonBase.RefreshAllConnectionView(Boolean saveState, Boolean checkOnline)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MainFormManager.DoFirstLoad(IMainForm mainform)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainRibbon.cae3b4c7c167cf0d9747ac4fee11ac00a(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Another point is that this issue mostly happens for the same users.

andybandy
andybandyExpert user

Hi Maurice,

yes, I can check that if it happens again. But how can there be another RDM process? I tried to manually start it twice, then there is a second process for about a second but then it ends. RDM works normal after I did that.

Best regards,
Andy