Forum

Posts by AuxMax001 (AuxMax001)

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning...

I have a minor color tweak request in the v14.0

I use the Office 2016 (Dark Mode) for my skin. After the upgrade, the highlighted tab color fill and text are rather painful to read.

The non-active tab is a grayish fill with non-bold black text. The focused tab is baby-blue fill with bold white text. Ouch.

Screenshot is attached.

Can we either darken the fill or change the text color?

Thanks

2 yrs RDM Enterprise 14.0 - GUI color tweak request
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Zacahria...I usually run the 64-bit, but will switch back to the 32-bit for grins.

David...next time I get stuck, I will test this.

Thanks.

3 yrs 12.5.6 64-bit: enterprise: Tab focus change freezes RDM
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Yes...I'm using a VPN connection to a corporate VPN concentrator. And the reconnect option is enabled under experience.

The connection drop did not occur with my connection to the concentrator, just the remote locations internet (VPN tunnels between corporate and remote locations).

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I have a really annoying issue.

I usually have multiple RDP sessions open. I will be working on a RDP session, when the focus will abruptly change to another tab. When this focus change occurs, RDM is will freeze. Windows 10 Creator Edition is working...but RDM will not response to any mouse clicks.

I see CPU activity for remote desktop manager process. Now, I waited for over 5 mins to see if RDM would respond, but nothing. However, accidentally, I discovered that if go down to taskbar, right-click on the application, and select close, RDM will minimize. Then, I click on the application again, RDM will function normally.

I believe the focus changes were caused by a brief internet outage at given remote location, and the RDP sessions simply reconnected.

Any ideas?

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Easy enough. Thanks.

3 yrs 12.0.8 64-bit: enterprise: Logoff bug
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Discovered a bug today. When an existing RDP connection to a Windows server has been established and you attempt to logoff from the session by right-clicking the session tab, you receive an error:

Appears to be a typo. Nothing major.

3 yrs 12.0.8 64-bit: enterprise: Logoff bug
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Thanks for the response.

Is this comparable to manually creating additional databases and migrating entries from default repository?

As I made the slow climb in entries, the performance became dicey. I decided to create two additional databases. So I moved the recent company acquisitions (two distinct company) from the main data source to these new databases.

Main repository performance is better, but I still have 8,000+ entries.

4 yrs Remote Desktop Manager 12 (Beta)
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Hi...I'm curious about this feature in v12...can you elaborate?

== What's new ===
• Multi-repository

4 yrs Remote Desktop Manager 12 (Beta)
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning.

Running the latest version of RDM Enterprise. I think I noticed this quirk first in version 10.

From the navigation window....on the "All Entries" tab. I setup my remote locations with separate folders, then create subfolders for each location organizing devices like servers, network devices, etc. When you want to unhide the connections in a subfolder, you click the "play button" or triangle to show the sub-entries.

I've noticed that if you don't click perfectly on the triangle/play button, usually clicking whitespace just to the left of the icon, the list jumps to very top. For example, if I'm working on a server at the bottom of the list, and I miss clicking on the triangle icon, it will take me to the top of the list.

I guess the expected result would be nothing would happen if missed the icon.

Thoughts?

4 yrs GUI bug
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Yes. Ping is successful.

5 yrs 11.0.3 Enterprise: "Check is Online" bug
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Yes...the session is an RDP connection. I've attached the requested screenshots.

2015+10+21+10+44+22

2015+10+21+10+43+31

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning...

When running "Check is Online", entries with variables are using the literal variable name, not the contents of the variable.

For example...when checking a server at 192.168.1.130, the display shows "$SITE_CUSTOM_FIELDS$.130" rather than 192.168.1.130. Obviously the connection check fails.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Just Updated. Fixed the issue. Thanks.

5 yrs 11.0 Enterprise quirk: Double login prompt
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Cool...thanks.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Afternoon.

I've upgraded to version 11 of the RDM. I've noticed a slight issue.

I'm being prompted with the RDM Credential dialog box twice when making a server connection. It doesn't matter if I'm using RDP or the Vmware vSphere client.

