Forum

Posts by mad (mad)

mad
mad

I could download it via a PC without webfilter, but it was no installer, so I just replaced the directory with it, and now it is working.

2 mths Can't access saved files
mad
mad

Hello Hubert

I can't download it within RDM, and when I go via the website, the barracuda webfilter blocks your download server: http://cdn.devolutions.net/

High Risk:
malware

mad
mad

For example, when I am on a DELL IDRAC Controller and create a support Log file. When I hit save, I get the dialog where I want to save the file. I select it, and it displays a progress bar.

When it's finished, there is now way to open the folder where the file is located, or the file itself. Also when I take a look into the folder where I said it should save it, it's empty.

We can't save any files via RDM, also not in VMARE and so on. It's like that since many versions. Hope there is a fix or a setting for that.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks in the end:
Save+File

mad
mad

Great, thanks! Amy Idea when the Next release will be? And you mean beta release, right?

7 mths Right Click Bug - 2019.1.13.0
mad
mad

Hello

There were two new Beta releases now, and the bug is still there. It is very annoying, please let them know.

Best regards.

mad
mad

Thanks, how do we know, when it is fixed?

mad
mad

When we right click something in the ESX Console (html5) it displays a "new register, new registercard" over it, which stops us from choosing an option behind it. WIth the normal version (not beta) it works without a problem.

vmware+esx

8 mths Right Click Bug - 2019.1.13.0
mad
mad

Hey David

How is live. What do you think, in which version could we expect it? It's now 3 years :-)

Thanks and best regards.
Patrick

8 mths Auto Add Devices to Playlist
mad
mad

We did a lot of testing and went for www.helpspot.com it is very simple, but can master a log of things. We have it on site but it's the same price if it's hosted. It has a Zapier integration and a great API. We are using it for 5 years now, and are still very happy.

13 mths Helpdesk / Ticket System
mad
mad

Hi Alexandre

Has this been fixed?

Best regards.
Patrick

2 yrs Blank window after save as
mad
mad

When we download something from a web-browser session. it shows the normal save as dialog as before, but after saving, it resets the whole window and it's just a white blank screen. You need to close the tab and open it again.

I attached two screen shots:

Save+dialog

blank+screen

Version 14.0.2

2 yrs Blank window after save as
mad
mad

Hi David

I just saw version 14 came out. Did the auto add feature make it into it?

Thanks and best regards.
Patrick

2 yrs Auto Add Devices to Playlist
mad
mad

Hi Johnathan

Thank you for the big effort. Ok so we hope it's gonna be fixed in the future.

Best regards.
Patrick

2 yrs VNC Keyboard Layout (Intel AMT)
mad
mad

Get the same error: unable to set value...

mad
mad

here is a screenshot. Don't see this option. (also checked under redirection port (active features) nothing there.

mad
mad

Hey Jonathan

Wow, I did not know about the meshcommander, what a great tool! Just tested the KVM there and it has the same problem as in RDM. So only when we use VNC+ directly from the intel vpro solution manager it works OK.

How can I activate the port 5900? I searched for that in the MeshCommander, but could not find this option.

I also read now, that with version 9.7 we can even replace the whole AMT with the meshcommander... wow, what a good tip, thank you so much.

I think we will get to the ground of this! :-)

mad
mad

Very strange. It's quite a pain to change the keyboard layout when using vpro and change it back, when writing something locally. Do you see any way to find out what the problem could be.

Is there a normal VNC Pro Version which also uses vnc protocol 3.8 so I could test it out, to see if I have the problem there as well or not?

mad
mad

Would you have a vPro System which has at least AMT 6.0? As this my behave a little bit different than a normal VNC Server.

mad
mad

Wow, when I change it to US English, everything is displayed correctly within RDM via VNC on the INtel ATM!
That's very strange. So why would it be a problem, to have my local setting to CH german keyboard, and it will display some completly wrong characaters, and also has the Z and Y at oposit places, but when I change it to US it shows the right keys...?

mad
mad

Just to be sure, here is the first row from my CH german keyboard:

°+"*ç%&/()=?`

Here is what I see when I do it in RDM via Intel entry on the remote machine:

`à(%/_)=`_° (Strange thing is, that the same character is displayed twice: `and _

I though that's US layout?

