Forum

Posts by JB81 (JB81)

JB81
JB81

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi again,
Once again, I understand your frustration. We'll do our best to figure this out. Just to make sure, your application started hanging right after you hit the Check for update? No window was shown?

exactly.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I've been trying to reproduce the clearing of the cache by force quitting the app while in offline mode, or freezing the app, or crashing the app and so far, no issue.

is there any log file? is there a way to raise the log level?

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Are you using the MCDF v2.0 offline mode? You can see this in the Preferences at Advanced -> Advanced -> Offline Engine.

it was on default now I changed it to mdcf v2.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Is there an offline.<something> in the datasource settings folder: /Users/<User>/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/<data source id>?

***:b4248f3e-5295-4a2b-b691-92ab7392131a ***$ ls -lah
total 7072
drwxr-xr-x 5 *** staff 170B Jun 1 07:10 .
drwxr-xr-x 19 *** staff 646B May 31 16:50 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 *** staff 68B May 31 19:05 PlayList
-rw-r--r-- 1 *** staff 2.9M May 6 16:09 offline.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 *** staff 540K Jun 1 07:13 offline.mcdf2
***:b4248f3e-5295-4a2b-b691-92ab7392131a ***$

I don't remember their size before reconnecting rdm to my data source.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

A couple of pieces of information might help me.
1-What's the session RDP Engine (Session settings -> Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> General -> RDP Engine) and the default RDP Engine (Preferences -> Session Type -> RDP -> RDP Engine)?
2- Is your session running in Sandbox (Session settings -> Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> Advanced -> Activate Sandboxing and Preferences -> Session Type -> RDP -> Activate Sandboxing)?
3- Are you using OpenGL (Session settings -> Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> Advanced -> Use OpenGL and Preferences -> Session Type -> RDP -> Use OpenGL)? OpenGL in particular might help with this.

1-while I was checking that setting, i selected an entry (a random one, the problem is present in all of my 1300 entries...), right click, edit, boom, all entries disappear (I was offline), i switched to online (no entries), i switched back offline (no entries). I checked my server, everything ok. I had to delete my data source and create a new connection back again. Now all the entries are present (both online and offline).

I will come back to my windows pc. This application is not stable on mac. please buy a mac, hire some developer, and fix it.

3 yrs Some bugs for RDM for MAC
JB81
JB81

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi,

First of all, sorry for any inconveniences. We're always trying to offer the best reliability, but we're working with a huge code base and sometime, issues pass through testing. The offline mode in particular is a very large feature that encompasses multiple parts of the application.

I can understand your difficulties, but I'm experiencing problems with the offline feature from a long time. You have to understand that if that feature doesn't work, you can't work anymore. If the app crashes and you can restart and continue to work it's annoying, but you can work. If the application crashes and and when it starts again it gives an error on the offline cache (like in the version before) or it clears the cache completely (like in this version)
YOU
CAN'T
WORK
ANYMORE
If I look at the change log of the application you're adding more and more feature every time, why instead not fixing the feature you have already entered? Am I the only one that uses the offline feature? Or am I the only one that has problems? It has to be fixed, otherwise this app is completely useless. And please note that given the bug list that I already posted it seems that nobody ever really tested the application (take a look at the bug I posted and please don't tell me that no one ever tryed to open more than 3 rdp sessions and then log-off from one of them....).

Xavier Fortin wrote:

That being said, I'm not able to reproduce your issue. You said it was hanging with the spinning wheel? Could you describe what you were doing before the spinning wheel? Did it seem random, or was it after a specific action? How long would you say it hanged before you forced quit?

No sessions opened, I clied on "check for updates", spinning wheel, crash, force quit, entry list empty.

This bug is also not yet fixed:
If it can be helpful for you, I have an update. Let's suppose you have four rdp sessions opened, session1, session2, session3 and session4, and you log out from session2:
Scenario1: you logout from session2, you wait for the terminal session to close, and you go to session1 ---> no problems.
Scenaroi2: you logout from session2, you immediately switch the focus to session1 (before remote session2 completes the logoff process) ---> as soon as session2 closes, session1 gets blank, session 3 and 4 are ok. I've tried many times, and just the active session gets blank.

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, sorry if I did not post for long time but I switched back to my windows computer. RDM on MAC was not usable.
Now I took back my macbook pro to test the new version of RDM (4.3), but sadly it is not usable on a production machine, it is like a beta.
Today it crashed (coloured spinning wheel), I had to force quit and when it started again my datasource (SQL with offline) was completely empty.
Now I can't get my job done and I don't know what will happen when it will connect back to sql database (will it wipe it?).
To be honest, it is not possible to release a software with such problems and ask money for that. It can have missing features, but it cannot stop you from working in the middle of the day!!!

