Forum

Posts by alphanimal (alphanimal)

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

test post please ignore

4 mths Is there still a platform available for translation?
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Thank you, that worked!

2 yrs Would like to update, but the installer cannot remove old version (requesting .msi file)
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hello!

I get the following message when I try to uninstall RDM 13.0.6 asking for "Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.13.0.6.0.msi"

I managed to download that exact msi file, but when I select it in the dialog it says "The file [...] is not a valid installation package for the product Remote Desktop Manager"

I managed to manually install 13.5 in addition to the old one, but I'd like to get rid of both and reinstall, because I'm having some problems with VPNs asking for a password all the time.

Thank you!

2 yrs Would like to update, but the installer cannot remove old version (requesting .msi file)
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

I just noticed it also shows the password in plain text while this message is displayed.

5 yrs Cannot continue on embedded IE certificate warning
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

This message also pops in front if VPN mode is set to "Confirm disconnect". It would be much better if it could just request focus by blinking in the Task Bar

5 yrs RDP is stealing focus
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

I can confirm, the VPN works when usind RDM 64-Bit. It is a little bit slow when loading the datasource

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

where do I download it?

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

wait, there's a 64-Bit version?

How did I get that "expert" tag again? Big Grin

I will try

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

OK I tried this, but it does not work.

I used these settings:
Executable: C:\Windows\System32\rasdial.exe
Start Arguments: "$HOST$" "$USERNAME$" "$PASSWORD$" /PHONEBOOK:"\\path.to\my\network\share\rasphone.pbk"

while Host is actually the name of the VPN in the PBK file.
It also didn't replace the $PASSWORD$ variable, so I entered that manually to test.

I get the same error message, error 720.

I found out it might have to do with WOW64 emulation, as it fails with the same error when I start "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\rasdial.exe".
In Task Manager I see that RDM executes the 32-Bit version of rasdial.exe, regardless if I just write rasdial.exe or "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasdial.exe"

I guess since RDM is a 32-Bit application, all child processes will be using the 32-Bit WOW64 files as well. And this seems to be broken on Windows 10.

Bottom line: not your problem, Microsoft's problem smile

Still, I don't really want to go back to Windows 8 right now... all the other things I need works great so far.
If you have an idea for a quick fix, please let me know smile I have a workaround (entering ccredentials manually) but in the long run a solution would be great.

Thanks!
Daniel
edited by alphanimal on 10/15/2014

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

I tested it with "Run as administrator" but it is the same error. Also I'm on 10.0.4.0 now

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

fyi: the command I see in task manager is something like:

rasdial "VPN Name" "user" "pa$$word" /PHONEBOOK:"\\path.to\some\network\folder\rasphone.pbk"

if I type that into cmd, the VPN connects

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hi!

I don't know what broke it (Update to RDM 10 or Update to Windows 10 Preview) but I get this error when trying to connect to any Microsoft VPN:

When I run the "rasdial.exe" command manually, it works, but from withing RDM I get the error.

Any ideas?

6 yrs Microsoft VPN
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

I installed the new version of Fortinet SSL-VPN Client, and upon disconnecting the VPN through RDM, I get the following dialog box:

I see in Task Manager that the command executed through RDM was "FortiSSLVPNclient.exe /disconnect" but should be "FortiSSLVPNclient.exe disconnect" I think.

I don't know if this is a change in RDM or the VPN Client (I installed new versions of both on a new machine, on other machines it works fine though)

Thanks!

Daniel

6 yrs Fortinet SSL-VPN new command line parameters?
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

I had Default selected. When I switch to MozNET, it's the same (so I guess that's Default)

If I witch to geckofx it asks for a xulrunner.exe, which I do not have.

6 yrs Cannot continue on embedded IE certificate warning
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

where's lblTo = "To"

It either means something like a recipient ("Mail To") or a region ("From ... To").
In German it's either "an" or "bis"

I noticed it's used in the Port Generator boundaries, where it should be translated "bis", but I don't want to break other uses...

6 yrs German Translation questions
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

In embedded Firefox I get just an empty page. No message whatsoever.

Did you ever look into integrating Chrome? I'd love that.

Thanks!

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

cool, thanks. I did some German translating recently. Can you update the strings in the release too?

6 yrs Errors showing up in Offline mode
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

yes, I have writable offline mode enabled. the log contains this message:

[07.06.2014 08:32:43]ERROR SILENT System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerLogSubDataSource.LogConnectionClosed(LogConnectionClosedInfo info)
ClientConnectionId:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

In the new beta I get this message when using offline mode whenever I try to open, edit etc. a session. Basically on every DB query I think.

I have no problem working though, I just have to click OK from time to time...

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Yes indeed it's because of SSL trust.

It's interesting, that it allows me to click "continue" in standalone IE, but not embedded.

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hi!

Sometimes I get this on an embedded session:

I cannot continue in that case, because the link to "load the page anyway" does not show up.

When IE is not embedded, it looks OK:

I hope the German text doesn't throw you off smile

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Daniel

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hi!

I just noticed the same thing with a Web-based login. (Exchange Server 2013)
You have to enter the Domain name within the User field (User@Domain or Domain\User)

I can put the credentials the way they have to be directly in the Web session, but if I use a credential entry that is used for other things, where I need User and Domain separated (RDP), it doesn't work in the Web-based login.

So, just like with vSphere, an option to combine User and Domain into the User field would be handy for Web sessions as well.

Thanks!

Daniel

7 yrs Use domain in vSphere Client session
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

In, UIResources.resx, where's lblDesktop, lblDesktopProtocol located?

I think those need a fix

7 yrs German Translation questions
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hey!

Here's another layout problem:

7 yrs Overlapping text
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

I will try that, thanks! But I suspect there are other messages/popups too, that steal focus. I will report!

PS: Snagit ftw smile

7 yrs RDP is stealing focus
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

This one for example, if a session is openes via VPN and the VPN connection is closed.

RDM tries to reconnect a few times, but then jumps to the front with the following message:

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hi!

A small improvement would be if RDM stopped stealing focus whenever a error message pops up.

Sometimes a server is not reachable or a VPN dies not connect properly and RDM is stuck waiting for the timeout to kick in.
When I switch to another windows while RDM is trying to do something and then fails, the RDM windows jumps to the front, disturbing any interaction with other windows.

It would be nice if RDM could use something like this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms679347(v=vs.85).aspx

regards,
Daniel

alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

- Offline mode with read/write support

= big grin smile

7 yrs VMware Synchronizer - VM Tags
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Turns out I derped. I never has passwords saved in my FileZilla

All fine, Thanks smile

7 yrs FileZilla Import Add-in problems
alphanimal
alphanimalExpert user

Hi!

2 small issues:

I installed the FileZilla from Add-on-Manager and RDM crashed without any stack trace (Remote desktop manager Stopped working). After reopening it everything worked though.

Then I tried importing my FileZilla sessions, which also worked, but it did not import saved passwords. Is this expected?

Thanks!
Daniel

7 yrs FileZilla Import Add-in problems