Forum

Posts by labsy (labsy)

labsy
labsy

@previous post as Guest - that's me, Labsy. Forum logs me out too quick and I did not notice being just a guest smile

2 yrs Rightclick in RDP Session - mouse cursur jumps
labsy
labsy

Hmmm...just did a test on another machine and unfortunately (for me) it's the issue only on my PC. For new and old data sources. upset

labsy
labsy

Hi Jeff,

here's my diag:

• Using Microsoft RDC Manager ...... NO problems
  • Switching to FreeRDP option ........ NO problems
  • Using MSTSC.exe ....................... NO problems
  • Un-docked RDP versions 7.0 to 8.1 via Devolutions RDM .......... NO problem
  • Any Devolutions option of RDP 7.0 to 8.1 ..... FLICKERING PROBLEM

Maybe related - within latest Devolutions RDM versions I notice that I can hardly hit double-click on ANY connection in left-hand tree in order to start the connection. I mean, I do double-click on connection, but it does not lounch, but rather just opens properties window on right part of the screen, so I need to click "Open Session" to lounch it.

Like my mouse would had a lag on double click... but I notice this only within Devolutions RDM, nowhere else.

labsy
labsy

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I've tried disable HDPI scale factor under File --> Options --> Types --> RDP --> Advanced --> "Disable RDP scale factor (HDPI)", but there is no change.
Also, I am NOT using zoom or fit to window, just plain 1:1 pixel to pixel ratio.

BTW... I am the "Guest" from one post above. Obviously I was not logged in or something went wrong when I posted.

Here VIDEO screenshot of how it looks like: https://youtu.be/wJndds2hQkc

labsy
labsy

Hi,

first off, excellent job, guyz!

Then a possible BUG:
After upgrading to 4.0.3.0 FREE version, all my RDP sessions, which are displayed in-line (embedded), flicker mouse cursor all the time. Seems like mouse cursor is trying to position itself a pixel left/right or a pixel up/down, causing it to flicker all the time, or changing rapidly from HAND to ARROW when over a link in RDP session.
An annoying consequence is that whatever you click, you need to click many times to catch just the right moment between mouse repositioning flickers, which sometimes makes RDP session useless.

Externally opened RDP sessions or directly opened via MSTSC on my computer do NOT exhibit the above mentioned problem. Just Devolution's embedded RDPs.

Can provide you with more details upon request to help you solve the issue.
Thanx!

2 yrs 4.0.3.0 Free mouse flickering, not able to click on RDP screen
labsy
labsy

Hi,

I am using RDC for my daily work. Servers administration, network administration etc. By the book I should write down every remote job I do, but in real world it all goes too quickly I can hardly follow up. Phones ringing, gozillion requests via HelpDesk, another gozillion via email, having a dozen of Remote Desktops opened at a time, so I cannot remember where my head is, who would think of writing down what you were doing and how much time you spent on each case after such a day?
So, I think it would be a GREAT idea to have RDC somehow collect my activity on remote desktops, and show a summary upon request. I could then sum up all my remote work for each site/RDC folder at the end of the month, and attach report to my monthl bill.

The only caveat here is whether it is possible to not just see if Remote Desktop is opened or not, but also if it is active or not. But for start, some monthly stats of time spent having just OPENED each remote desktop would be great.

What do you think?

6 yrs Counting work hours spent on Remote Desktop