Attached you can find screenshot of my datasource set-up, please tell me what's wrong.

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, I just updated rdm to version 4.1 but unfortunately I can't connect to my sql server till tomorrow. I will let you know!!!

Thanks again!

JB81
JB81

great

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, do you know when will it be released? Without offline mode working it is not so much useful for me.

Thanks.

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, I recreated the problem (today at 16:30) and copied the log file to my desktop.
If you give me your email address I can send you the log file.
Anyway I think this is the relevant part:

[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO select DatabaseVersion from DatabaseInfo;
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO Reindex DatabaseInfo...done
Reindex Properties...done
Reindex Connections...done
Vacuum...done

[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO Offline file - Database disk image is malformed, trying to delete the file: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/091cfd3a-f025-40d5-9d18-d2cd225a63fd/offline.db
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO ClearCache - Offline file has been deleted, recreating new file
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO ALTER TABLE DatabaseInfo add Expiration datetime;
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO
PRAGMA integrity_check...done

Vacuum...done

[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO Offline file - Database disk image is malformed, trying to delete the file: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/091cfd3a-f025-40d5-9d18-d2cd225a63fd/offline.db
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO ClearCache - Offline file has been deleted, recreating new file
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO ALTER TABLE Connections add OfflineAction varchar NULL;
[1/30/2017 4:30:26 PM]INFO

Vacuum...done

[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO ClearCache - Offline file has been deleted, recreating new file
[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO create index IX_Connections_OfflineAction on Connections(OfflineAction);
[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO

[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO Reindex DatabaseInfo...done
Vacuum...done

[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO Offline file - Database disk image is malformed, trying to delete the file: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/091cfd3a-f025-40d5-9d18-d2cd225a63fd/offline.db
[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO ClearCache - Offline file has been deleted, recreating new file
[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO ALTER TABLE DatabaseInfo add Settings varchar NULL;

Vacuum...done

[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO Offline file - Database disk image is malformed, trying to delete the file: /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/091cfd3a-f025-40d5-9d18-d2cd225a63fd/offline.db
[1/30/2017 4:30:27 PM]INFO ALTER TABLE Connections add OriginalData TEXT NULL;

Vacuum...done

[1/30/2017 4:30:28 PM]INFO ClearCache - Offline file has been deleted, recreating new file
[1/30/2017 4:30:43 PM - 4.0.1.1482504117]ERROR System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open () [0x00162] in <a566c189d19d4271ab58420d6f875b13>:0
at A.c1b7e8caf3fa8e5fb77cc57c00e8d5e1c.cf7143f4d0ccb8590178f208ae12c1b10 (System.String c0543ca550f15febd1b069e16fd4b95e1, System.Data.IDbDataParameter[] c91084b2aae54f62d01e2a4664a847bd7) [0x0001d] in <ef01d1cea6bf414baa02a08419121359>:0
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerConnectionDataSource.c1e3e098748c6efd7f005032d264f60b2 () [0x00070] in <ef01d1cea6bf414baa02a08419121359>:0
at A.cbbb560bfd0154564f3a0626f8038689f.cca44e7b409894de57ef01c51d223624f (A.c323b374042cd3040715f1835f9a00a5c c575f8eb13de2147c285404f8805d1720) [0x000e7] in <ef01d1cea6bf414baa02a08419121359>:0
****************************** SqlError ******************************
Message:Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Procedure:Open()

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, I sent the information to support.

Bye.

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, I tried to configure the datasource from scratch, no changes, same problem.

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, my datasource ID starts with B42xxxxxxx
I have a folder that starts with B42xxx and ends with \ and there is no offline.db in that folder.
Then I have a folder that starts with b42xxx (please note that "b" is not capital), and there I have offline.db

JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, I have exactly those settings in RDM for MAC.

I have to go offline before losing the connection to the sql server, otherwise I cannot open RDM.

JB81
JB81

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I seem unable to reproduce this issue. When I try to connect to the SQL Server and either the network is down or my server host unreachable, I get prompted with the following window offering me to go offline:

Maybe you could send me your application log after reproducing the issue so I can check if there is something else causing the issue.

