Forum

Posts by madami (madami)

madami
madami

Hi,

the company I work for has adopted the Enterprise Edition of RDM as a strategic tool from several years (50+ users).

We would like to also have the possibility to access some remote servers via RDP through our corporate proxy. In some cases, while not having the possibility to create a VPN or similar, we still do need access to this server via RDP. Since all our connections go through a proxy, we need to be able to connect via a proxied RDP connection (more or less, the same situation Matt Lestock is in.

Currently we are using Parallels 2X RDP to connect to those remote servers, but we would really like to move all these connections to RDM (all other connections are there, connection info can be saved in the RDM database, connections are shared among all the authorized users and so on).

Would it be possible to implement this type of connection in RDM?

Thanks, Marco

3 yrs Use Proxy server for RDP connections
madami
madami

Hi Maurice,

I had no idea this possibility existed! Thank you very much for your help, very appreciated!

Thanks again,

Marco

4 yrs Wrong management of multiple KeePass credentials
madami
madami

Hi Thom,

I think I didn't explain myself, so I'll try again.

In my organization we share a common database (MS SQL Express DB) containing all servers we need to access; at the same time, we all use our own personal credentials to access those servers.

Every single user of my organization wants to personalize its own way to use RDM: display settings, screen size and among all customizable settings, we need to be able to use our own credentials with KeePass through the integration provided.
To be able to customize those settings, every user overrides the settings he is interested in via the "User specific settings" window and specifically the "My personal credentials" field.

Back to my problem: as in your setup, I also use a single database containing all credentials I need and they are already stored in the Domain\Username form; but this does not change the situation. It's like if when I associate new KeePass credentials to another server via the "My personal credentials" submenu, also the credentials associated to other server changes..

This is my situation:
- I associate the server a.abc.local to my KeePass credentials "ABC Credentials" in the ABC\username form. Everything works fine if I try to access server a.abc.local (the ABC credentials are correctly pulled).
- I associate the server b.xyz.local to my KeePass credentials (same KeePass database) "XYZ Credentials" in the XYZ\username form. Everything works fine if I try to access server b.xyz.local (the XYZ credentials are correctly pulled).
- If I try to access server a.abc.local, the XYZ credentials are pulled and therefore I don't authenticate on the server.

I hope the problem is now clearer. let me know if you need other explanations.

Thanks,

Marco

madami
madami

Hi all,
at work we have a multi-domain environment and thus the need to connect to servers in multiple domains.
I find very useful the possibility to use the KeePass integration, but in the scenario above it does not work correctly.
Let's say I have the domain abc.local and xyz.local and I want to use my KeePass entry ABC_Credentials with abc.local servers and my KeePass entry XYZ_credentials with xyz.local servers.
I select an abc.local server entry, edit user specific settings, tick on "Override credentials", select "My Personal Credentials", select KeePass database and my ABC_Credentials entry. If I open the abc.local server, the RDP connection is correctly opened using the ABC_Credentials in my KeePass. So far, no problem at all, everything works fine.
Then I do the same for the xyz.local server, obviously selecting the XYZ_credentials on my KeePass. If I test the xyz.local server, the RDP connection is correctly opened using the XYZ_credentials in my KeePass.
The problem is, if I then try to open the abc.local server I've set before, RDM tries to open the RDP connection with the KeePass' XYZ_credentials, which obviously are not suited to that domain and thus incorrect.

For us, this is a huge limitation, since it means we can integrate RDM and KeePass with only a domain at a time, "breaking" the integration with other domains.

Could you please check it and let me know when it will be fixed?

I'm currently using the 10.6.7.0 version of Remote Desktop Manager with Enterprise License.

Please tell me if you need further details.

Regards,
Marco

madami
madami

Ok, that was it. I'm not the admin for RDM, so I couldn't see that setting. I asked the person responsible for it to unchek it and now it works.

thanks for your help,

Marco

8 yrs how to add shared credentials password
madami
madami

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible that your company policy does not allow the password saving in Windows?

It's in the registry:
Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\DisablePasswordSaving

No, that's not the point. I don't have this entry in my registry at all and I save regualrly some network share's password in Windows, so that's not the cause of the problem.
Might it be an advanced setting of the Data Source? I'm using the Enterprise Edition 6.1.3.0.

madami
madami

I'm using latest version of Remote Desktop Manager with MS SQL Express and I would like to share some credential entries with everybody who has access to the database.
When I do Add -> Credential Entry I can fill in the Name, User Name and Domain fields, but "Password" field is greyed out. How can I solve this?

thanks,

Marco

madami
madami

Thanks. Please post a reply here, when you have some news about the topic.

8 yrs User - specific credential entry
madami
madami

Hi,

it would be nice to have the ability to create user-specific KeePass credential entries. We use the enterprise version and we have a db where all the servers are listed. We would like to each group of servers a user-specific (not shared, not available from the db) KeePass credential entry, in order to manage easily our own passwords. If I now try do add a KeePass credential entry, it will be shared between everybody who has access to the db and he will therefore be able to use my credentials.

I hope you can get what we'd need.

m.a.

8 yrs User - specific credential entry