I added the Swiss German keyboard layout to the English (United States) language options. -> You are talking about the windows language options, right?

The thing with using the external Viewer is, that we would need a lot of licenses for VNC Viewer+ to connect to Intel vPro (as this is not free).

So I still hope we can somehow solve that. What did your wireshark test bringt to light?

mad
mad

Hey Jonathan

Thanks for all your testing and learning German by the way! 🤣

I only tested these two:

VNC Viewer+ with a Swiss German local layout connecting to a vPro using a Swiss German Layout -> Everthing is correct, no false characters.

RDM with a Swiss German local layout connecting to a vPro using a Swiss German Layout, -> most special characters are wrong And it looks like a US set instead of a Swiss German set to me. Like RDM is using US instead of CH German.

As it's working fine in VNC Plus directly, it must be something in RDM. Are there any settings to be made? Or how did you test it exactly? Windows keyboard layout or is there a setting within RDM?

Thanks and best regards.
Patrick

mad
mad

Hi Jonathan

No I don't have the same behavior.
I have locally Swiss German AND on the Remote Workstation also Swiss German.
When I connect to it via Vpro VNC, everything is OK and I have the correct layout.

When I use the RDM Intel Entry (which also goes via VNC) it has US Layout.

Best regards.
Patrick

mad
mad

Hello Jeff

Yes that fixed it, thanks.

Best regards.
Patrick

2 yrs 13.6.1.0 / 13.6.2.0 Not filling the password field on a website anymore. (Lastpass credentials)
mad
mad

Hello

Since version 13.6.1.0 RDM does not fill in the password of some pages anymore.

Here is an example of a Yeastar login site, the password field looks like this:

<input id="login-password-inputEl" data-ref="inputEl" type="password" size="1" name="password" placeholder="Password" style="background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);background: url(login/images/login_icon.png) 0px -30px no-repeat;padding: 0 0 0 30px;border:0;border-bottom: 1px solid #d5d5d5;height: 100%;" role="textbox" aria-hidden="false" aria-disabled="false" aria-readonly="false" aria-invalid="false" aria-required="false" class="x-form-field x-form-empty-field x-form-empty-field-default x-form-text x-form-text-default " autocomplete="on" data-componentid="login-password">

When we copy it manually in RDM and paste it in, it works, so receiving of the password seems to work. When we downgrade to version 13.5.6.0 it works without problems. Nothing changed at the website html code.

Best regards.
Patrick

2 yrs 13.6.1.0 / 13.6.2.0 Not filling the password field on a website anymore. (Lastpass credentials)
mad
mad

Hello Hubert

How about a remote session, so you can test it out and log everything you need to see, why this problem occurs. You could even try out your own account to see if it has something to do with that. (You could also send me the credentials of the free account (if it's just a test account) via private message and I can test this one out as well, as we know this one works 100% for you.)

Best regards.
Patrick

2 yrs Lastpass integration broken in version 13.5.8
mad
mad

Hi Hubert

Some good news. We don't get any timeouts in our script anymore. So this seems to be fixed.
Just still wondering why the normal LastPass integration does not work with the new CLI implementation without putting it in mobile mode?

Did you test it with a free Account? Does it work for you?

Best regards.

mad
mad

Hi Hubert

Thanks for the details. I don't know the CLI myself, I would have to ask some of our tech guys.
I did change the mode to mobile via <LastPassIsDesktopMode>false</LastPassIsDesktopMode> and now it's working again in this version.
So it seems via mobile mode it's fixed again, but via CLI / Desktop it does not work yet.

Best regards.
Patrick

mad
mad

Hello Hubert

Just for clarification: Everything is still working correctly in version 13.5.6.

The problem started with version 13.5.8 and the Lastpass integration did not work anymore as a normal repository. It says "An unexpected error has occured. Please check the execution log." Also when we check the Lastpass entry and try to browse the logins, it does not show anything anymore.

In version 13.5.8 you did not use the CLI yet, so the problem must lie somewhere else.

What did you guys change after version 13.5.6 which has broken the implementation?

Best regards.
Patrick

mad
mad

Hello Hubert

Still the same, with this version no list of credentials are displayed anymore and all lastpass credentials are not working anymore.

Best regards.
Patrick

mad
mad

Thanks Hubert. What will the Version number with the fix be? Beta or not?