Hi Xavier, unfortunately I cannot send you any log, because application hangs (spinning wheel) and I have to force quit RDM.
The only way to start RDM again is to open a vpn connection to office and then open RDM.
Here are the screens if I try to open RDM without a connection to SQL server:

JB81
JB81

JB81 wrote:

When offline, if you try to create a new session, the new session is not displayed until you go back online, and offline again.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

That's the weird thing. You see, the issue was that between two versions of RDM, a part of the code that was responsible to ensure the displayed connection tree was up to date was broken. This happen after each modification (be it editing or adding a connection), which is why it should be fixed in this version too. I'm testing right now, and in my case, it does update. Are you having the same issue when deleting an entry?

I might find something in your log. Remind me again, are you using an SQL Server datasource?

Hi Xavier, I had some time to test this problem:
Step1: Delete an entry: the problem does not happen, the entry is immediately removed from the view.
Step2: Add an entry: the problem does not happen, the entry is immediately added to the view.
Step3: Duplicate an entry: you choose to duplicate, you enter the name of the new entry, you change something (e.g. the ip address), you press ok. Here is the problem: the entry is not added to the view.
- If you go online and go back offline, the new entry (step3) is added to the view.
- Here is the funny part: if you duplicate an entry (step3) it is not added to the view, but if you add (step2) or delete (step1) an entry, the view is updated and the duplicate entry (step3) is added to the view without the need to go online and come back offline.

JB81
JB81

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi,

You can find your application log under Help -> View Application Log. You can copy the content of the window with the Copy button and send it to me via private message.

Ok I'll try and get back to you.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

That's the weird thing. You see, the issue was that between two versions of RDM, a part of the code that was responsible to ensure the displayed connection tree was up to date was broken. This happen after each modification (be it editing or adding a connection), which is why it should be fixed in this version too. I'm testing right now, and in my case, it does update. Are you having the same issue when deleting an entry?

I rarely delete an entry, but I will try!

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I might find something in your log. Remind me again, are you using an SQL Server datasource?

Yes, Microsoft SQL server express as datasource.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I think I found the issue and it lies within the keyboard layouts offered by the operating systems themselves. The Itialian (Italy) keyboard in Mac as the top left key be "<" (and therefor has the key beside the right Shift key be "\"). The Italian keyboard Windows offer does the opposite (Go figure). Since an RDP session uses the layout on the remote machine side, there is few things we can do. Maybe installing a custom keyboard layout on the remote host.

The italian keyboard layout of my 2015 macbook pro is exactly the same of your picture (I just checked), and in MAC Os everything is ok, but within a RDM RDP session \ and < are swapped.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

The thing is, we work slightly different than Windows here. Since they use the DirectX component for their RDP implementation, it seems to handle the login prompt. In mac, we handle it directly. What did you mean, that this prompt would be required for RDP session requiring NLA or those that don't?

Best regards,

I mean that I don't know if that prompt is required when connecting to a NLA TS Server, I was just asking you to try, after you remove that prompt from the code, to check if everything works correctly with bot a classic TS and an NLA TS.

Thank you again tomorrow I will try again with offline and let you know!

JB81
JB81

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi,

I seem unable to reproduce this issue. When I try to connect to the SQL Server and either the network is down or my server host unreachable, I get prompted with the following window offering me to go offline:

Maybe you could send me your application log after reproducing the issue so I can check if there is something else causing the issue.

Hi Xavier, if you send me instructions on how to create the log you want I will be glad to send you it.
I'm not sure if the problem exist if you're not connected to the network, I'm always connected to a network.
But I'm sure the problem exist if the server is not reachable.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I think it should have been fixed in the beta version I previously sent you, or am I wrong? Is this a different issue?

No, it's a different issue. The issue you fixed in the beta was about modifying an existing entry (if you tried to edit an entry, it was not edited while offline), and the problem is fixed.
The problem I'm having now is that if you try to create a new entry, it is not displayed until you go online, and come back offline.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I seem unable to reproduce this behavior. I've added the Italian (Italy) keyboard in my remote machine and tried the key I think you're referring to and they seem to write what's expected. I'm not familiar with the Italian keyboard though. Are you referring to those keys:

The keymap of the picture is correct, and you perfectly understood which keys are "swapping" smile
in an rdp session, if you type the "<" key of your picture you get the "\" key, and viceversa. All the other keys are working.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I'll have to investigate this further, but I'll inform you as soon as there is any progress.