These are the only connection that I've setup that require me to enter my password (all domain logins). I've setup these connections linked to my credential repository, though the passwords are not saved and must enter the password each time these connections are invoked. I don't have any issues with logins where the password is saved in the credential repository.

In a quick test, it appears the first credential dialog box is worthless...if I bypass the 1st RDM login prompt, pressing the Cancel button, then enter my password on the second RDM credential prompt, I'm logged in without issue. However, if I flip the procedure, skipping the second login, I still need to login.

Thoughts?

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Hi Jean-Francois...

I should clarify by saying that when I'm adding groups/folders, I use a template. If I simply add a group folder, it moves to the new folder. So...the issue is related to the usage of templates.

5 yrs Group/Folder creation and moving to the new folder
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning...

In the pre-10.5 version of RDM, when I would create a new group/folder, RDM would automatically move to that newly created folder in the navigation tree. That seems to have stopped since 10.5.x.

Is there an option to re-activate this?

5 yrs Group/Folder creation and moving to the new folder
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Yes.

5 yrs Question: Is it possible to mandate a dialog box to populate Custom variables?
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

When I deploy a template, the custom variables are not populated by default.

Is there a way to add a prompt box to populate the Custom variables?

It was recently added to the newer versions of RDM, asking to rename the group/folder. Was wondering if this could be extended to other fields?

Thanks.

5 yrs Question: Is it possible to mandate a dialog box to populate Custom variables?
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Thanks.

5 yrs Question: 10.1.8 change to templates?
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Yes...pressing Ctrl-F5 does populate the missing entry. I've tried to build a couple more. Some don't require the refresh, some do.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning.

I upgraded to version 10.1.8 last night. No issues.

This morning, I used a template to build a new location. I received a new prompt, requesting for a new group name. So I enter the group name and it deploys.

In the previous version, the template would populate in the folder with same name as the template, simply called Template Builder. I would go into the group/folder properties, update the name under general, and also populate the custom fields under Information, with the subnet ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$) and location # ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$). These custom fields are used to populate the child sessions.

Since the upgrade, even though the group name was entered in the dialog box, the group/folder name hasn't changed, still showing template builder. Moreover, while populating the subnet field ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$) and location number ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$), $SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$ is seen for a child sessions, the location number ($SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD2$) does not.

I attached an example of how I use the variables.

Thoughts?2015+02+05+9+44+18

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I ran the 10.0.2.0 update this morning and rebooted the computer. It was slow, but I was able to move the object.

6 yrs Enterprise 10.0.1.0 - RDM hangs on object move
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I tried the escape button...still not responding.

I was able to minimize RDM, despite the not responding condition, and there wasn't an open dialog box, on any of my monitors.

However, I did stumble onto a new detail. I left RDM running in the "Not Responding" state...while I was typing a reply to your message. After about a minute, there was brief flash on the screen and RDM was working normally.

I repeated the move attempt a few more times. The flash on the screen might be a dialog box, but it's too fast to be sure.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I was attempting to move only one session at a time. data source is MS SQL Express.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning...

Discovered a kink this morning. I made a copy of a connection and attempted to move it to another folder. Unfortunately, when I click the "Move to another group/folder", RDM decides to hang. I'm never prompted with folder list. I'm forced to terminate the application and relaunch. Same condition occurs in the 3 additional attempts.

I've tried this with an ESXi connection and a Tera Term connection.

Also...I like the version 10 updates.

Thanks.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I'm the only user...we can drop the table.

6 yrs Upgrade to Enterprise 10.0 - DB upgrade failure
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

What's in the connectionlog table?

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Hi...

I've run it couple times...same errors messages (from above) keep appearing.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Hi...I'm not a SQL expert.

The repair options were gleened from the google searches.

Can you provide the script to drop and recreate the table?

I don't have a recent backup to restore, aside from the manual backup I ran prior to the repair attempts.

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hello,

Updates 91 to 93 create two indexes, not something risky.

The connectionLog table contains logging data, if you cannot restore from a backup you could drop and recreate the table, but it would be best to restore your latest backup and redo the upgrade.

Best regards