If it can be helpful for you, I have an update. Let's suppose you have four rdp sessions opened, session1, session2, session3 and session4, and you log out from session2:
Scenario1: you logout from session2, you wait for the terminal session to close, and you go to session1 ---> no problems.
Scenaroi2: you logout from session2, you immediately switch the focus to session1 (before remote session2 completes the logoff process) ---> as soon as session2 closes, session1 gets blank, session 3 and 4 are ok. I've tried many times, and just the active session gets blank.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

I reproduce the issue. I've removed the first prompt since I didn't see the purpose of it in the Mac version of the application. Just tell me if it cause any other issue when you get to try the next version.

Wait! I think that the purpose of the first prompt is for rdp session with NLA authentication (SSO), please check if it works with NLA TS before removing it completely from RDM!

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Best regards,

Thank you very much for your help Xavier!

JB81
JB81

Updated topic with a new bug.

JB81
JB81

on an rdp entry in the list, right click, "open with parameters", it's missing "open in NO console/admin mode (prompt for credentials)"
RDM for MAC Enterprise Edition 4.0.1.1482504117 running on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1
Many thanks in advance.

3 yrs Open with credentials
JB81
JB81

- I try to start RDM without connection to SQL database, my datasource does not switch to offline mode, and no entry are loaded.
The only way is to start it while connected to SQL server, and then go offline. But if I have to restart the computer, or quit and open again the application while I'm away from the office, there is no way to load any entry.

- When offline, if you try to create a new session, the new session is not displayed until you go back online, and offline again.

- Within an rdp session, "\" key is switched with "<" key on italian keyboard. All other special keys work correctly.

- Sometimes closing an rdp session makes another rdp session screen blank, the only way to get access again is to close and open it again, or click on "reconnect".

- On an rdp entry in the list, right click, "open with parameters", if you click on "prompt for credentials" you are prompted for credentials, but they are ignored by the terminal server (you have to insert them twice, once in RDM and once in remote RDP session).

RDM for MAC Enterprise Edition 4.0.1.1482504117 running on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

Many thanks in advance.

JB81
JB81

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

What version of RDM Mac are you using?

Best regards,

Hi Mark, version is Enterprise Edition 4.0.1.1482504117

Many thanks in advance!

3 yrs Cannot Start Offline
JB81
JB81

I try to start RDM without connection to SQL database, my datasource does not switch to offline mode, and no entry are loaded.
The only way is to start it while connected to SQL server, and then go offline. But if I have to restart the computer, or quit and open again the application while I'm away from the office, there is no way to load any entry.

3 yrs Cannot Start Offline
JB81
JB81

Hi Xavier, this problem seems to be solved. However if I try to start RDM without connection to SQL database, my datasource does not switch to offline mode, and no entry are loaded.

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi,

I've found and fixed the issue. Since there will be no new version until after the holiday season, I've built a beta version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hexnhvibbjsltt/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.0.1.1482504117.dmg?dl=0

Could you try it and tell me if it fixes your issue?

Best regards,

3 yrs Cannot Edit Offline
JB81
JB81

Hi, I have RDM Enterprise 4.0.0 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1.
My datasource is SQL, and I configured RDM to be available in offline Read/Write.
However, If I try to edit an entry while I'm offline, I get no error, but the entry does not get modified.
The same happens if I try to clone an entry, no errors but the new entry does not get created.

This is really annoying, can someone please help me?

Many thanks in advance.

3 yrs Cannot Edit Offline
JB81
JB81

Hi David, I use the legacy theme.
Version is 12.0.2.0 and if I try the "Check for updates" it tells me that my "Your current version is up to date!"

3 yrs Title Bar Error on RDM 12.0.2.0
JB81
JB81

Since the upgrade to latest version, the font in the title of the active tabbed RDP is white on a light grey background. It's practically impossible to see the name of the server...

Here is an example:

imagefree image hosting

3 yrs Title Bar Error on RDM 12.0.2.0
JB81
JB81

Hi David, I always use RDM in full screen.

4 yrs Screen Resolution problem with latest update
JB81
JB81

Hi David, it happens also at the first connection, look at the screenshot above.
I just upgraded to the latest version and the problem is still present.

JB81
JB81

Hi David, initially the beta did not show the problem with the legacy interface, but after a few hours the problem happened also with the beta in legacy mode.
With the classic mode the problem is not present.

JB81
JB81

Hi David, I did not try the ribbon (I hate it). Classic mode ok, legacy not.

JB81
JB81

Hi David, the problem is not present in classic mode. However I updated to latest beta and the problem is still present in the legacy interface.

JB81
JB81